main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCNGL vs. OE .... Are *you* up for it?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sithman, Dec 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Hey guys, as I'm sure many of you know, I don't play on the TFN JO server, but instead I play at Cardassia Prime. Cardassia is the OE: Obsidian Empire's official server. Over the course of playing there for about an hour or two every day (everyday, yes :p ) for 5 months, I have become known as a regular there and become friends with one of the Admins there: oE | Amophis. Jeff 42 knows what I'm talking about because he plays there all the time too (they want him to join :p ).
    The Obsidian Empire (oE) is a clan that plays in a league of clans that have matches against each other every week or other week (I forget). I guess a new "season" started this fall and they're now 7-0 in that league (the league is TWL, if you recognize it). Anyways, the point is, there are some VERY good players on there. Jeff can most of the time win, but I have yet to see him go up against such unheathily-good player like oE | Screamin, oE | VaderJM and oE | Kinnopio?. So, anyways, they're all very good, and way bettar than even DANE!!111!11! OMG!!11!!!1

Anyways, one day while talking to oE | Amophis (an admin there) on Instant Messenger, I said that perhaps we could organize a match between OE and the JCNGL. I've told him all about the JCNGL, and how we only have two good players (Dan and Jeff) and then a semi-good player (me). Otherwise, we stink. (no offense to other-who-I-shall-not-name :p ). Mostly, the match would just be for fun, so we could simply get out and play a different clan for once. He said that that would be awesome if he could get it worked out with the top OE head-hanchos.

This sounds like a really cool thing, even though we'd get our rears handed to us, but fun nonetheless. :D It'd be Team FFA, btw, and in my opinion, we should definitely have it on their server, seeing as that they have awesome pings and have a much better handle on controlling their server than we do (simply because Night and Co. are new at it :) ). I'd coordinate what's going on on our side of things with someone in OE seeing as that I know almost everyone on OE, so you all wouldn't have to bother with it. :)

So, I'm just sorta asking who would be up for it? I'm definitely in! Who else? :)

P.S. This would most likely happen after Christmas during Christmas break.

2. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Sounds like fun. Good luck ;p

3. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I would join, but my ping on that server is 250-350, which is way to much for me to enjoy, so I think I'll pass.

4. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    sure, i will join up. just need to start playing JO again

5. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Sure. I don't mind getting my ass handed to me every now and then. :)

6. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Well, I'd love to put my skills to the test, especially to prove that I can hold my own againt Dan, but I won't be able to play JO until at least 3 weeks, and then need to get back into practice.

I'd love an internal ladder after this too :p

¤Night

7. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Err... Yah?

Probably.

Not.

Ah... I dunno, been decicating life to CS ya know? And JO is soooo last week.

8. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Sorry to say it but if JO is so last week then what is CS? Sooo last decade? I personally think JO is a crappy game and play cs/ns everyday... but as the age aspect cs is far older.

9. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Sounds like fun. There's a chance that I won't be able to play any JO over winter break, but I'm planning to install it on the computer here and hopefully it will run okay.

I've told him all about the JCNGL, and how we only have two good players (Dan and Jeff) and then a semi-good player (me). Otherwise, we stink.

Forgetting Rebecca and Wedge, are we?

10. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    im pretty good at MoH, and i kciked but at JO a while ago, i will just have to practice some and get back to where i was. thankfully i have two more days of finals then i can start pumping time into it

11. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    Well, I just played multiplayer JO for a while, and even with the graphics settings all at their lowest it was not good. In heavy firefights I was probably getting 5 fps or less. I'm afraid I won't be playing much for the next few weeks. :(

12. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Since I stink, I won't be able to make a contribution to the match. Because of that, I won't play [face_plain]

13. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Yeah, well, apparently I stink too. [face_plain]

Really, that was uncalled for, saying almost all of us stink. We really don't.

14. ChristmasSock327

ChristmasSock327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2002
    Becca and Wedge are at Jeff's level, I'd have to say.

Homer and Night are excellent snipers.

...then there's me. I'll admit I fit in with the "stink" catagory, but I'm really the only one I can think of that fits that.

And I join plenty of other servers, and I'm almost always in at least the top three.

Since you don't play on the TFN server much, you probobly don't have too good of an idea of how we play, as we're all at a reasonable level now.

Not at the oE level perhaps, as I've played on Cardassia, and got my ass handed to me. ;)

Sounds fun though, so count me in. :)

15. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    This would most likely happen after Christmas during Christmas break.

After this week I can't play until after break. I'd be up for it after then. Me I'm an average player. I average about a kill min.

16. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    "Becca and Wedge are at Jeff's level, I'd have to say."

Let's not go too far, huh? :p

17. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Not playing until after break? Bring home your computers from the dorm for winter break sheeeeeesh. I have over a month vacation and I'll be damned if my computer isn't coming home with me.

18. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Let's not go too far, huh?

Well :p to you!

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "I've told him all about the JCNGL, and how we only have two good players (Dan and Jeff) and then a semi-good player (me). Otherwise, we stink.

Forgetting Rebecca and Wedge, are we?
    "

Oops. :p Sorry, yes, you guys are great players, I honestly just forgot about you. :) I was thinking about... Well, we won't mention them... when I was posting that message. :p

So, I guess after Christmas break is better for everyone, that's cool, we'll just do it then. :)

20. ChristmasSock327

ChristmasSock327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2002
    So, I guess after Christmas break is better for everyone, that's cool, we'll just do it then.

Excellent, more time to work on mah skillz! :D

i=g0nn4 0\/\/nz j00 411! :p

21. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    We have to play JK. My forte is running around punching people, as I'm no good with any of the weapons. ;)

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Okay guys, it's after Christmas, and I've talked to one of the guys who's near the top of the Jedi Outcast division of OE, and he still would love to play us, so we really need to start working out dates and what days of the week you all could make it on.

I would like at LEAST like 5 of us to make it before we commit to a date.

Some dates to kick around...

-Friday, January 24th
    -Friday, January 31st

Everyone who wants to get in on this, your replies and participation would be really appreciated.
    If no one's interested, cool, I'm just seeing who's up for this.

23. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    OMG!!!!!1 LOL.

I'm SO in! (I wish my computer hadn't started freezing again though)

Can't believe I didn't see this earlier. Sithy, why wasn't I informed? I played Cardassia constantly over the break, ran into you a few times too. Screamin and Tzu even said I wasn't half bad, which surprised me. :D

Oh, and sank you Jeff, Aragorn. :)

24. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I'll play.

25. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I'll definetly be gone Jan 31. I might be gone the 24th.

I'll play if I'm here. I'm getting back into shape by playing in Cardassian a bit. I'm "respectable". Not number one, but usually in the top fourth of the players, and learning more stuff :)

I think if you guys want me and Homer to be the dream-sniping-team, we should pit us two against the lot of you guys (or maybe not all of you, but definetly give you the advantage) so we can learn to cover each other's backs instead of killing each other.

We can trade hints and such too, maybe even work out a system in shots that means things like "you're being snuck up on" and go forth.

¤Night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.