1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

[JCC] Inappropriately locked thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Jeff 42, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hey, should I try to make a Darth Kimbal icon ?
  2. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Actually, you can't even say *, let alone ****.
  3. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    I was hoping for one Admin to poke in during the two hours, but "oh well."

So, yeah, cut it out. I'm going to go back and edit the dirty words (if it hasn't already been taken care of).

Basically:
    - No more off-topic posts.
    - No more cursing.
    - If you would like to continue debating the history of the locked thread in question, go right on ahead.

//tips hat
  4. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    What about threads? I think that Chy's thread and the Kimball thread should also be unlocked.

Have the admins figured out how to move threads yet?
  5. Cheri Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone find it amusing that Jazz dropped the F bomb a few times on the previous page, and no one has edited it, yet mods have edited on this page?
  6. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I step away from the computer for three hours to get some comics and groceries and look what happens. Can we please cut out the swearing? There?s no need for it at all, and you know it?s just going to create trouble for you. If you?re going to say something that?s going to draw the ire of the Mod Squad, at least make sure that it?s something worth saying, like well researched reasons for why I?m incompetent.
  7. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    Come on, that doesn't require any researching.

;)

Vertical
  8. Vader Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    HA~!!!!

KK looks teh funny.

I hope he wont ban me for saying that :p

um...
  9. Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, I saw the KK thing too, but couldn't come up with a reply that wouldn't get me a 24 hour vacation.
  10. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Please re-open the Barry thread. Thank you.
  11. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, please don't lock classic threads. Classic threads should be posted to for as long as possible, no matter how long they have remained dormant.

And Mods, could you all please learn the histories of your forums? They didn't all start the day you got promoted. Other things happened in them before hand that were fun.

My god, how long before Obi-WannaCracker is deleted and re-registered, because its, just a dormant name, no one's using anymore?

EDIT: I'm continuing Jazz's hunger strike, until dinner time.
  12. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    I am with DDH here...the mod knowledge of the history if these forums is pretty pathetic. A lot of you people need to do some reading...and fast.

I thought it was a requirement for a while to have some knowledge of the classic history of the forums just to become a mod...? Maybe it should be...
  13. tonyf Moderator Emeritus

star 1
    hm...looks like my kind of thread here! what am I missing?!?!?!? Refugee ex-mods, do me proud!!!!
  14. ZombieRed7 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dude. The thread in question is STILL locked.

// jaws of life
  15. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Actually, I don't think that classic knowledge of the forum is necessary. I?m never going to make potential Literature candidates tell me who DL said a certain mayor might be, or ask them what the stats of The Genghis are. I think that while new moderators should respect classic threads, neither are they required to know much about them. I think that as long as they?re willing to moderate those threads (and other threads they have little or no interest in) on the post level and to be responsive and fair to the desires of the people who cherish those threads, then there shouldn?t be any great problems.
  16. Night4554 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Holy Crap it's tonyf!

¤Night
  17. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Wes_Jason's thread should have been locked really. I'm a n00b yet I clearly remember the "Am I hot or not" thread which was bascially the same deal. I upped it just after barry's thread was upped, yet it wasn't locked and seemed to be ignored.

What's the deal? Are we allowed to have multiple photo threads? Any why are we now locking older threads in favour of new ones?

18. tonyf Moderator Emeritus

star 1
  19. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Hot or Not is different than barry's thread because it's a "Game" with ratings. Wes' thread is R!
  20. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Every thread is different from barry's thread, because barry's thread is a JC classic. No-one uses it to actually posts hot or not photos, it's used to reminisc about how barry became a troll, and the glorious way in which Preacherboy & vertical busted him.

21. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah um could someone unlock the thread already? This really isn't rocket science people. A simple mistake I'm sure, but equally simple to rectify.
  22. zacparis VIP

star 7
    No-one uses it to actually posts hot or not photos, it's used to reminisc about how barry became a troll, and the glorious way in which Preacherboy & vertical busted him.

So why was this thread re-directed to barry's thread then?

OK so it's a few months old, but it's still inconsistent modding.
  23. Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I blame it on Philip Wise.
  24. The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Unlocked. Sorry for the delay.
  25. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It's really simple. We don't allow much of anything. Especially the 7 things that you cannot say on television.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.