main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[JCC Social threads/groups policy] A 6 month wait for a 1 month thread? This needs to end NOW

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthTunick , Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    ok if we were ranting that is one thing, but do you see any indication of spamming in what the knights have posted there already?

2. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Just to clarify and not let people get the wrong idea, PB was involved in the situation, but it wasn't that he did something off-site. It was a regular user that did something and the discovery of the extent of the problem that affected regular users and some mods alike was because PB was able to back-track.

3. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    we spout off at the mouth over there because were are angered at the situation......how many times have you had the thught of wanting to harm someone or something r saying something you didn't mean when you are angry??

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    That doesn't make it right to do it. They can't stop you or punish you for sharing your opinions, but when you premeditate spamming/trolling, they can step in. You'd think that a thread titled "**** this thread up!" with a link to the PT social thread would be some indication as to intent.

edit - spelling

5. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Dingo - thanks. I wasn't around then, and only have a rough idea what occured.

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL you asked me to provide examples of what I was referring to, and I have. You must appreciate if you openly post offsite "let's troll the JC and get banned", there's a chance we might read it and be prepared. Same thing goes for when you declare you are going to 'hijack' other people's threads.

Lastly, no matter how infuriated or angry I get, I have never once felt like harming someone, not even as a passing thought in my head. I'm slightly worried that you said that, because it imnplies that you do.

jedi_master_ousley - thanks, you said things better than I have doing.

6. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    pok first of all that was SNOWY, and again, we said it but noone has DONE it,

as to malkie, just because you have never been so angry at someone that you wanted ot lash out at them does not man that NOONE does, the point is that we all say things and do things that we don't mean. Maybe instead of just going off of what a FEW people say you give us the benifit of the doubt, many of us have said time and time again that we do not mind following the rukes as long as they are laid out for us and not changed time and time again. Any talk of spamming stems from the loss of the GIL, but maybe before judging and LOCKING a thread rather than letting us post, a little compromise is in order.....I and many others never had any intent of just spamming the fraking thread, and we expressed that to the mods but they insisted on not listening and now here we are

and I even said that I understood how the title may look to others......I understand where people are coming from, I am just saying that maybe instead of jumping to conclusions we should compromise......

My point was that many people do feel like punching someone sometimes whren they get angry, and certainly say things they don't mean, but the point is that it doesn't mean that they DO it.....and that is what most of that is, just lashing out for the loss of the GIL, I mean come on you actually take the JIHAD post at face value?? I think not......

7. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    The benefit of the doubt?

The SK have not earned the benefit of the doubt, that has been proven time and time again.

8. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    where did you come from?? You know if we were just given some room there wouldn't be any of this drama, all of this crap stems from you MS always shutting the door in our face, YES we have a past, but even as malkie said many of us have not even been edited in the past, I my self have been banned three times, but for the most part I don't make any kind of trouble, I don't post 'hottie' pics....I just tlak to people that have become my fiends, all we are asking for is a litle credit, what is it going to hurt to allow us to post in the social thread given that we agree to adhere to the rules, whta you probably don't realise is that the ones that might cause trouble won't even bother with this thread sinc we can't post pics or anything, and to completeley lock the thread is ridicoulous

9. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    What sort of compromise? Strilo stated flat out that he would prefer it if the people who posted in the social thread were regulars of the PT forum, as that was the intent of the thread. However, the majority of people posting were not ?regulars? of the PT forum; in fact some had never even posted there before, or only a couple times at most.

When confronted about this, some said that they would like to become regulars of the PT forum. However, the motivation behind this ?decision? was not what was wanted. Rather than actually wanting to contribute to the forum and add to discussions to better the forum, the people posting wanted to ?contribute? to the forum so they could post in the social thread.

He is the one who can make the decision on whether the PT even has a social thread or not. Being that it is currently locked, my assumption is that the PT mods felt that keeping it open would cause more trouble than it was worth to keep up with. Instead of having forum regulars that they know fairly well posting in it, there was a rush of complete strangers who they knew nothing about ? and therefore it only caused more trouble for them to figure who these people were and what their intent was.

It seems like the whole issue here is that the Sarcasm Knights and their friends do not have a social thread in which they can take part in, and rather than using their own board, they feel the need to bring their spam and fluff to the JC and will not rest until they have a place to dump their garbage. The fact that the group has not been allowed to have their own thread should speak volumes to them ? they are causing more harm than good and the mods should not have to waste their time sifting through a Sarcasm Knight dominated thread when they could be devoting that time actually moderating the forum they are in charge of.

Being a constant thorn in the side to the administration will not earn you favour in their eyes, and will only lessen the chances of them granting you the thread which you so vehemently desire.

10. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003

You know that is EXACTLY what I am talking about, thank you for proving my point, you people are COMPLETLY ignoring us, we have stated that we WILL ADHERE TO ANY RULES SET FORTH AS LONG AS THEY ARE UPFRONT WITH THEM AND DON'T THROW CRAP AT US FROM NOWHERE. you are COMPLETLEY stereotyping us, just because some of us cause trouble everynow and then does not mean that we are all out to justt create trouble, you know there were a group of people that were deemed 'trouble makers' a while back and were pushed down and persecuted just because they belonged to that group, they were called Jews. And to most of us in the SK that is exactly what this feels like, what is so hard about this?? we were posting in the ROTS forum which was locked, the rots forum will soon BE the PT forum there fore since we are regulars of the rots forum we are grandfathered into the PT forum giving us the privilege to post there so long as we adhere to the rules, or should I just put a Star of David into my sig??

11. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    You have been banned three times but otherwise don't make any trouble? That's a bit of an oxymoron. The vast majority of people here have never been banned, I think their definition of "making trouble" would include getting banned in the first place.

You're asking for a little credit when you and several other SK members have been banned for violating the rules of other social threads? And when in your own forum members have professed a desire to hijack certain JC threads? Surely you don't expect us to believe they have honorable intentions.

Strilo and Quix have every right to do what they want to maintain order in their forum. Social threads in movie forums are a privaledge, not a right. Past history has shown that the SK have no interest in the PT forum for actual Star Wars discussion or for getting to know its regulars. The JCC is for pure social entertainment, not the movie forums.

12. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Gollum, it?s rather difficult to take you seriously when you lose your temper like that and once again bring Godwin?s Law into the discussion.

13. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    I think you are a little biased since you and I have a history, I have been here for a while, I have been banned for doing some silly things, but over all I just post here and I get along with most everyone. I have had my moments but that does NOT mean that my intent is to spam the crap out of the boards and create mischief and frankly i am insulted that you woyuld insinuate that it is, seeing as you barely know me

Ousley, because I type in CAPS does not mean I lose my temper I am stating my opinion and didn't feel like using italics

14. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I am a regular at the PT forum and didn't know about Strilo's preference. I invited a friend who invited some friends and then it got locked.

15. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I think comparing the plight of the SK, and the holocaust is the most stupid and offensive comment I've ever read on the JC.

This is the internet - this isn't the deaths of a few million innocent people.

16. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    and godwins law or not that is how it is staring to feel....

no it is the persacution of just a few......

and I wasn't really refering to the deaths of the jews but the ideas of the nazis......or the commis.......or Castro.....take your pick

17. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'll throw a bit of an observation into the mix here. From what I've seen, the Sarcasm Knights aren't filled with the brightest bulbs in existence. The average intelligence of people in the group seems to be just that: average. Strategically, the Knights have blundered time and again, angering the administration and making life difficult for them, and then pulling a victim or martyr act on several occasions. In short, the Knights might be very popular in some circles, but they just don't seem capable of figuring out what to do in most instances. As much as the administration has been accused of taking a hard line against them, I find a "my way or the highway" attitude from many Knights on this. Of course, I'm an outsider to all this, but consider that my perception as someone from the outside looking in may be shared by others, and is not entirely unique.

It's really too bad, because if circumstances were different, you might have engendered a lot of support and sympathy from otherwise unaffiliated and uninvolved members (and moderators). If your membership were filled more with upstanding posters and had fewer banned (past or present) people in your ranks, people would probably have a better impression of you.

Instead, you're reaping what you've sowed. It's a basic rule in life, and applies to everyone (certainly has applied to me, particularly on the JC). Now that it's applying to you, you don't like it.

I suggest sowing better seeds next time around.

18. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    you know what I m going to back out of this conversation for now because I am a little miffed and rather than say something I don't mean I will let cooler heads prevail.....If I don't speak to any of you have a nice holiday weekend.....

19. Darth_Pogey

Apr 4, 2005
    The idea of the Sarcasm Knights was a good idea that has in many ways went too far. After all, they are on their third king.

20. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
  21. Darth_Pogey

Apr 4, 2005
    And two others that were never king are eternally banned.

22. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    ok this is my last post for now, I realize and have already said that I can see where you are coming from, and I do apologize about the nazi comment (although we DO feel a bit persecuted) Yes we have had a past, but what we are asking for, which we probably don't deserve, is a chance, let us prove that some of us actually do want to just have a social thread where we can talk.....just lay out the rules.......we get out of hand, lock it and it is our fault, and we won't come at you again asking for it....I know how this sounds, buit all I am asking for is a little bit of consideration

23. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    KW - I think that's a pretty astute and accurate observation.

24. Darth_Pogey

Apr 4, 2005
    The knights are rightfully persecuted, and I bet the main reason the mods don't necissarily want to give you a second chance is because they don't trust what you will do with it. Being knighted is a gift and a curse. Though I know I would not want to be a knight even if it was offered to me.

25. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    all I am asking for is ONE chance....jsut reopen the PT thread.....if the **** starts up then lock it....I have no desire to do anything ban worthy.....all I am asking is that it is thought over

there are some of us that are trying to bridge the gap beteewn the SK and the MS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.