main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC.N GL - Official X-Wing Alliance Wing!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Hannibal, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    That's good. :)

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I don't know how it happened, but the XWA Upgrade Project is now back online, and earlier than expected. :D

3. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    That's excellent! [face_dancing] [goes to download opts]

4. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    A bug has been found in one of the missions of the recently-released Blue Squadron skirmish series (the 99km skirmish bug, to be specific), which has been corrected. The updated series is now available for download from the "Flight Deck" of the CRS Morning Star site. Blue Squadron apologizes for the error.

5. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    After contributing a number of OPT projects of his own to the X-Wing community (notably the ongoing Clone Wars shipset project), the XWA Upgrade Project has welcomed DTM to the team with his first OPT for the project, the Loronar Strike Cruiser, which you can find screenshots of in this thread. General Trageton asks that you use his mirror (linked on the XWA Upgrade Project's homepage announcement of the OPT) for now.

6. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Oh man I am pissed, I just installed X-wing Alliance, with nearly every mod you can think of, only to find that the mouse cursor was missing. Now I have to do it all again.:mad:

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    A triangulation error was found in the just-released Loronar Strike Cruiser OPT, which has been fixed. A link to the version 1.1 OPT can be found on this page (look for DTM's post w/ the link to the EXE file on Darksaber's site).

8. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Awesome I downloaded everything on XWAUP last night. All the models look awesome. Especially the YT-1300

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    A couple of news items today...

First, General Trageton has released his OPT of the Warhammer-class Heavy Cruiser. Thread with screencaps, release notes, and link to the download site can be found here.

Second, there is now a beta version of the English translation of the X-Wing Alliance Version Integrale mod available on the mod's official site. Bugs you might expect to find are with the Episode 3 stuff and missions involving the Episode 4 Death Star.

10. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Although they're not quite up to XWA Upgrade snuff yet, improved versions of the Lancer Frigate (by Axingus) and Razor Fighter (by L.D. Khatgar) OPTs are now available for download from Jefe Picaro's site (click the British flag on the homepage for the English version) in the "OPT Database".

11. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So what does this XWA Upgrade do anyway? From what I can see it just improves the graphics a bit, but does it do anything else?

12. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    That's all...just a graphical update using high-polygon models and high-resolution textures.

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    General Trageton is celebrating Christmas in his usual fashion...with a new release! This year, it's the original Dominance-class Battlecruiser. Screencaps and release notes here. Download it from your local X-Wing HQ.

14. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Then what's with the Darth Vader Tie Fighter? And what's this I hear about flying Experimental Ties and Gunboats in missions?

15. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The Advanced TIE Fighter X1 (Darth Vader's craft from Episode 4) was created as a replacement for the Booster Pack, which was never used in any XWA stock mission. I believe the Experimental TIEs are used in some of the XWA missions, though they may look a bit different from the Totally Games original models. The "upgraded" experimental craft were also given cockpits, giving you a chance to fly them. But it is still largely a graphical update.

16. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Two things brought me to this thread:
    1) Was Darth-Hannibal the dead guy or the guy we thought was dead? Or both?
    2) The dude above me is clearly from Brockton and for some reason proud of this.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Hannibal was the guy who pretended to be dead. His "friend" Darth Corleone was Hannibal's sock, and was the one who broke the news of his death to us.

Good times, good times.

18. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Right. I barely remember that. I'll just take your word for it that they were good times and not horribly anti-social high school times.

19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Refresh yourself;

http://boards.theforce.net/games_videogames/b10005/3913481

20. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    A friend in the squads just gave me some food for thought. I'll refer you to this thread, but excerpt it in the following quote:

Discuss...

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It's fiction.

22. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Five years in the making, an improved T-wing OPT, based on JC's original model with additional modeling and textures by Berruga, is now available for download from Darksaber's X-Wing Station. Assuming it passes muster, it could also be available soon from the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project.

23. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Blue Squadron is proud to announce that a new XWA skirmish mission, designed by Paul "Rogue" Sweet and titled "Attack on Imperial Facility", is now available for download from the Flight Deck of the CRS Morning Star site. While this mission is meant for single-player play, it can easily be modified for co-op multiplayer (there are no Imperial fighters in this one) play. Note: This mission will require Darksaber's Ultimate Craft Pack (link to Darksaber's site provided in Flight Deck description).

Feedback, as always, is welcome. :D

24. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I am pleased to report that, after 2 years of hard work and interruptions, General Trageton has released the Battle of Coruscant shipset for XWA. Now, you can fly your Actis Interceptor through the chaos of high Coruscant orbit in a bid to rescue Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.

Download the shipset from Vince T's X-Wing HQ. General Trageton would like to thank Darksaber for programming the installer, which looks dynamite. :D

25. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The Valiant-class Republic Cruiser, I believe, was an OPT included in the recent release of the Battle of Coruscant shipset, but it is now also available as an individual OPT from Vince T's X-Wing HQ. There is a thread with screencaps and release notes on the XWA Upgrade Project forums, but I must alert everyone that you must now be a registered user to view the forums (not to fret...there is a link to the registration form on the login page).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.