main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[JCC] The Policy On ?Non-Social Threads Turned Social Threads?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Translation: Sure, it was promoting something that is against the rules, and is a bannable offense. But it could be worse!

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Because there was no harm in it.

3. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    This seems silly to me.

I mean, I've had plenty of threads that have been locked and I had a good reason for keeping them open, but I didn't start a thread in Comms about it.

I pm a mod about stuff like this. Normally the mod who locks it. Ask malkie. I pmed him so many times I'm sure he hates me now.

It seems to me that you didn't even need this thread, because you and droideka came to an agreement a while back that she would reconsider and consult QS.

Now just deal with whatever their response is.

Beside all that, I don't think this thread was necessary in the first place. It seems to me it could take place within the original thread. I don't see why we need two threads on pretty much the same topic.

4. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Smuggler, the Awesome Council has spoken, surely you realize that you have lost. Especially since you aren't awesome.

5. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    I mean, should we lock stupid threads because they will encourage stupid replies which is practically like spamming?
    Best idea ever proposed by the administration, provided it is expanded to include banning stupid members.

But then we could just use a board filter to catch these automatically.

x=stupid
    ban on x.

That would eliminate the need for mods at all, and how else would we be able to wield tremendous e-power and validate our fragile-as-glass egos?

6. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    On that basis alone, I rank it much higher in quality than many of the threads in the JCC forum.

If quality was a determining factor in what's allowed and what isn't there'd be very few threads and JCers left.

Because there was no harm in it.

There's no actual harm in having more than one thread on the same topic or talking about Star Wars in the JCC or only starring out three of four letters in a swear. And yet these things are not allowed.

Smuggler, the Awesome Council has spoken, surely you realize that you have lost.

The more people realize this, the better the JC will be.

That would eliminate the need for mods at all, and how else would we be able to wield tremendous e-power and validate our fragile-as-glass egos?

You could beat up small children.

Amazing.

7. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    B, you're a genius.

Just because something is harmless, doesn't mean it should be allowed or overlooked. He has two other challege threads, no need for more.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I only know of one, the one that Dashy made. Where's the second?

9. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Oh, well, this is just looking beautifully.

10. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    I'm sorry, what was that? I don't speak gobbledegook.

11. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I think this thread turned into a chat thread. [face_laugh]

12. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Alrighty, we discussed it and the general feeling was that the thread should not be reopened since it was SO FAR off topic (many posts), and there is that one dashy made, which you can use, and because we feel the behavior would eventually start back up again, and we couldn't find a reason for it to be open after those two things.

so please use dashy's thread.

13. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I see, I see. Well, as much as I may or may not agree with that decision, I'll respect it. Thank you for putting the topic up for discussion as well as getting our input on it. Truely professionally done, and some of the mod communication I've ever seen here on the boards.

Feel free to lock this thread if you please. This discussion is over as far as I'm concerned. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.