main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[JCC Social threads/groups policy] A 6 month wait for a 1 month thread? This needs to end NOW

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthTunick , Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Quixotic-Sith posted on 6/26/05 9:32pm
    Because unless I'm missing something, we've decided to change the policy to allow two threads per month (as discussed at the beginning of the thread), and using this modified policy for the foreseeable future. I don't believe further changes are forthcoming.
    [hr][/blockquote]

[color=red]The threads still last a month right? That is no solution.[/color]

2. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    So where are the current Social Threads? On page 4 or 5 for those of us not ample enough to look beyond that?

If those threads had "Sarcasm Knight" related titles then you could rest assured they would be oh so active!

I'm not saying anything but just pointing you to a bit of posting history. Look back, please, I beg you.

You cannot deny it no matter how hard you try. Social threads with an SK theme were the most successful. Granted some stepped over the line of the TOS. Dealt with it was as in any other matter.

You know don't you? You cannot face it. You deny it. Yet it is the truth. I am a member of this group that you hate so much, and I am proud to be a member of them. I laugh with them, I cry with them, I stand with them.

I do not wish for an SK thread in the YJCC because it will never happen.

I do say that this current "solution" has failed. Go ahead and deny it. Please.

And while you are at it name 6 ways that chickens are better than people.

Thank you and god bless.

Jack [face_devil]

3. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001

4. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
  5. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    You know don't you? You cannot face it. You deny it. Yet it is the truth. I am a member of this group that you hate so much, and I am proud to be a member of them. I laugh with them, I cry with them, I stand with them.

This thread is still about a message board, right?

Did I miss where someone is being ordered on a suicide mission deep into Nazi territory or something?

6. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Back on page 3, 44. Pay attention.

7. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Jack, what you seem to be denying to yourself is that social threads being allowed is not dependent upon number of posts or popularity.

8. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Where is the waiting list anyways?

9. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    You seek this thread.

10. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Back on page 3, 44. Pay attention.

I only read the even numbered pages in any given thread. It keeps things interesting.

11. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I don't believe further changes are forthcoming.

When I asked for feeback on my suggestion, Hawk's response was "In a place where a moderator's personal opinion is taken as an immediate change in policy, I'm sure you can understand that we'd prefer to all be on the same page and not contradicting each other before responding."

That gave the impression that it was being talked about. Was that an inaccurate interpretation on my part?

12. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    That was a week ago, we're all on the same page now. ;)

It was discussed, and it was decided that the changes we made were enough.

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    HawkNC posted on 6/28/05 12:01am
    That was a week ago, we're all on the same page now. [face_wink]

[hr][/blockquote]

[color=red]"From your point of view". Sigh.[/color] :(

14. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003

In the future, could y'all update the rest of us when you make those decisions?

15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Well now the social thread in the ROTS fourm has closed, which leads me to again to up the discussion on this topic.

16. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    You should stop.

17. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    Yes, stop. Stop now! Come back! I love you!

18. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
  19. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Get away from my man, Shelby. You might love him up so much that there won't be enough for me. [face_plain]

20. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm going to make a suggestion for you Tunick.

Let the thread die. The current mods have made their decision.

Watch the JC, see how it works, see how people deal with the new policy. Take note of the kinds of threads that are started as part of the policy, and just generally observe. If after 2-3 months (and, ideally, some moderator turnover) you think this is still an issue, start a new thread that has ZERO angst and ZERO demands and discusses your concerns in a calm, rational manner. State what you see are the limitations of the current policy, and give suggestions for change that aren't just "get rid of the policy and do what I say." Give different options and say what you think are the benefits of limitations of each.

Temper tantrums don't seem to work. Granted, calm rational discussions don't always work either, but they're more likely to than tantrums.

Also, I'd suggest that you request that this thread be locked (IIRC, the original author of a thread can request that) so that, in a few months when you bring this up, this thread isn't dragged back up. Because, really, I think this thread did more harm than good.

You know (or at least I think you know) I don't hate you or anything, just giving you suggestions for the future.

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Well at the end of the day, whether this thread gets locked or not, I'll still feel like ****, still will be angry when I see the SSA on the front page of the JCC & will even feel worse since the thread in the ROTS fourm is now closed. Sigh.

22. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I personally think you should join the SSA - they are always on the lookout for new members, and I'm sure they'd appreciate someone with your experience (being an 00er).

23. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    It's alright, man. Next time you want to bring this up again in Comms, I'm up for it.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    malkieD2 posted on 6/30/05 3:32pm
    I personally think you should join the SSA - they are always on the lookout for new members, and I'm sure they'd appreciate someone with your experience (being an 00er).
    [hr][/blockquote]

[color=red]Considering how I've mentioned to you via PM that I believe the SSA thread should be locked, I don't know how well that would work.[/color]

25. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I remember back in the beginning of the year when I proposed a game thread idea to one of the mods. They said they thought it was an interesting proposal and would share it with the others. Two months later, after inquiring about the fate of the proposal, I get a response saying they had shared the idea with one other mod and that mod thought the game would take too long. They said they would talk to the other mods. I never got any other response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.