Provo JCF Harassment Policy

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Aug 11, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Recently in Communications, there was a discussion about sexual harassment of users on the Jedi Council Forums. A new, simple policy was posted and put into place a couple of days ago. I wanted to make sure everyone here was aware of this policy for current or future reference, for themselves as well as friends. It's also part of the terms for using these boards and being a member of the Fan Force, so please read.

http://boards.theforce.net/communications/b10006/28941334/

Note that if you're ever made to feel uncomfortable or harassed by any user on the JC, if you need to you're free to approach any JC or Fan Force moderator/admin, no matter on what section of the boards the harassment took place. To quote, "Users won't be restricted to just an exclusive group of moderators. Users should know they have the opportunity to approach any moderator at any time."

The policy includes links to lists of current JC staff as well as Fan Force RSA's you can go to if you're uncomfortable with someone, or simply if you're unsure which mod/admin you should take the issue to. Obviously, I'm not an admin or an RSA or anything like that, but as always, let me know if I can be of any help.

Edit: For reference, the RSA's (Regional Support Admins) for the Fan Force Southwest region are BrotherHalo and Jedi_Knight_Birr. :) A link to the Harassment Policy is also in the list of links along the top of the page.

-Mia
  2. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    As MiaTieska posted, please read the new policy. It is considered part of the Terms & Conditions for using these forums, and all users must make sure they adhere to the new policy. It's not just for the JC, but for FF as well...

Thanks for staying on top of that, Mia!
  3. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for mentioning that part as well, that it's part of the TOS. Hm. I'll go edit that. :)

-Mia
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby