[JCC] Moderating in JCC

Discussion in 'Communications' started by SLR, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    How is that good, btw? I remember when mods admitted their mistakes. I also think having experience mods would be a good thing.

I never said it was good or bad. I was simply pointing out how much things have changed between December of 2001 and May of 2004.

I remember when mods admitted their mistakes. I also think having experience mods would be a good thing. But I am just silly that way.

There are still some experienced moderators and some still admit their mistakes (when there are mistakes to admit, as opposed to simple disagreements).
  2. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    It is so plainly obvious to me now that the mods in the JCC don't give a $#!+ about the making the forum better and only care about sucking up to a handful of morons.

Totally disagree with you there, wk. I want the forum to be better, that's why I came back. I'm too old to worry about sucking up to anyone.
  3. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Sorry Katya for throwing you into that generalization. You were the only JCC mod who admitted to me that you believed the wrong decision was made, and I appreciate that. However, in my opinion, at least 2 members of the JCC mods don't care about making the JCC a better place and are only interested in keeping their own little kingdom safe. It's a sad day when some mods consider their colours more important than the forum they moderate.
  4. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Just because people dont see things your way, doesnt mean they dont care. Thats a pretty ridiculous attitude to hold.
  5. nashira Manager Emeritus

star 4
    /\ I agree.

People accuse me of not caring, not giving good reasons for my actions, etc. That's not true, I wouldn't be a mod if I didn't care (it's too much **** to put up with otherwise). Mostly it's because they don't like my answers or reasons and want a different answer.
  6. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    I wouldn't complain, nashira. Plenty of people would jump at the chance to deal with it. That said, it certainly does come with its share of problems.

More than agreement, I think people want to feel listened to and understood. In recent months, I think people have felt misunderstood or brushed off more than anything else.

Regular members are likely to accept disagreement from the administration more easily if they feel they were listened to and understood.

In reference to you in particular, have you considered that any criticisms (I'm using the word in its academic sense) may be valid, or is it just that people don't get it?
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.