main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC.N GL - Official X-Wing Alliance Wing!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Hannibal, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Hannibal

Darth-Hannibal Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    How do you downgrade directX? I'd love to get verion 8 off my system!

2. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    I've made no modifications except the 2.02 upgrade, and I've played loadsa games on the ZONE with no problems.

Training completed in the Tie/Advanced, no ship losses, no problems, just trying to rack up my kills on it now before trying the other craft ;)

3. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
  4. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm starting to think my PC is too laggy for XWA :(

5. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Count me as a causual player. For two reasons. A. Between School,work,and social life I have little time to relax. Best night for me would be Sun. around 9:00p.m B. For those that have played with me in JK can tell you sometimes my cable connection is figity(SP?) and will only work in short bursts,I live in Indianapolis a big city with lots of people on the same network.

6. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Sign me up, if you would. Only 56k, and a slow computer at the moment. Icq 4387413 and Msn flare_storm@yahoo.com

7. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    MASTER HANNIBAL - i havnt DLed any mods or anything for XWA!

8. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    'sokay dude, I fixed it. Don't know how, just played around with a few files and it managed to behave. :D

9. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I have the XWA Upgrade, but only on one copy... I have 4 versions installed .

10. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    Welcome to the fold, FlareStorm, glad to have you on board. If you feel like a game from time to time, I'm around quite a bit for the next 3 weeks, so I'd be pleased to hear from you (ICQ is best - 125958692). After that I go to university, so I won't be around so regularly.

AA... I'm sure you have your reasons! ;) Hope I learn half the computer tricks you seem to know when I go to uni!

11. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Naw, those you learn by messing around.

90% of the cool tricks I know are from experience.

12. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Who wants to set a game up for Sun? I plan to install XA in the next day or so. SFL look in the galaxies spies thread for a response to your question.

13. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    Sounds great! If you could host Pat, even with a fidgety cable connection, it's better than most of us! ;)

I don't know a lot about cable. Pat, what is the capacity of users that a cable connection can take?

This is an issue I've been meaning to bring up before now; what times do people want to play? Not necessarily for this weekend, but for regular games.

The best time all round for a Sunday, by my reckoning, would be between 7 and 8pm EST, midnight and 1am GMT, given the number of UK users (including myself!! :) )

Also, what kind of games do people want? All v all? Teams? Tactical strikes (i.e. first to destroy the enemy cruiser or something)?

Speak your mind people, it's the only way we're going to sort anything out! :D

14. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I'm not sure if I should host. If the connection is running good that night then no prob.I'll let you know that night. Also I can't make the game until around 9:00p.m CST. I think I can get at least 6 maybe more. Never hosted a XA game.

15. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Sunday bad, people have school/work on mondays and have to leave at 5est.

16. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I got school the next day too. Doesn't stop me. Sun. is the only good day good for me. Unless I don't have work and not too much homework a weekday might work. Fri. and Sat. nights I go out.

17. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    I go out Fridays, and most Saturdays too. Anyway, this week there's a JK game on Saturday, and a lot of the crowd are the same folk, so let's try not to deliberately schedule against.

I don't see there being a problem with Sunday evening, as long as it isn't gonna keep people up till all hours. People with homework have all weekend to work on it, and even for people who have work early next morning, if we play at 7pm EST that's not gonna be too bad is it? Say we set that as a regular time, is that gonna be a problem for people?

UKers, that's 12 midnight, but come to think of it it's only me and Terra; I don't mind staying up till 1 or 2am, I usually do anyway. Don't know about you Terra. How're you getting on with lesson one, dude? Inquiring trainers wanna know!

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    sunday night is the middle of my monDAY!

o well - im not that important to stop this, i dont mind too much about XWA - i can hook up other games for myself with you guys at different times anyway!

pat-fett SFL look in the galaxies spies thread for a response to your question

what question was this? ?[face_plain]

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ooooooo i see now,

pat-fett sure ill give ya a game... not sure what time though - talk on icq (ive added you)

20. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I'm available "evenings" PST, not too late. If I'm on ICQ (4397413) then I can probably play.

I'd like some co-op and team missions. FFA furballs is sooooooooo old.

Do I need any mods? Are there any mods?

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    4397413 - this number doesnt work!

EDIT = darth han gave me your contact = all good!

22. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    just give me a buzz when you wanna play if you see me online.

23. Fierce_Flamingo

Fierce_Flamingo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2001
    about the beam weapon, I have Tie Fighter and I use it all the time. Especially with the missile boat. Just put missiles on duel, put beam on and get a lock and fire. But its hard to use the beam with lasers cause you need to aim at a ship for it to work so you cant fire infront of it. If you run out of power jus use the missile boats SLAMS and jet out of there. I used to play lots of Tie Fighter. Well im going to London in afew days for school shopping so I might get XWA. Im getting a new cpu soon too! Im gettin a good un this time.

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    im really gonna have to play more, this beam weapon sounds cool

25. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Alright folks bear with me I had to do a reformat of my HD and I am in the proccess of installing a few things. I know,Iknow,I should back up my files. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.