main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[JCC Social threads/groups policy] A 6 month wait for a 1 month thread? This needs to end NOW

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthTunick , Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Ironically and tragically, since 12:40 when Tunick came back in here and once again whined about our lack of a social thread, the rest of the Sarcasm Knights have added 15 pages to the Confederate Palace social thread and are getting on just fine...

[face_plain]

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    um, how is that ironic ?

3. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    You know, like when a clown dies.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ^^^^ exactly ^^^^

At least one of you is thinking...

5. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    sorry, but what you stated in the above post wasn't ironic.

A clown dieing isn't ironic either.

An animal-rights protestor dieing in a stampede releasing animals from a research lab, on the other hand is ironic.

It perhaps is true what they say about Americans and irony.

6. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    the rest of the Sarcasm Knights have added 15 pages to the Confederate Palace social thread and are getting on just fine...

Yes and they are vowing to spam the PT social thread and turn it into their own SK / GIL thread. Doesn't sound like some have any interest in "getting on just fine."

7. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Excuse me, we Knights plan to do no such thing. Please don't go around saying we're planning to spam boards.

8. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Strilo posted on 7/1/05 12:30pm
    [i]the rest of the Sarcasm Knights have added 15 pages to the Confederate Palace social thread and are getting on just fine... [/i]

Yes and they are vowing to spam the PT social thread and turn it into their own SK / GIL thread. Doesn't sound like some have any interest in "getting on just fine."
    [hr][/blockquote]

Really? Where did that happen?

Link Pleez

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah. That's just pitiful, Strilo.

The God Squad/Satanic Kult rivalry has enough lame drama without contriving conspiracies about riots in the e-streets.

10. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    Spam? :eek: Good lord where?

I was very nice in my post there Strilo. The fact of the matter is the reason for these types of social threads. We may all be huge fans of the PT but everything and every subject has been beat to death. So what happens? Time to talk about other things, hence teh social thread in teh forum. I could talk about anything. Sometimes the subjects drift into 'hotties' because it is natural that people who get to know each other on a board are going to have different intrests. Most of us are over 18 and these kinds of things are going to come up. At times some may go a bit too far. Only natural. Just say 'chill' and everything should be fine, but there could be some questioning of the decisions.

Thank you and good night.

Jack [face_plain]

11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I was referring to words from your own SK collegues in their Parrot forum elsewhere on the internet where they state they are gonna spam up the PT Forum social thread with SK posts.

12. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    One, how do you know if it was serious?

Two, have you seen SK members spamming the PT social thread?

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I understand why you would see an offite message board mentioning something like that, and be wary of it actually happening, but there are plenty of 'us' that don't post at Parrot and are fine with attempting to follow the TOS (and accepting when we're corrected for not).

To just presume that an entire group of people with a goofy subtitle are all on the same accord about being unruly is simply not being cognizant.

We have some young kids in our group, who keep the name for the acceptance aspect of it, we have good little Christians, we have people who talk about nothing but SW. Lumping the whole sum of them up with a handful who are not so obedient isn't fair to them. Nor is asking them to take a silly line out of their signatures, just to have the right to post where they feel to without being scrutinized for it.

I agree with your apprehension as the Mod for your forum, but I would hope you understand that not even allowing a grace period for people to post in your forum's social thread isn't going to encourage civility. I'm not saying that threateningly. I'm saying that from the standpoint of your bringing up the fact that a handful of users who suddenly appeared in your social were only there because their regular social was locked has a logic flaw.

Their social was locked and not renewed because the forum they post in regularly is MERGING with yours. The entire point of contention with closing it was resolved by saying the PT has a social already, so you'll have to use that one...

There is no room for 'shoulda, woulda, coulda' but you should at least consider how things would have turned out if the ROTS social stayed open until the merge. You'd be getting the same people. Just at a later date. You have every right to come up with whatever standard you want for that forum. And we will abide by it. But, it doesn't excuse the fact that open bias toward an entire group for the actions of a handful doesn't exactly encourage TOS-respecting JCers.

Ich bin ein auschlander. :p

14. CMNDR_BACARA

CMNDR_BACARA Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    look, this is just stupid. I was the only one who stopped by to chat with someone I knew from the 3SA (who is NOT a SK or in anyway affiliated). My first three posts were exactly this(out of context)
    "Well, hello little social thread." [face_devil]
    "what's goin on in here 2nite? "
    "diggin the color scheme, too."
    and were met with this.

"This will NOT become a Sarcasm Knights thread. Just so you know."

There was no talk of anything regarding the PT social thread at the other site untill after this aggressive, unwarranted and openly hostile remark was made. Of course people were going to be up in arms.But there was no intent by anyone in the SKs to "take over" anything in PT before this. This has been entirely blown out of proportion on both sides and needs to end now.
    The fact that the regular posters in the PT social thread have to suffer because of this is just wrong. I can't speak for anyone else, but if it makes anyone happy, I, for one would be agreeable to never post there again. Even though those that have posted there have made no disturbance of any sort.

15. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Strilo posted on 7/1/05 10:58pm
    I was referring to words from your own SK collegues in their Parrot forum elsewhere on the internet where they state they are gonna spam up the PT Forum social thread with SK posts.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Your own Darth Sapient has been very clear that what goes on at offshoot boards has nothing to do with this site, so you really should pay no mind to them.

I mean in Sapient's own words it's like this [b][i]"We don't take actions on mods or users for anything done off our site. Also, consider that it may not even be -blank- because there are sapient's everywhere I go and I'm only registered here under that name."[/i][/b]

So, I don't see how you can get bad on users that you see at other sites, your head admin doesn't see a problem. I'm pretty sure there are Snowball's at every site as well.

16. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    ...And I thought the mods usually agreed with each other...

17. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    ASG - you are misinterpreting that policy.

You won't be banned here for flaming a mod or user offsite - that is as far as the policy extends, and it is what Sapient is referring to in his post. However, if something occurs offsite that has a direct effect on the JC then we can and will take action here. This is not a new revelation, we have done this in the past, but only in the case where the JC is affected.

Say what you like offsite - you are perfectly entitled to do that, and we honestly don't care what your private opinions are. However, openly plan to troll the JC offsite and we will take note.

It's slightly naive to believe that you can openly plan to troll the JC offsite and not expect us to be aware and where necessary prepare for such activities. In this case you cannot hide behind the 'it happened offsite' policy when it directly affects the JC.

Furthermore, in some cases the offsite administrators are happy to share private email and IP addresses of users at their site with the JC administration. Thus it becomes possible to match-up offsite user with onsite user. You can't really blame us for trying to 'protect' the JC where possible.

18. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    I don't think anyone blames anyone in the MS for trying to protect the boards - that's your appointed duty, and if you didn't do it, you'd be doing a disservice to the posters on this site. However, I point back to what MyKe said earlier - a sentiment that echoes the PM that I sent to Strilo, Quix, and Sapes last night (I'll gladly share that PM with any of you if you wish, or, it is posted at the Parrot for all to see). The majority of the Knights play by the rules the majority of the time. I'm not going to blow smoke up anyone's rear and say that some of us haven't broken those rules from time to time, and some more than others. However, it pains me to see an entire group ostracized because of the actions of a few.

19. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    "It's slightly naive to believe that you can openly plan to troll the JC offsite and not expect us to be aware and where necessary prepare for such activities. In this case you cannot hide behind the 'it happened offsite' policy when it directly affects the JC."

Really, when did this policy start? Xie got away with hacking into a chat, getting mad member log-ins, and then going to town.

Two weeks was great?

20. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    this is really stupid, it was one Knight that even considered spamming the board the rest of us were civial and aggreed to follow the rules (no pics, etc.) and it seemed everything was ok, but I come in here this morning and what do I find?? The PT forum social thread is locked, all so th Knights can't 'spam' the thread anymore, which was NEVER our idea in the first place. Our thread was locked because it will soon be moving into the PT forum which already HAS (well had I guess) a social thread, we got a jump start on posting there, and are met with nothing but fear and loathing. truely sad.......

21. CMNDR_BACARA

CMNDR_BACARA Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005

Say what you like offsite - you are perfectly entitled to do that, and we honestly don't care what your private opinions are. However, openly plan to troll the JC offsite and we will take note.

It's slightly naive to believe that you can openly plan to troll the JC offsite and not expect us to be aware and where necessary prepare for such activities. In this case you cannot hide behind the 'it happened offsite' policy when it directly affects the JC

Would you like to point out to me where anyone over there said anything about trolling or spamming? The main point of my last post was that the only reason there was any talk over there at all was because we were told we weren't welcome in PT forums, in no uncertain terms. The message over there was one of "if they don't want us there, then that's where we will be." but not once was it metioned or implyed that that forum or any other was to be trolled or spammed.

22. LadyWhilla

LadyWhilla Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    The SK's are intelligent enough to know that past actions have led to this debacle. I really don't think they're going to commit nuclear war on TFN if another social thread lets them in and if some do, then they suffer the consequences.

I think this has shown that no matter where the SK's go, they aren't gonna be welcomed. Too bad, because I've found them to be a lot of fun. Witty, sarcastic (who knew?) funny and intelligent. That beats some of the nonsense I've seen on the forums. But I guess the sig damns you, huh?

Strilo stated that users will be dealt with individually on a case by case basis. That's how it should be. Don't label the entire group.

Suggestion: Re-open the PT Social thread with the rules openly spelled out in the first post. You break them, you're gone.
    At least give it a try?

23. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    well to be fair the title of that thread kinda does suggest that, but that was done by the snowman, who is permabanned, and we have given no indication in our posting (outside of the ONE vida pic) that we are there to cause trouble, in fact at least two of us made it perfectly clear that we were NOT there to cause trouble, that we had no trouble following the rules as long they are layed out for us and not thrown up a year into the thread saying we cannot do something that we have done for the last year with no recourse. again, we are NOT there to cause trouble, we are there to post and since the ROTS forum which was our home will soon be merged there......we pretty much should be there

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Whilla, thanks for the support. But, you don't have to worry about my sig damning me anymore! :)

As of today, my sig was magically found inappropriate a year later. I'm sure it had absolutley nothing to do with this current debate, though.

Don't cry for me, though, Argentina. I will endure. :p

Sincerely and with love,
    Sir 'can't talk about his own mother in his sig' of the Knights of the Sarcasm Table

25. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    However, it pains me to see an entire group ostracized because of the actions of a few.

How is your group being ostracized? The reasons for not giving you your own thread have been covered several times. Other than that, you only get into trouble when you break the rules. A good number of your group have never been banned or even edited, so it's hardly the case that you are being singled out.

Really, when did this policy start?

A long time ago when PreacherBoy did something offsite that had onsite reprocussions.

Xie got away with hacking into a chat, getting mad member log-ins, and then going to town.

xie was repremanded for his part in that fiasco. However, you must remember that it was the actions of others, and not him that had a direct effect on the JC. Those particular users have been banned indefinitely.

Would you like to point out to me where anyone over there said anything about trolling or spamming?

Pick any thread you like. Obviously you'll appreciate why I won't be duped into linking there.

but not once was it metioned or implyed that that forum or any other was to be trolled or spammed.

How else would you describe :-

Now they have a Jihad on their hands.

tf.n gets lamer by the day. <sigh> wonder if there'll be a general social thread in the JCC or if we'll have to hijack one.

Anybody want to mass post "**** TF.N" as the threads last posts??!? anyone???

C MON! Who's going down with the ship?

tonight might see more knight bannings than any, it should anyway.

there's still time..........sock it up.

If I could somehow get a guarenteed last post in the GIL I would tear it up and go permaban.

Dude,you want to get banned?......Post pics of tampons and midol and tell Sinister to use them as needed.

It'll be OK, Sonja. If anybody else get's up for a full scale invasion, I'm definately in.

They have a social thread there?...........Order 66, bitches. Do what must be done.

Interestingly a number of those statements were made by people currently posting in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.