main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC.N GL - Official X-Wing Alliance Wing!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Hannibal, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    FlareStorm

Darksaber has one on his site, but b/c he doesn't like ppl directly linking files on his site (other than his main page), I'll have to give you the roundabout route: from the link above, expand the "Tutorials" section, click the "A Shipset for XWA" link under the "Creating Shipset Tutorials" section, and on that page, find the link labeled "My Pilot"...that will be the link to the file you're looking for.

2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Found it, thanks a lot

3. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Hannibal's Ghost lives!!!!!!!

Nice 1,000 posts over 5 years. Man where has the time gone.

4. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    A Canadian known as StarLord on the XWAU board has announced that he has adapted most, if not all, of the single-player campaign for X-Wing Alliance to co-op multiplayer play. He's even borrowed a trick from the New Jedi Order project and enabled multi-regions in multiplayer play. The patch and instructions are available at http://amiralaria.free.fr/xwam_an.php but he asks that if any of the missions are bugged, please let him know.

5. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    After what seems like (and probably is) years, Master Qui-Gon and Darksaber have announced the release of two "upgrade" OPTs...the Millenium Falcon and Sabra (YT-1300) transports. The Falcon can be installed with your choice of Han and Chewie in the cockpit or Lando and Nien Nunb, while the Sabra cockpit has Ace Azzameen and Emkay (for story continuity).

Download both OPTs for now from Darksaber's X-Wing Station (link is to main site...the OPTs, along with screenshots, can be found in the "Hosted Craft" section). Both will eventually be available from the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project as well.

6. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Bugs have been uncovered in some of the OPTs available. The first one concerns the just-released FALC and YT-1300 OPTs. General Trageton has discovered that there is an infinity-triangling problem when you look to the very rear in cockpit mode.

The second concerns the Supra Fighter available on the XWA Upgrade Project. One of the forum users reports that the "upgraded" Supra causes XWA to crash to the desktop when engaged.

I'll let everyone know when these issues are fixed.

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Darksaber has announced that he has fixed any possible bugs in the Supa Fighter "upgrade" OPT and has posted a link to the fixed OPT in this thread. We're still waiting on the fix for the Falcon and YT-1300 OPTs.

8. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    Man, I would so join in on this. But the problem is, the game, apperenlty, isn't sold anymore.:(

9. Raveen

Raveen Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2006
    You might want to try Ebay, there are often copies on there.

10. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    I would but my parents are paranoid about buying things off the internet.

11. DarthXela

DarthXela Jedi Master

May 26, 2005
    Try your local EBgames store, they might have it in their used games bin.
    That's where I found some old SW titles.

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Have you got a friend who could buy on your behalf?

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I am proud to announce that a series of seven missions (in the form of XWA skirmishes) developed for the Blue Squadron training program (and B-wing pilots in general) by Blue Squadron Training Officer Paul "Rogue" Sweet has been released and is now available for download from the Flight Deck of the CRS Morning Star site. Note: The series will require Darksaber's Ultimate Craft Pack.

14. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I finally got a new Joystick!!!! Man I don't know how I went this long without one. Anyways, I'm working my way through X-Wing and Tie Fighter now. Getting my old skills, or lack there of back. Once I start playing XWA I would love to get a game going if anyone is interested.

15. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Man I forgot how hard the original X-Wing is. Got stuck on the 5th X-Wing historicle mission for 2 days. Any takers for a XWA game some time?

16. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I'll see...

I'm flying down to Christchurch (where I studied) next Thursday for a few days (bit of a trip for some crumpet, but oh well :D)

If I can either find my old disc's or borrow JP's XWA, and I'll have to buy a stick of joy... but I'd be quite keen actually now with my intraweb speediness.

edit = right pat, me ol' chum. I just bought this little doosy!

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/cyborg_evo.htm
    [image=http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/images/product/pcp/cyborg_evo2.jpg]

I'll pick her up tomorrow and we'll try get a game going. Might look for those discs and try brush up some XWA skillz, or lack there of. :)

edit = Right, installing it now, found my old discs! :) Looking forward to some old school gaming.

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Let's go for a trial run sunday evening (your time) Mr Marsh (so it'll be early afternoon for me), you gonna be around? Get on MSN so we can sort stuff out like time difference and IP etc

What time zone are you on EST or Pacific?

Anyone else wanting to join in?

This time zone converter will help.

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Shall we go for 8pm Sunday 13th EST which is 1pm Monday 14th for me???

I should be able to get my stick and configure it by then... providing I don't have any work on :)

18. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Right on dude let me install AIM. Plus I need to install XWA. Any other fellow WOOHOO Squad members wish to participate?

Here's what I ended up getting....

[image=http://admajora.dk/Out/images/963291-0914.jpg]
    Logitec Attack 3.

I'm about to build myself a new PC and this was part of some toys I bought for the system. I also got a widescreen 22" LCD and a new soundcard. The wide screen looks pretty sweet sitting in a X-Wing canopy(SP?).

Edit: Just remembered there are a few programs I like to watch on HBO Sunday evenings. Would 12am EST be good for you?

19. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I have a forcefeedback sidewinder. I don't know how you guys can play any flight sim with a joystick that has such a dinky base. There is nothing under it to keep you from ripping the joystick all over the place. I also like how when I am getting shot at and hit the joystick jerks around making me regain control, very cool feature.

It's an oldie but goodie.
    [image=http://www.itportal.it/review/hardware/joystick/microsoft/ffpro/force.jpg]

20. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Well I have a pretty cool set up sine I bought my monitor. It doubles as a TV so I sit on the couch and slide a TV tray under my lap when I use the joy stick. Think like a breakfast in bed tray. You up for some XWA Chim?

21. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Sounds sexy pat.

I would be and am up for some XWA only problem is I leave for work in 15 minutes. We will play soon though, I assure you.

22. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Well I didn't mean right this second. Just trying to see if we can get a game going with a few peps. Firgure out times etc.

23. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Im up for a game.

I absolutely love this game to bits,

If you want to contact me on im my email is in my profile.

Id just need to install it and get my crappy joystick out again :p

24. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Well there's another. Do you use AIM JK? Usally that's how we'd coridnate games back in the day.

25. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I'm on AIM //shudders//

I have my new stick of joy, I actually paid $79.95 (as apposed to $71.95) and got the Wireless version of that Saitek Cyborg. 1 AA battery in the stick, a USB plug in and I'm away laughing.

Fully adjustable stick button axes / height and grip.

Rudder control via twising stick.
    12 buttons
    1 knob for "POV" in 8 directions.
    Throttle lever.

Loving it :D

Now I have to configure it with XWA...

I'll be ready for gaming in a short while.

26. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I'm gonna get my arse handed to me on a plate.

I jumped in and it's amazing how the controls mostly all came back to me instantly. F9 F10 with shift = for laser / shield transfer of power etc.

Joystick is very nice, but not use to the sensitivity of it just yet...

Pat, get on AIM asap!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.