main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[JCC]Why can't there be 2 Survivor threads?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by wild_karrde, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    dashy - what is your reasoning for locking that thread? i'm still not getting why it was done.

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    What was wrong with the existing S8 thread? Why was it locked?

3. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Youre missing his point, though, Dashy. He doesnt want a thread with even the slightest possibilty that spoilers may pop up, and with an HTR policy that possibility automatically increases, highlights or no. Hence the fact that he asked for two separate threads, to have the S8 thread a thread for Survivor discussion of all seasons with the rules that he had already had in place from the S8 thread as well as all of the ones prior to that.

4. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Like I said in another thread, it is so plainly obvious that the mods no longer give a $#!+ about making the JCC a better place.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Are the other threads that have spoiler and non spoiler threads dedicated to one subject also being closed and started a new?

6. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Dashy just likes to lock/ban stuff. This gives him more reason to throw his weight around.

7. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Like I said in another thread, it is so plainly obvious that the mods no longer give a $#!+ about making the JCC a better place.

You would be wrong. The mods simply disagree with you on how to do it.

Kimball Kinnison

8. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    So by telling a bunch of posters "**** you" it makes the JCC a better place? Dude, you got some weird logic.

9. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    w_k has a good point^

10. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    This is truly rediculous. The season just ended yesterday and you've locked the survivor 8 thread for what? Hmmm we arn't aloud to talk about topics anymore in the JCC? oh i see how it is.

Let me summorize,
    1) It would be easier for the mods to have two seperate threads so no intense moderation would have to be done.
    2) It would be better for the entire community since one individual could post the final winner and people could read it before a mod could edit. This would ruin and entire season for multiple individuals while the person who did it would get a 'stern warning'.

All it takes is 2 words to spoil an entire season of survivor. _____ wins. Why don't all the jcc mods get their heads out of their asses and give people what they want instead of pissing off so many. So far i've heard one person say they wanted it HTR, i've heard numerious people ask for the other option.

11. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Exellent summary Wolf.

12. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Yes, by catering to a couple of people who want spoilers, you are telling all of the other posters who don't want spoilers that they don't matter and basically "**** you guys". That is not how you make the JCC a better place.

13. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    Look. Y'all are the mods, and in the end it's your call. But grandfathering the Smallville thread and not the Survivor thread is just WRONG.

Explain to me why it's okay to grandfather in their thread but not the survivor thread. I just want to know the reasoning for that.

14. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    carmenite42 brings up a very good point.

15. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Yes, that's why the locking of the S8 thread is such a surprise to me. It was open for 6 months or more, and the mods never had a problem with it being non-spoiler. Why is being locked now while other old non-spoiler threads remain open?

16. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000

All it takes is 2 words to spoil an entire season of survivor. _____ wins. So far i've heard one person say they wanted it HTR, i've heard numerious people ask for the other option.

I think that those few sentences sum up this entire situation perfectly.

17. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    As I've stated before, if a new Smallville discussion thread were created today then the same rules would apply to it. The thread would be HTR and follow the same standards we hold in reguards to the new Survivor 9 thread. However, there is no need for a new Smallville thread, and thus it shall remain how it is until a new one must be created.

Edit: If previous non-spoiler threads for other subjects remain open while a new thread exists, I would be more than happy to lock those. It is common rule that all old threads should be locked when a new, official one is created.

18. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    Dashy - another question. When do these rules go into effect? Threads started after what date need to be HTR?

19. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    So your saying that we should go and create a new smallville thread?

That way you would be forced to make it highlight to read, and lock the old one.

Hey why dont we do that for all non-spoiler threads? I'm sure it would make it much better for the JCC mods dont you all? Afterall this is the policy they want.

20. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Who else is starting to like JCC less and less ?

21. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Dashy - another question. When do these rules go into effect? Threads started after what date need to be HTR?

These rules are currently in effect and should appy to all threads created today and in the future.

22. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    However, there is no need for a new Smallville thread, and thus it shall remain how it is until a new one must be created.

There was no need for a new Survivor thread! That's the whole point! All you are doing is contradicting yourself.

And as someone else asked, if I were to go and start a new HTR thread for Smallville, would you lock the old one? Hell, a few weeks ago someone started a spoilers thread for Smallville, but the old one was left alone. Why are you just doing this for my thread?

23. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004

These rules are currently in effect and should appy to all threads created today and in the future.

If Im reading that right, then it doesnt apply to old threads. Then hows it apply to the survivor thread ?

24. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003

Awesome. this thread was created BEFORE today and was originally a NS thread. Can it be re-opened and turned back to a NS thread, since the purpose of the thread was changed without the author's permission, and without any policy reasonings (seeing as it just went into effect today)?

25. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    If Im reading that right, then it doesnt apply to old threads. Then hows it apply to the survivor thread ?

Well a new Survivor thread just started in the JCC and Officialized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.