main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC.N GL - Official X-Wing Alliance Wing!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Hannibal, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Wow...there's still an X-Wing Alliance wing? Just how many members does it still have and when do they play?

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Darth_Invidious

This thread's become the XWA news thread, mainly myself updating everyone on new or "upgraded" OPTs (models) when they become available. I'm not sure if a "wing" as such still exists.

3. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    That's a damn shame. XWA still holds a spot in my PC's crowded hard disk...but I haven't played in ages because playing against the game's AI is simply not a challenge. I wonder if ANYONE still plays this or XvsT on a regular basis...

4. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Darth_Invidious

If it's multiplayer XvT/BoP you're looking for, try XFire. :)

5. Jans_Walker

Jans_Walker Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    To me it still sounds promising. It'll be playable when I release it. You just don't get to play all 16 missions (Well, technically you do, in skirmish form). :p Don't worry. :)

6. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Asking for help on a technical matter. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled XWA on a new, larger harddrive. I even added additional memory to my PC. Now, whenever I step out of the concourse to, say, launch a skirmish mission or even see any of the craft in the tech library, the game crashes to the desktop and I get the usual WinXp error message that an error has occurred. Is this due to a fresh install to WinXP? Is there's some kind of tweaking you have to do for the game to run properly? Any help would be appreciated.

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    D_I

May I ask what graphics card you're using?

8. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm using an ATI Radeon 9600. However the game was running fine with it until I made the recent upgrades in HD and RAM and tried to play it again. I've tried to do a clean install several times since then (not adding upgraded flightmodels and such) and the game crashes all the time.

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    D_I

You may want to pay a visit to the XWA Upgrade forums, register, and post what you've told us here in the "Soft/Hardware Problems" forum there. The user Avenger One is pretty good at figuring out things like this. :)

10. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Ok, I'll give it a try.

11. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Did someone say X-wing Alliance. I love the game. Ever since i found out about the Upgrades to the OPTs it has made it's way back to my computer. I even bought a new Joystick just so I couldplay it. WOW why did I never see this Forum before!!!!

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    There's a guy in the XWA Upgrade forum who's pretty much having the same problem I'm having. *Sighs* Damn you, Bill Gates, for launching such a gamer unfriendly OS as XP. :p

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    D_I, what are you complaining about? Games like SWG, Battlefront, and EaW run fine on XP. It's just older games that it sometimes has a problem with. [face_laugh]

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Exactly. It has a problem running the GOOD LucasArts games. [face_plain]

Curiously enough, for some reason X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter -- which is older than XWA -- runs just fine. I think I'll uninstall my current video card and reinstall it with older drivers to see if that'll do the trick.

15. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    A couple of notes:

DTM has released an updated version of the Eta-2 Actis Interceptor, with more realistic textures and an improved cockpit model. Download it from his site (site was having problems at press time...please be patient).

Abolisher has finally released a replacement planet.dat file, which replaces several of the stock backdrops with ones created from actual NASA images of planets, asteroids, and nebulae. He does warn in the XWAU release thread, though, that several of the replacement backdrops will not make sense with the stock missions, so they are primarily meant for mission designers to create missions around the new backdrops. The stock missions can be edited with AlliED, however. Download the backdrops from Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost.

16. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Wow... it looks great. :) Can't wait for an ARC-170!

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    *whines...not being able to play XWA anymore*

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Vince Trageton is proud to announce the release of the last capital ship for his upcoming Battle of Coruscant shipset: the Recusant-class Destroyer. According to the release notes on the XWA Upgrade board, they are support ships that were in use by the Commerce Guild fleet before they were merged into the Confederation of Independent Systems fleet by Count Dooku. Screenshots can be found with the release notes. Thanks to EvilJedi for the original model for the Warlords mod for Homeworld 2, to Berruga for the conversion and OPT'ing, and to Vince Trageton for various touch-ups.

Download this OPT from Vince T's X-Wing HQ.

19. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Am I reading this right that somebody has enabled PT-era starfighters to be used in XWA? :eek:

*explodes* =P~

20. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Yup Merkurian. The Episode I shipset has been around for quite awhile (with a flyable Royal Naboo N-1 starfighter), and DTM has AotC and Clone Wars (the cartoon) stuff on his site, along with the Eta-2. We're now waiting on Master Qui-Gon to finish the ARC-170, which I hope will be flyable.

21. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project has released the "upgrade" of the Suprosa, modeled by (who else?) Marco Antonio Malheiros. Release thread w/ screens can be found here.

22. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    After many months of hard work, the XWA Upgrade Project is pleased to announce the release of the "upgraded" Asteroid Base, which features, among other things, a real hangar instead of the Totally Games model's dead-end tunnel (feel free to correct me on this point, though). Release thread with screencaps can be found here.

Credits:

DXF Model: Gringlas and General_Trageton
    Tunnel Textures: Gringlas
    Turret Textures: Darksaber (correct me if I'm wrong)
    Asteroid and Hangar Textures: Abolisher
    OPTing: Abolisher

23. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Master Qui-Gon has finally released the ARC-170 Starfighter OPT, with texture help provided by General Trageton, ATX, and Darksaber, along w/ the pilot model by DTM. It is currently available at Darksaber's X-Wing Station, and will eventually also be available at Vince T's X-Wing HQ. Screenshot should be available on Darksaber's site. Note: The OPT will replace the X-wing in Slot 1.

24. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    DTM has announced two new OPTs available on his site. The first is his own Nebulon Ranger (also known as a Coruscant Heavy Courier). The second one is the first work of a new OPT talent, L.D. Khatgar: the Geonosian Nantex Starfighter. Follow this thread for screens of both ships.

25. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Anyone know where I can download a pilot file that has all the missions unlocked? Not finding it via Google.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.