main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[JCC Social threads/groups policy] A 6 month wait for a 1 month thread? This needs to end NOW

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthTunick , Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I understand what you're saying, Hawk, however, if a moderator sets it aside as their personal opinion and absolutely nothing more. I'm glad that you did so.

You're right, there are two different types of threads.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Would it be safe to say that social threads can easily turn into social groups, when the same people continually post there and it starts to get that same "cliquey" feel?

3. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    That all depends on if the mods classify the members who post in the thread as being in a social group.

4. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Jeff: with permanent threads, yes, that can happen. It's not so much of an issue when each thread only lasts a month, however.

5. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    In a place where a moderator's personal opinion is taken as an immediate change in policy, I'm sure you can understand that we'd prefer to all be on the same page and not contradicting each other before responding.

The thing is, there was no way of knowing as to whether or not you guys are discussing it or not. When an idea is posted and then pretty much ignored in a thread, there's no way to know if people aren't reading it, or if they're discussing it behind closed doors.

6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Alright my next question........When does a Social Thread for the month have to be locked and put away due to inactivity. Cause I've not seen the two Social threads at all the last few days and was curious. When does the next person the list get a shot. Cause it seems unfair to the rest of us to just let someone who's going to have no posts or anything keep a thread, when there are others who are on the list waiting for their turn who might actually have a good idea.

~PK~

7. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    I'd say it should be locked when its month is over, no sooner.

It seems unfair to that person to lock their thread early simply because they may not have dozens of existing e-friends to keep their thread active every hour of every day. The point of the social threads are to allow all members to be social in a specific thread, right, and not just the existing "social groups"?

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Thats true, I was just curious.

~PK~

9. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    You made a valid point, PK.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Wow... that almost made it sound like the powers that be actually have to think of the SK as a 'social group'...

Although, we would never ask them to admit as much.

In public.

11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Yes, but behind closed doors...meh, no one could promise anything. ;)

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [image=http://www.epigroove.com/images/tombstone.gif] My chances of ever getting rid of this policy.:mad:[face_plain]:(

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Don't short change yourself, Tunick.

Just look how successful you were at getting rid of Snowball.

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Hey Tunick why don't you try beating a dead horse? It might be more successful.

15. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Yet another pointless "I don't care" suggestion.

16. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I do care. But the issue has been discussed and Tunick's suggestions considered by the YJCC mods. They have decided to stick with the current policy. They even modified it a little because they felt two was reasonable. So they are even being flexible and open to change. What more is wanted? Well Tunick wants what he wants without any compromise. Sorry I don't see that happening. And posting RIP pictures in a dormant Comms thread won't really change anything. Thus beating a dead horse.

17. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    Actually, Hawk gave the impression that it is still being discussed by the mods.

18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    They may be.

19. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Strilo posted on 6/26/05 1:39pm
    I do care. But the issue has been discussed and Tunick's suggestions considered by the YJCC mods. They have decided to stick with the current policy. They even modified it a little because they felt two was reasonable. So they are even being flexible and open to change. What more is wanted? Well Tunick wants what he wants without any compromise. Sorry I don't see that happening. And posting RIP pictures in a dormant Comms thread won't really change anything. Thus beating a dead horse.[hr][/blockquote]

I'm starting to think bringing anything brought up in Comms is "beating a dead horse."

The mods of the JCC [i]did[/i] change the policy, but that didn't mean a thing in the respects of helping out the Knights. They we're asking to be instated as an official Social Group. There aren't many ways to compromise that.

20. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    "The mods of the JCC did change the policy, but that didn't mean a thing in the respects of helping out the Knights."

I was unaware that the mods had to help out the Knights with every decision that they made.

21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    SOME beating a dead horse is going on and on long after the discussion has wound down.

22. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    I never said that they we're obligated to. Assumptions, assumptions.

23. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    SOME beating a dead horse is going on and on long after the discussion has wound down.

...how has the discussion wound down if the mods are still discussing it?

24. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Nothing will ever change, sadly.:([face_plain]

25. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Because unless I'm missing something, we've decided to change the policy to allow two threads per month (as discussed at the beginning of the thread), and using this modified policy for the foreseeable future. I don't believe further changes are forthcoming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.