[JCC Social threads/groups policy] A 6 month wait for a 1 month thread? This needs to end NOW

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthTunick, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Well, you're a mod. Lock it Strilo.
  2. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Those decisions fall to the Comms mods.
  3. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Really, because you locked a thread in here like 6 or 7 threads below this one.
  4. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    That was a cut and dry issue relating directly to one of my forums. This is an ongoing debate that is not cut and dry about something relating to far more than just PT. These are best left to the Comms mods / Admins.
  5. FORCEFED Force Ghost

star 5
    so the debate is not cut and dry? yet the thread should be locked?

i think it behooves us to continue discussion until we come to some sort of agreement or impasse.

back on topic, has anyone read my post about the lock and deletion quix made? quix? anyone?
    has that issue been discussed?

thanks.

FF
  6. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    back on topic, has anyone read my post about the lock and deletion quix made? quix? anyone?
    has that issue been discussed?

Have you PM'ed QS about it? I'm only asking, okay? Was the post in here about it on the last page the first time your opinion was made known with the hope QS would see it? :)
  7. FORCEFED Force Ghost

star 5
    Sapes,

No, I didn't PM quix, as we discussed it a bit in the thread: HERE

However, Amos was the only one available in the JCC yesterday, so I asked him, and I think he said it was being talked about. And to hold tight.

So, I was just looking into if there was a resolution or not, as we would like to know if we are being told (by extension-no knight thread, no place to knight folks) that we can not knight people.

Because that would not be right. I'll tell you that much.

FF
  8. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't see at all how posting in a social thread can be considered hijacking, I mean because a:) noone really posted in uit that much anyway, which you can see as there are no regulars from that forum protesting itand B)It is a freaking SOCIAL thread, just because we happen to be knights, and most of us told strillo that we did not mind following his rules, we just wanted some place to type, in fact strillo and I are ow on pretty good speaking terms, and as he will contest I have emailed him several times before creating threads instead of jusr spewing trash, and in the recent rash of perma-bans that have been hannded diwn I would say that most of the 'bad-seeds' have been rooted out, so why keep with the almost complete sk ban??

AND ON ANOTHER NOTE there was just a jcc cantina thread locked, which had more than a hundred posts in an hour, none of which were bannable offences, with sic or seven of us 'troublemakers' activly psting inside of it......hm......
  9. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    With the popularity of today's JCC Cantina thread, why won't the mods let that be a permanent social thread? People have been asking for it, and a newbie started it today without knowing the consequences.
  10. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    There are lots of permanant social threads.
  11. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Yeah!!!!!!

Go Hijack, I mean post, in one of those!!!!!!
  12. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Force Ghost

star 5
    hte amount of hipocrocy on thi site never ceases to astound me, we are not allowed to post in other peoples threads because that is 'derailing' or 'hijacking', yet we are not allowed to have our own, today amos locked a thread entitled "do you pleasure yourself" his reasoning was that it 'is not family friendly'. NOT we already have a masturbation (which is EXACTLY what every thirteen yearold boy heeds to have) thread, which is what I was expecting, but it is not family friendly, and it just happened to be by a known sk associate.......It is ok, people always fear what they do not understand
  13. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I imagine the difference is that "masturbation" is a technical term for the act and that "pleasure youself" is a bit less family-friendly. Additionally, the thread would be redundant and warrant a lock anyway. It seems like the point of posting that was to say "well it was only locked because it was an SK member!" when in fact there are two reasonable explanations for it being locked that have nothing to do with what group one is a member of.
  14. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Force Ghost

star 5
    allow me to clarify, I knew it would get locked as I said, that is not in contention, the WAY it was locked is wht I was tlaking about, saying it wsa not family friendly, when there is a thread EXACTLY like it that remains open, no admittingly maybe i am readin a bit into but it just came across as being a little bit of an xtra **** you from the MS, and if you think there aren't post like that in the masturbatuon thread think again
  15. FORCEFED Force Ghost

star 5
    dgs, reread your posts and fix your typos.

i can't understand your ramblin'! lol

FF
  16. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Until I see an argument by you guys (the Mod Squad) that actually makes sense.
  17. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    You've had plenty. You don't agree with them, and that's fine. I don't see why you expect them to change because of that, however.
  18. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    HawkNC posted on 7/12/05 9:03pm

/>

Well with the hypocracy going on, I feel the need to continue to argue for my side./>/>
  19. Kimball_Kinnison Chosen One

star 6
    Well with the hypocracy going on, I feel the need to continue to argue for my side.

Tunick, you've gotten your answer repeatedly. You have been told by multiple mods that it isn't going to change. The JCC mods are in agreement on that point.

At this point, this discussion has been going around in circles, and is hereby over. Let it go.

I am locking this thread.

Kimball Kinnison
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.