main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC JCC Awards 2018 Ceremony - finished lol

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Mar 5, 2018.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So you’re saying Tommen raped her?

That is not what I observed.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I am just pointing out facts that transpired on the show.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    You mean the facts like she willingly seduced a teen, and in a modern context she'd be prosecuted for it? Or the facts she offered up and incestuous three way with her own brother?

4. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I don't recall her seducing anyone. She talked about the power of friendship.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The power of friendship wasn't going to help her. She wanted to make babies with the baby.

Point Given likes this.
  6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Rewatch this pls.

7. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I see a young man very focused on sexual intercourse and pressuring her for more of the same.

Meanwhile, a poised young lady is redirecting towards mutual disclosure of thoughts and aspirations as a sound basis for relationship building. In an era of arranged marriages, this was remarkably forward thinking, and displays her innate kindness and emotional intelligence. It also shows her continuing work to mold him into a good person, stressing intrinsic fulfillment over taking pleasure in servants. Remarkable and selfless, overall. Especially when you concede that young female nobles had no choice about whether to climb into the marriage bed.

8. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Wait, isn't her whole deal that she wants to be Queen? Where are you getting any of this?

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    wocky pls are you smoking?

Obsess over Rey. She is actually highly honourable, and evidenced it by floor sleeping and promoting the bonds of family.

10. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    If she wanted to be Queen, why would she tell Tommen the title sounds strange to her?

Ender, when Margaery had to deal with a sociopath she curbed his worst impulses. When Rey had to deal with one she empowered his, and put him in position to hurt vastly more people.

11. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    ...because telling the person you're manipulating that you're manipulating them tends to go poorly?

12. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    By that logic, how do you know she wasn’t manipulating people in the earlier scene by giving them the admiral, power hungry response they were expecting so as to conceal her true altruistic motives?

13. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    ...Because i'm not blind?

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I suppose you think she genuinely loved the poor, instead of wanting to carry influence over the Lannisters.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Typical victim blaming for you. Which is fairly disgusting. I bet you feel sorry for these 45 year old perverts who get pressured for sex by their 15 year old students. You truly have no honour.

16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    15 year old female and 45 year old male
    http://6abc.com/timeline-of-allentown-teens-journey-to-mexico-and-back/3233381/

I see an older gentleman very focused on sexual intercourse and pressuring her for more of the same.

Meanwhile, a poised young lady is redirecting towards mutual disclosure of thoughts and aspirations as a sound basis for relationship building. In an era where a large age difference is frowned upon, this was remarkably forward thinking of her, and it displays her innate kindness and emotional intelligence. It also shows her continuing work to mold him into a good person, stressing intrinsic fulfillment. Remarkable and selfless, overall.

17. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Situations can have more than one victim. Part of the awfulness of the feudal system is that it exploited so many people in pursuit of power. Tommen is a victim, exposed to something he was clearly unprepared for. Margaery is also, a victim, female in a society that gives them minimal to no personal or political rights, especially where issues of (potential) reproduction are concerned. Literally neither of them can refuse what they’ve been forced into.

Of course I do.

You are just bringing your prejudices and preconceived biases to the situation instead of interpreting what happens onscreen.

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    This thread.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I can guarantee that no matter what the situation I would refuse to rape a child. Perhaps I have different standards than you.

20. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Doggy you are applying your cultural morality to *checks notes* a contemporary premium cable show which is only accurately representing the cultural norms of a fictional setting. That’s a logical fallacy.

21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

22. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm sure if the Oscars had gone on for weeks, it would have also turned into an argument about Game of Thrones.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'm actually fine with that when it comes to what I and do not consider child molestation.

25. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Wocky victim blaming rape victim isn't that surprising, actually.

Point Given , Ender Sai and Diggy like this.