[JCC] I Don't Understand Why This Thread Has Not Been Locked

Discussion in 'Communications' started by saerah, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    It's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. And it's quite funny too!
  2. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ignant isn't worth your attention. He gets off on you responding to him. We've talked about this before. Be above it all and ignore them.
  3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    He made it personal.

Because the internet is so hard with all its nicknames.
  4. Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master

star 6

my aunt's ex-husband's bartender use to say "if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen"... i think that logic can apply here, as well, saerah..

you don't have to take everything that Darth_Ignant says, or anyone else for that matter, as seriously as you have. you have the option of ignoring him. i understand that you've taken that step, and good for you - but, from what i could tell, in the thread in question you were contributing to the "negativity" as much as anyone. every time you'd post in it, it would go back to the top of the forum..

Darth_Ignant stated an opinion. it didn't have to mean anything to anyone but him.. getting upset about his opinion is futile. people are as elitist as they want to be - welcome to our world.

besides - what would Buddha do?
  5. BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    Hey, I have an idea: If you don't like the thread, and it's obvious the mods aren't going to lock it, stop responding to it! They'll stop "baiting" you if they stop getting a response out of you. From my own perusal of the thread there looks to be an awful lot of baiting on your part, but that's just my uninformed and impotent opinion.

As it is, it seems like no one can find anything fundamentally wrong with the thread except for you. Why not just ignore it and let it die?

You seem to want it both ways.
  6. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    Hmm, have I been in the thread today, dears? And BobtheGoon, I'm not the only one. Just the only one once again who is foolish enough to speak up. I'm tired of all the PMs I get for egging Ignant on..people actually enjoy this. Not going to do it anymore.

It's turning into a saerah vs. Ignant thing in that thread.

And Kerr_plunk, these are times when I seriously question my own spirituality. Buddha was much more, in fact terribly more, enlightened than I shall ever be.

And gee, the thread sure is dying. I cannot believe the stance the moderation has taken. The thread is not going to die anytime soon. I wish you all had the clairvoyance to see this.
  7. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    From what the JCC mods are saying, the thread itself isn't out of control and can still easily be controlled at the post level.

But you haven't checked it for youself?

Since the problem apparently isn't being dealt with by the forums moderators to the satisfaction of a member isn't it the responsibility of other moderators, admins, to provide back up so to speak? Everyone has a bad day or an error in judgement, mods do get things wrong just as users do, users have mods to correct them when they are wrong, mods have admins to correct them.

If you wish to be banned, then we would be more than happy to oblige you. There are many times that users have requested to be voluntarily banned, and I am yet to find out about a case where such requests were not honored. Under such a ban, you would also be unbanned upon request.

Do you think she didn't know that? Do you think she was asking to be banned as a vacation? She was saying, I think, that she wasn't innocent in her comments but neither were others and she wasn't above being banned even if she was more of a victim of insults then others, so if she should be banned so should the ones who offended her.
    Why didn't you address the problems of the thread itself? Did you read it?

Edit after lock
    Several moderators, including almost all of the JCC mods, have looked at that thread and agreed that it should continue to be moderated at the post level.

You see, you misunderstand what the job of the admins is. It is not our job to tell forum mods how to run their forums or what threads to lock. We are here to provide support to them and should only step in in a case where there is a clear violation of the TOS that is not being resolved.

Almost all? of the JC mods? Not ALL? Shouldn't they ALL be in agreement

But how can they tell if there is a clear violation of the TOS if they haven't read the thread?!

8. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    Thank you, Mitt.

I am separating this issue from Ignant because now I am getting personally attacked in the thread. Yes, I have a link in my profile about how I unfortunately broke my digital camera at a previous employer. That employer refused to to make reparations even though the camera was used for their work. I am taking it out of my profile as I will not have it used against me. I will not be called a 'beggar.'

I'm heading out of here before I go too far. It's enough--and I've had enough. I will not be villianized by teenage boys on a SW forum. This is where I draw the line.

Ciao.
  9. zacparis VIP

star 7
    And gee, the thread sure is dying. I cannot believe the stance the moderation has taken. The thread is not going to die anytime soon. I wish you all had the clairvoyance to see this.

That isn't the issue saerah. They're not even talking about you, so what's the problem? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should be locked. There's no flaming or nastiness going on, they're all going about their own business, which is what would have happened from day one if you had let it go when it started to upset you.

But we didn't ignore your comments or complaints, the issue was discussed in the MS, and the issue was dealth with.

I've tried my best to make you and other users try and see our position on this by PM, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears, there's not much more I can do.
  10. Kimball_Kinnison Chosen One

star 6
    But you haven't checked it for youself?

Since the problem apparently isn't being dealt with by the forums moderators to the satisfaction of a member isn't it the responsibility of other moderators, admins, to provide back up so to speak? Everyone has a bad day or an error in judgement, mods do get things wrong just as users do, users have mods to correct them when they are wrong, mods have admins to correct them.

Several moderators, including almost all of the JCC mods, have looked at that thread and agreed that it should continue to be moderated at the post level.

You see, you misunderstand what the job of the admins is. It is not our job to tell forum mods how to run their forums or what threads to lock. We are here to provide support to them and should only step in in a case where there is a clear violation of the TOS that is not being resolved.

This is not such a case. While there have been a few violations of the TOS in that thread, the thread itself can continue with only moderation on the post level. There is no need to lock the thread.

If you have a problem with the thread's existence, I recommend that you ignore it. There is no need to go into it or post in it. No one forces you to do so.

With that said, the decision has been made. As Sape said, the JCC mods don't have a problem with it, and Sape doesn't appear to have a problem with their position. As the issue is decided, I am now locking this thread.

Kimball Kinnison
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.