main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC.N GL - Official X-Wing Alliance Wing!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Hannibal, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Hello

I thought that there would of been an update here for the new Aethersprite Delta 7B Starfighter opt on the MTD Industries website...

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah, been meaning to post that, but haven't gotten around to it. [face_plain]

3. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Let's not delay it any further...DTM's Delta 7B Aethersprite (Jedi starfighter), with the pic below showing renders of the four flight group options:

[image=http://www.mtdindustries.com/xwa/progress/Delta7/Delta7_Mk2.jpg]

Discussion of the OPT is ongoing on the XWA Upgrade forums. Note: The revised OPT recently posted also has the hyper-ring...if you use this ship in a mission, be sure to make docking with the hyper-ring a condition of a nav buoy's appearance.

Download the OPT @ MTD Industries.

4. Timstuff

Timstuff Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    When is Lucas Arts going to make a new X-Wing game? :(

I read that Totally Games (who made the original 4 X-Wing titles) is still interested in doing one, and that the project leader from those games still works there (along with several other important people). I hope that if Tom Clancy's HAWX proves to be a success, it generates some new interest in combat sims. I just bought a pretty rockin' new joystick, but it makes me sad that none of my favorite space combat franchises like X-Wing and Wing Commander are around anymore. Dangit Lucas Arts, make it happen already! I want to continue my rebel pilot training in the most realistic way possible.

5. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    BooTx on the Widescreen Gaming Forum has posted a widescreen hack for XWA. It requires a hex editor and only works for the game patched to version 2.02. BooTx has given the codes necessary for the most common widescreen resolutions in the post.

6. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The hits just keep on coming, boys! :D

A user on the XWA Upgrade forums, "Reimar," has posted a fix for graphic problems in XWA running on both the ATI HD series and current-generation nVidia GPUs. The procedure is detailed in this thread.

7. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Was the vanishing targeting box issue on Nvidia 8 series GPUs ever fixed?

8. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Yes...see my previous post. Reimar's fix addressed that issue (among other later ones).

9. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Whoops I thought that just fixed the weird concourse issues. Thanks for pointing that out.

10. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Darksaber's X-Wing Station, that venerable mainstay site of the X-Wing modding community, was recently forced to relocate (at least for now) because of problems on the host's end (the domain expired). Please set new coordinates (bookmarks) to the following:

http://www.darksaber.pnma.co.uk/

TY for your attention. :)

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Hi Wildstar,

I just bought a new vista laptop (ati radeon hd3470 card) and got XWA installed and running well. Darksaber's shipset caused it to crash though, so I rolled it back to the regular ships. All good there. Used Markus Egger's new installer.

So thought I'd give TIE95 a go too, using Marcus Eggers MSI launcher plus the 3d fix. All fine in the concourse etc, but as soon as I start TOD1, mission 1, the game will play for 2-10 seconds (looking lovely for those seconds and I approach the platform) and then I get a black scren and a 'display driver stopped working & has recovered' box mentioning the driver atikmdag. - same message I got with XWA and the enhanced opts, incidentally.

I've looked for general fixes for the problem for people getting it on other games (removing a windows update, disabling Aero desktop), and browsed the LEC and XWAUpgrade.com forums, but haven't stumbled on a fix yet. And idea why it may be crashing after a few seconds in 3D Hardware mode?

As you're the expert, have you heard of this issue with TIE95 before?

JP

12. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Replied to PM...I suggested a driver update, for the record.

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Looks like I have the most recent drivers - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 -> driver version 8.4

14. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    DTM has released the fully-armored Y-wing (as depicted in the "Clone Wars" animated series). Below is a shot of the "Red" flight group (it looks like Gold, but DTM flip-flopped the Red and Gold textures to make the Gold {Shadow Squadron} ones the default):

[image=http://www.mtdindustries.com/xwa/progress/Y-Wing/Y-Wing_WIP4.jpg]

Download this one at MTD Industries. Discuss the OPT on the XWA Upgrade Project forums.

15. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Ezri on the Totally Games forum noted in his latest post that GameRanger now supports XvT and BoP. I checked their list of supported games, and XWA is there, too, so here's a new place for you multiplayer jocks to play. :D

16. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    A new "Battle of Yavin" shipset has recently been released by Dave "Red Leader", which contains (for perhaps the first time) Master Qui Gon's Death Star surface OPT, Hernán Barreiro's full Death Star OPT (his first one, not the one he was working on when he "disappeared"), and various XWA Upgrade craft. Follow this link for the download.

17. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    DTM has successfully included a textured sky with a skydome OPT (based on Dodonna's work), thus eliminating the need to modify backdrops for planetary surfaces. His testbeds were Geonosis (for his own Clone Wars shipset) and Bricera (from General Trageton's "Blue Phantom" campaign), but DTM plans to make other locations (Tatooine, Hoth, Mustafar, etc.) available in time. The Geonosis OPT can be d/l'ed from the "Planets" section of MTD Industries, and the OPT comes with a basic free-flight mission which can be used with AlliED to build every combat situation.

Screenshots of the testbed OPTs can be found on the XWA Upgrade forums.

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    "waylon", the user responsible for much of the TIE Fighter Total Conversion for XWA, has recently released a version 3.1 of an X-Wing Conversion for XWA, which includes all of the missions (with voiced briefings) available in the X-Wing Collector's CD-ROM except for 3 missions in ToD 3, which have been replaced by 3 of "Red_Leader's" Battle of Yavin missions. The conversion downloads are linked in this thread (look for the links referencing sendspace.com). Note: As some of the missions in ToDs 4 and 5 offered a choice between 2 missions, the missions deemed harder were included in the conversion.

19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Wonderful, thank you.

20. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just when you thought you've seen the last TIE variant released...

A new modeler, known as "FunkyFreshMan" on the XWA Upgrade boards, has posted his first work, a (you guessed it) TIE variant that was (eventually) named the TIE Archer. Check this thread for screenshots of the craft at various stages of its creation (the finished product appears near the end), and you can download this bad boy at Vince T's X-Wing HQ (linked page also has a backstory, which is also in the OPT's "read-me").

21. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    DTM has released a version 2 of the Trade Federation Droid Control Ship/Battleship, which is a re-texture of Rebel's original model by General Trageton. The thread announcing the release (on the XWA Upgrade forums) has an animated GIF showing the new version from just about every angle. The new OPT can be downloaded from MTD Industries.

22. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    I've downloaded a bunch of the mods and played them. I've loaded ships and textures...but not loaded any mission packs, and i'm not quite sure how to to do that.

but that's neither here nor there...

does anyone know if there are any plans for any new X-wing games?

23. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    There are no plans that we know of. This does not stop me from clamoring for TIE Fighter: Empire.

24. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    DTM has released a number of new (?) planetary environments in recent days, so I'm going to get to all of them now...

First, the Yavin IV and Mustafar environments have been given re-textures, and you can find screenshots of both environments here.

DTM has also released a planetary environment for Bespin, which can be used for just about any high-altitude atmospheric mission. The environment comes with an OPT of Cloud City (the way he chose to do this OPT is pretty clever...you can read how he did it, along with screenshots from Bespin, here).

As always, you may download the new environments from MTD Industries.

25. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Ok guys, I need your help.

I've tried this many times but have just failed. And Im not upto date with the current mods out and things.

My PC, is Windows 7 64-bit, Nvidia8600GT. I think thats all the info you need.

But anyway, I wish to play through X-Wing Alliance again. But I havent managed to get it to work, and I dont know what mods there are out there for update graphics.

Could someone give me a step by step go through of what I need to do, to install, update, mod and play the game. Links to sites for mod downloads would be good.

Thanks very much in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.