main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC Top 100 TV shows

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Mar17swgirl, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    (repost from JCC)

O hai guyz,

well, it's been over three years since the last JC Top 100 TV Shows poll (hosted by the wonderful harpuah), and I thought it was time to do it again. The mods gave their gracious consent, so here we are! :D

The drill is the same as ever - put together a list of your 10 (ten, not two) favourite TV shows and PM them to me (clearly marked that it's the Top 100 TV shows nominations). You're free to post and discuss your nomination in this thread, but ONLY THE NOMINATIONS SENT VIA PM WILL BE COUNTED!!!

Just a couple of rules:

1. Your list must be numbered (otherwise it won't be counted)
    2. You can nominate less than 10 TV Shows if you wish, but your list still must be numbered
    3. Any comments or clips from the show are welcome
    4. The deadline for sending in the nominations is 2nd January 2011 at 13:00 boards time (that's 1:00 PM for you silly 12-hour clock people)

Regarding vote counting:

I'll be using the same points system I did for the JC Top 50 Animated Films list. When a user nominates a TV show, it gets points according to its placement on the user's list (the show on the 1st place gets 10 points, the show on the 10th place gets 1 point). The total points are calculated by the following formula:

T = n * p

T - total points a TV show receives
    n - number of users voting for a TV show
    p - sum of points awarded to a TV show according to its placement on the individual users' lists

This way, the final point count reflect both the number of users voting for a show and how high it was placed on their lists.

In case two TV shows have the same total point count, the one with more people voting for it is placed higher.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :) Let the voting begin! :D

Also, in case of US/UK remakes (e.g. Life On Mars, The Office...), please remember to note whether you're nominating the US or UK version.

2. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh, and another thing - this is not just for sci-fi and fantasy shows, feel free to nominate any TV show you like! :)

3. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Only 6 hours left to send in your nominations!!! Vote, people!!!

4. kristy

kristy Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2010
    I would like to nominate Smallville, Doctor who and supernatural

5. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Voting has ended, the posting of the list has begun! :) Feel free to discuss it here

6. alanmoore

alanmoore Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2011
    Me also but i will include Pretty Little Liars in these also!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.