main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC.NGL Jedi Outcast Clan

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Insane Anakin, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    Who's in? We'll do fun clan type stuff, and play JO. I'll make the website.

2. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    [Leia]Count me in[/Leia]

I can do stuff, if i can fit it in my schedule ;)

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I got an idea! Let's just play JO for the heck of it! Then we can avoid stupid things like "We kick out of the clan" and "you violated the clan rules" and stuff. Why don't we just play for fun?

4. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    Sithman, Rule #1 was no Sithman.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    If my dialup-from-the-end-of-the-earth connection allows me to play MP, I'd love to be in my first gaming clan.

AND I'd like to play "just for fun" sometimes too.

6. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I REALLY think that this clan will cause just as many problems as did the original JCNGL clan...

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    As far as I know there were no problems in the ORIGINAL JCN.GL clan...

8. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    Um, I never had any problems with the JCN.GL. Firstly, it wasn't an exclusive clan. It's a gaming league!
    And anyways, i was already part of (the now defunct) FBJK at the time.

I registered in the JC for the sole purpose of playing JK with the peeps here. ANd we had lots of fun. I never had any conflicts or problems when we were all in our JK gaming peak. No problems whatsoever. No drama, just gaming buddies who play for hours on end, having tons of fun

A lot of our games weren't scheduled, but spontaneous, hey everyone's on ICQ (or get everyone on ICQ) and we'll play an impromptu game. It'd last for hours. I rememeber staying with the guys in several maps, no killing, but just goofing around. Like flying (the grapple chain), skiing and just taking screenies and doing insane dives just for the heck of it.

People frag for fun. No serious competition, and we didnt take scores EVERY time we played. No one complained if someone was in teh lead all the time *cough*Krayt*cough* ;) and no chronic lag whiners (so rampant in games like CS. Lag kill! Lag. lag. ) and I'm amazed at how Dum was so patient and nice in all our gaming. (I'm in the same boat now hehe, cept you've got better ping this time)

We had so many fun screenies, all of it to show MOMENTS, not scores. THe chats were hilarious, the camaderie was warm.

Maybe wehn PB sets up this TFN-sponsored (or else we can do it ourselves) server for JO, we'll have lots of regulars and people play for fun and the experience. Sure we'd get drama once in a while *cough*yourmoms*cough*, which is inevitable in a growing community, but hopefully, all of us would be beyond petty stuff like that.

Arghr. long post. My apologies

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I agree with you and all Sky, setting up impromtu games rock, I've had hours and hours of fun myself... But that word 'Clan' darn scares me.

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    You may refer to it as a "clam" then, Sithy.

11. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    Let's just say
    clan = league, collective term for us

Welcome to all gamers, and just a collective term for us (from Games - and friends who'd want to join) who wants to play with a semblance of order. Order being a loose term ;) Just meant for scheduling

And I'd hope it's unlike other clans which has a political system integrated in it (TEH SUCK) eg. clan leader, blah blah

politics + games = doesn't mix

12. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Firstly, I'm leaving soon and so:

NO OUTCAST FOR SFL. :( :_|

Secondly, I have never been in any "clan". I'm not sure how manytimes I tried to explain this to conne.

I play JK with friends for a good time. I accepted there was once a "JC.N GL" but as far as I was concerned it was a bit before my time and so I was never in it. I know SEA made a web site while I was 'actively' playing JK and it was called JC.N GL and I comtributed to it, but that was not in my hands (the naming).

anyhow... If I was here, and if I had outcast, I would continue to play with friends, and play it with n00bs and have a great time, as per usual.

Although I'll be off soon, I may get to a PC that has net access (not sure what the set up will be at uni) and I hope to come here and I only hope this place will be continuing as it is now... nicely. :p

GODDDAMNIT - WHY MUST I LEAVE NOW, WITH OUTCAST/GALAXIES/KOTOR

Bah!!!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

13. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Me and IA will do recruiting then.. if you do not pass our test you do not get to be in the clan.

Simple

//angel smiley

14. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    i bet the test is :

spell "the"

15. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    No, you must be liked by at least 3 people.

:)

16. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    SFL - you going to Uni?
    maybe you can check to see if you can leech, uh, use their connection ... surely their website must say

17. DUM4

DUM4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2000
    I'm just hoping my comp. will run it. Either that or I'll have to scrounge up enough $ for a new case/ MoBo/ Processor combo. I already have almost everything else i'd need besides a new HD.

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    yup Jade - uni.

Not sure what their "policy" on the internet is there. I'm not taking this PC (as its my 'parents') I guess I'll either have to find a G/F that has a PC (and just go to her place and play OUTCAST with you guys (im sure she'll love that ;) :p or find someone staying in the Halls of residence with net connection to befriend, and borrow his PC.

:p :D

19. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    I just got a $400 2U server case with redundant, hot-swappable power supplies. It's so rad. Black all over, black bezeled CD-ROM and Floppy drives. Just needs some stuff in it, and a big fat pipe to the net. It'd be the greatest JO server, ever.

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    "It'd be the greatest JO server, ever"

COOL!

21. anakin_pm

anakin_pm Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    Whilst on the subject of OC-
    AOTC+OC+Q3 Engine= AOTCTC
    Work it out- and remember what I do!! :p

22. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    If I can afford to get the upgrades needed for it to run and JO, sure, I'd like to be in.

23. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    remeber quake 3 engine so can do cool colours in names

:D

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    is that what ani was on about!?

[face_plain]

25. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Attack of the Clone Total Conversion for Jedi Outcast.

I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.