main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC.N GL - Official X-Wing Alliance Wing!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Hannibal, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    SLF surprised me with that minefield battle- that's the way he got me! I'm sticking to that story!

I also managed to host for Darth Hannibal, and, to be frank....he WHOOPED me!

2. Darth-Hannibal

Darth-Hannibal Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Hehe, looks like I've got me an apprentice! I'd better sort out my computer and make it work so I can damn well teach him something! ;)

3. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, another night of flying for me- was good fun except when Darth Hannibal decides to ram an ISDII leaving me with a load of Tie Fighters, one pi**ed off ISDII and a lagging PC....

4. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    TERRA "SLF " ... WHOS THIS GUY?

Darth-Hannibal "Hehe, looks like I've got me an apprentice!" ... you talking bout me? ?[face_plain]... HOPE SO :p

5. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    Um... I meant Terra. See his sig!!! :D

But if you want me to train you a bit, I'd love to do that too! Only the best for OUR fighter wing!

6. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    o....ok then :) :D

im gonna try uninstalling my Joystick and re-doing it - it really bites!

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    56k'er signing up, and registering interest for future XWA games.

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    kool - i knew JP would be in once he read this and was home!

1 more XWA'er!

9. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I'm curious does anyone like using the beam weapon? Personly I hate it. I usally dump all energy to engines when the mission requires it.

10. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    Same here Pat. I only ever add a beam weapon for the speed bonus! Usually I drop shields to 1/4 charge too, and channel in spare laser power to keep the shields up - well fast, 'specially in a TIE Defender.

Even if I take significant damage, I can still put shields and lasers on full and go at regular speed anyway!

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    whats this "beam weapon"?

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    In "Tie Fighter" some of the later experimental TIEs had a mini tractor beam. You could trap your enemy in your beam, and then pummel it with lasers.

I thought it was lame.

I guess the weapon has been included in some of the XWA multiplayer craft. I've always played as rebels when in Multiplayer - and I could count those times on one hand.

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    o ok thanks... yea i too play Rebel when playing XWA. I guess i should try some Imp craft out!

14. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Umm. I can answer that question. I have played XvT and TIE Fighter. Beam weapons are available only for imperial pilots

These are the following beam weapons I know of and thier capabilities:

Tractor Beam - Makes the enemy fighter less maneuverable and thus is easier to target.

Jamming Beam - Make the enemy ship targeted unable to fire lasers or missles towards you. When going against capital ships, it only makes a portion of the ship's complement of weapons unable to target and shoot you.

Decoy Beam - (A personal favourite) Switich it on and no ship can target you since it will automatically change the enemy ship's target to another of you fighters and thus lets you be able to vape fighters more easily without picking up a tail or two.

Since I don't have XWA, and I have XvT (Not with Balance of Power expansion pack) I might play against some people who have it but not right at this present time since my Hard Drive Space is dismal (-150mb left). I will however try to get more disk space on my computer or buy a larger Hard Drive (60gig is looking good).

Thats a very long post from me and goodnight.

15. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Just so you know, Master Hannibal, I received my lesson and will be completing Training 1 tomorrow :)

Let's fly again soon! Best bet for anyone wanting to fly with us is to put down a messenger alias...that way we can get in touch for the spur of the moment flights!

16. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    The tie defender and advanced use beam weapons. Not sure what else.

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    o ok thanks guys

i guess i do need to play some IMP fighters!

MASTER HANNIBAL - i will complete training session 1 on the weekend (tied up this week)

18. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    If I beat Tie Fighter by the weekend I will install XA so I can brush up on my skills.

19. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    I've said it once, and I'll say it again... ICQ!!!!!

...Master Hannibal. What did you start that for, Terra?! ;)

20. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I am back so I can start killen ya.

21. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    BTW, if anyone wants some training missions, I'm designing short course of a few sims (single or multiplayer), that help you to develop your technique and strategies. Terra and SFL already have the first lesson (Accuracy). If anyone else wants, then please PM with your e-mail address. They're only a few KB, but I have nowhere to put them up on the web. They're not mods either, just missions for the simulator section, so installing them will not render you incompatible with other players! :)

Welcome back AA. If you feel like a game over the next few days just ICQ me, I'm normally free. Not at the minute tho, I'm about to start a SaberX game with Conn.

22. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    A little while ago I tried to join a game AA hosted for me and Bib, and it came up with the error "your version of the program differs to that of the host", or words to that effect. Has anyone else had this problem? If you have, please speak up, even if you don't have a solution. That's the point of these tester games.

23. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    STATUS UPDATE:

Anyway, here's a current list of people I assume would be willing to play regularly. If I have jumped the gun here, or if I have missed anyone obvious off, then please let me know:

Darth Hannibal
    SithForceLord
    Terra
    AlienAcid
    JP-30
    AdmiralZaarin
    Pat-Fett
    El Emperador
    Fierce Flamingo (as soon as he gets the game)
    Bib hasn't posted here, but I know he plays. BIB, YOU WANNA PLAY WITH US? :)

Which is great! :D If we decided to fly today we'd have two flights!

Which we won't, becuase I am still working on a list of errors, and solutions. Same as before, I'm encouraging people to play multiplayer games, and would appreciate it if they would let me know of any errors that crop up, especially if they also find the solutions!

Thanks! :D

24. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    Message for Terra and SFL; Apart from my stupid computer (no fair; I got a 1.4Ghz 384Mb system that won't host XWA!!!), our systems were basically compatible. Have either of you got any modifications to the game installed apart from the 2.02 upgrade? This can be anything, from the updated shiplist.txt and x-wing glow files that are common, to the imperial fighter patch and the like.

Cheers! :)

25. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I think I have it up and running now, i downgraded my direct x.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.