main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC.N GL - Official X-Wing Alliance Wing!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Hannibal, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I can probably help you get it running. For starters, you'll need to get it installed, and for that, you'll need the alternative MSI installer package @ http://www.markusegger.at

You'll then need the "XWA Hacker," which can be found somewhere in this thread, to fix the major graphics issues. You may also want to pick up the "all-resolutions" font fix found @ LucasFiles. Finally, you'll probably have to kill the desktop temporarily through Task Manager to fix a color problem caused by the old game not being able to make the new Win7 API call to hide the Taskbar.

The two primary mod sites that I know about are Darksaber's site (for the "Ultimate Craft Pack") and the XWA Upgrade Project (the forums for which I linked to above). As far as the UCP goes, however, you may not want to install Matt's Super Star Destroyer (the 17 km one), b/c Ol's mission fixes for that may have been lost (though you may want to ask that on the XWA Upgrade forums). The "Community Links" list on X-Wing: Legacy may lead you to other sites, but be careful...that list may have some dead links since it hasn't been updated in a while.

2. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    OK, found the mission fixes at http://xvtedicion.game-host.org in Downloads>OPT Packs>X-Wing Alliance with the UCP itself.

3. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Hey this is the thread to ask...I'm playing through TIE Fighter now, but I've run into a bug where Star Destroyers don't ever fire back on enemies...is there a fix for this?

4. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Sesfan, I'm not sure about that particular problem, as I've never played TIE (spent plenty of time in DOS X-Wing, though). Someone on the XWA Upgrade forums might know, however.

5. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Thanks wildstar, I am in the middle of installing it all now. I shall let you know how it goes.

6. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    DTM has added a couple of planetary environment OPTs...

Naboo is a second release, with new textures, a new town, and a new sky...and playable at maximum resolution.

Hoth is a simple environment, but released in conjunction with the OPT are the re-done AT-AT and T-47 Airspeeder in the "Battle of Hoth" shipset from ATX.

Screenshots of the environments can be found in the release thread on the XWA Upgrade forums. The environments are available for download at MTD Industries.

7. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    DTM has done some awesome on with those opts! I can't wait to try them out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.