main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[JCC] Can we please cut the crap out of Community?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by GriffZ, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Where does it stop?

It won't...Especially if you say, "hey, please don't spam or flame."

2. Talonah

Talonah Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 29, 2004
    It won't...Especially if you say, "hey, please don't spam or flame."

Well, what else are you supposed to do? PMing the mods won't result in the spams being removed or deleted. PMing the users who spam and flame won't resolve anything either, I'm sure.

3. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I wasn't one of the mods contacted about this problem, but TBF seems to have edited out the flame in the thread, thus he handled the problem. We cannot just delete posts because you don't like their context or feel they are useless, only in extreme cases are posts removed. If a thread is being spammed or driven off-topic by flames, please contact me. The problem was taken care of however even though you seem to be implying otherwise.

4. Talonah

Talonah Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 29, 2004
    Yes, the problem was solved, and I am thankful for that. I do apologize if I sounded too angry or impatient.

5. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    No offense was taken. ;)

6. Darth_Snowball

Darth_Snowball Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 21, 2004
    Now the problem is we have mods starting "poop" threads in YJCC.

7. Mortimer_Snerd

Mar 14, 2004
    Which poop thread was started by a mod? I haven't been able to find one. Also, if there IS one....so?

8. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    times like this, two survivor threads seem ok huh? All the mods are saying one poop thread a week is ok... Yet they campaigned so hard against two surivor threads that would have actual intelligent discussion.

Ya this mod team is really helping the discussion level in the JCC

9. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    Yet they campaigned so hard against two surivor threads that would have actual intelligent discussion.

Actually we really didn't campaign "hard" for that decision as you say. We held a vote on the issue in the MS and a decision was made, then certain users decided to make a big issue out of it in Comms. You have your NS Survivor thread in The Amphitheatre so I don't see what your point is in rehashing the issue.

10. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Not really rehashing the issue, just comparing it. Creating a new thread for poop once a week is ok, when multiple threads have existed before hand. But creating two threads that would both help the community solve a problem (spoiler, non spoiler) and spark some intellegent conversation was voted against?

Yes we have our thread in the ampitheater, which i think is a better place for it, but you really have to wonder when comparing these two issues what the mod's are doing.

11. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    We felt that going the HTR direction would lead to alot less unncessary threads where the same basic topics were being discussed. It was an experiment and it will be reevaluated in a few months, at that point it's effect on discussion will be taken into consideration.

12. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Dashy you seem to miss my point. I don't care about that decision anymore, what i am concerned about is the decision making process that seems to be going on.

Yourself and Katya have said here that one or two poop threads every now and then are ok. Basically saying if a new one is created every week or so then it is fine and it would not be locked. But a thread with a purpose, that helps solve tension, such as a spoiler vs. non spoiler thread is not ok.

You've also said in this thread that you don't think poop threads help contribute to making the JCC better.

Basically i want to know, how are these different. Both are multiple threads of sorts, but the one that is disallowed seems to be the thread that has a purpose.

13. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    I understand where you're coming from for the most part, but purpose and the worth of a thread is subjective since it means different things to different users. I don't necessarily enjoy discussing fecal matter, but I am allowing the users of JCC who do to have a thread if that makes them happy. We don't make decisions on what is more worthwhile, but what we feel is better for the forum as a whole and sometimes that can be hit and miss. I hope the cleared the confusion up.

14. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    What difference does it make, anyway ? The JCC went down the ****er long ago.

15. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Oh, please. That's totally subjective. The JCC is as fun and as successful as it always has. Relax and think positive.

16. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Poop.

*giggles*

17. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Hey, bud. That doesn't help. Thanks.

18. Mortimer_Snerd

Mar 14, 2004
    The JCC went down the ****er long ago.

I believe you're missing a * there. The word you've starred out contains a double consonant. Respect poop and all poop derivatives. Also, I believe that questioning and criticizing the JCC is unpatriotic, you hippie terrorist.

19. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    "Hippie terrorist" ? Is that the best you can do ?

Well, I guess Im expecting too much from the founder of the much respected Fecal Force.

20. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    This doesn't help the cause of those who want poop type threads to remain in the JCC. Keep posting like that in Comms and it's harder on this side to defend it. Right now, we're all basically with you, okay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.