main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC and Spamming...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by rhonderoo, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Honestly I don't think that the vast majority of JCC posters make 3 threads a day. I don't really see you point about sticking to established threads already though. If there isn't a thread created for topic someone want to talk/rant/whatever about it should be made. There is no science to making threads. I honestly don't see the issue in the JCC. There are occasional bouts of spam but they are stopped and then things get back to 'normal.' The JCC is definitly not the spammiest board on TF.n, but the way topics change and get brought up it is one of the most fun.

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Wait . . . since when are ASCII nipples ok? :eek: Or is it just that you'll only get an edit for them and not a ban . . . unless of course you were on your 300,000 warning before ban or something.

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Okay, let me be the first to ask...

what the frack are ASCII nipples? :p

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, up until lately, we haven't had a large outbreak of them... which is why harpoo doesn't know what they are. And they're not real identifiable most of the time, so it's never been a thing on the profanity list or something we've had to go around editing. But you know JCCers, they're gonna find that line. o_O If there's a grey area that's being abused, it's more than likely going to end up more black and white. It's not something that's really family friendly, anyway, is it? ;)

5. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Would I be considered a pretty consistent YJCC? You tell me. Quality poster? Ditto.

Let's assume the position for a moment that I am a regular YJCCer. By this Cinnamon fellows hypthosis I must be making at least one thread a day. I barely make one thread a month if that. I think this too many thread idea is a bit silly.

6. fezzador

fezzador Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2004
    yjcc is basically the designated spam/fluff forum

after all with several forums to discuss serious topics (politics, religion, arts, sports, and now there's a possibility of opening a new forum for scholastic discussion) yjcc has quickly lost its value as the main "non-sw" forum

7. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I kinda hope you mean your moderating style, and not that the JCC don't know you, otherwise why were you promoted?

No, it really, really isn't, but at attitude like that is the central issue here. The YJCC truely is the community forum where the people of the JC can meet for social interaction. This takes the form of general chitchat in the social threads, fun games in the games threads, discussion of breaking new items in day-to-day threads, exchange of ideas in favourites threads and more laid-back discussion of a whole host of topics which also exist in other forums.

8. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Not in comparison to the Welcome New Users board. That is 70+% spam.

9. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    which begs the question, how do we know they aren't ascii measles?

10. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I'd also like to make a request for a single thread where everyone can announce their dead or near dead friends and relatives. :)

11. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    that's cold

12. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    *cue ascii nipples*

13. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    if anything we should have a "What random celebrity died today" thread [face_talk_hand]

14. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Attention whoring is as bad as spamming.

15. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    That's not what community is about, Vin. If you don't like those threads, just don't post in them, it's simple. ;)

16. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    I thought my analization was quite clever. :p
    I still think he's full of it.
    And if he's not, reaching for sympathy posts while awaiting with a smiley emoticon makes me sick.

Just my 2 cents.

Mmmm, I feel like pizza.

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
  18. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    If those cretins aren't banned I'll have lost all faith in the moderators of this messageboard, and humanity in general.

19. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    all those parody threads, and now my grandma is sick. way to go guys.

20. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    You're one to talk, Mr. "in before the..." and "so slg is 3 for 4." Oh, good quality threads, eh! Are you having a laugh? Is he having a laugh?

This guy. Pfft.

21. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    whatever spam delight. SPAM DELIGHT! HA!

22. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    Deltron Zero I think I speak for everybody on the JCC when I say that you are the number one opponent to the JCC being a good forum. You are the number one nemesis of order, the number one threat to stability, and the captain of spam. If spam were terrorism, ten years from now you'll be living comfortably in Pakistan.

23. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    that couldn't be further from the truth. i am spam's number one opponent. i fought with vertical in the spam wars, and lost three fingers in "the great spam fiasco of 2004".

24. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I'll have you know that spam is a delicacy in Hawaii. They even sell it at McDonald's.

25. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    It's true, his right hand is stuck in a perpetual obscene gesture. He also does a mean squirtgun when he utilizes the thumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.