main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA JD and Marric Tease Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AuntBeruLars, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    I've been trying. So was the 2nd day as good as you thought it might be? Things have been interesting at my job. Will catch you up on movie night. Glad I held off as I am finding that I have a new confidence and a lack of willingness to stay status quo and have been making my point with quiet conversations and just pointing out the inaccuracies.

2. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    You are always good for a fun post, Nasus! The job is pretty OK. It's a little overwhelming with the amount of information they are throwing out, and I'd rather stop sitting in the classroom and just get to work, so that's a little frustrating, too. I can see already why there is such a long probation period -- there really is tons and tons to learn. I can already tell you more than you ever wanted to know about Health and Human Service legislation as well as all about welfare reform and the role our office plays in all of that. I'll be quite the benefits expert by the time I'm done my training, I guess.

I'm glad to hear your job is better...you always seem to know how to handle sticky situations.

I'm looking forward to movie night, it should be a fun day.

3. csarrico

csarrico Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2007
    Not sure if Michele and I are going to attend Movie Night. Just thought that I would let you all know.

4. darthmetalhead2

darthmetalhead2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    Not sure if I will make it either but if I do end up going..I'll miss you if your not there..so will Belda..say hello to Michele :) I hope you have fun whatever you do and hope to see you at the next meeting.

Alex

5. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    My position was also a year long probation even though I had been with the district for over 4 years when I transfered to secretary. So I understand. :) What fun stuff to learn. I use to be a warranty administrator so am also use to real dry material to have to suffer through so I could be the expert and quote it to others. :) Hang in there. You will be in the trenches before you know it and you will be wishing for a dry class. :) I am really looking forward to movie night.

Have you been watching the weather. It is suppose to storm really really really bad on Saturday night. We are debating whether we will be going down as don't want to stay and don't want to face the road hazzards. Will keep you posted on it.

6. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Susan

Have you guys thought about Bart? There's a station that gets off right by Wondercon.

I think thats how the Biths are gonna roll'

7. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I really dislike public transportation as it has too many germs and the bacteria is awful too.

8. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
  9. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    just a wee bit.

10. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    We would be bringing our granddaughter with us and with just getting back to feeling better, don't know if I would be up to public transportation yet. :) I admire your doing it with baby bith. :)

11. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Well you gotta drive over there, find parking, walk to the event... here we do a little driving and then just kick back, it's quicker and the bart station is right by it.

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    barts a good idea

13. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Oh man... i'm pretty sure I will be of different mind tomorrow but I am beat from a busy day and then picking up the baby and taking care of him all night (Mrs. Bith was a conference). Going to Frisco seems incredibly stressful.

Moms of the world, I salute you!

14. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    What a good dad. It is hard work. I'm glad my shift is almost over and Tiara is at the self sufficient stage so is not to bad. :) You will bounce back and be in frisco later I bet. But this old person decided to stay home. With the weather reports and the damage we had in the last storm, we decided to be closer to home just in case. Also was not looking forward to driving over the causeway with 60 MPH winds.

15. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Since this thread has my name on it, I figured it was a good a place as any to say "I PASSED THE CBEST!" Hurrah for me. Now that I have this rockin' job, I don't really need it, but I guess it's a good thing to have anyway.

Ah, it's been a pretty good day...and I don't have many of those that aren't Saturdays so I'm quite pleased. :)

16. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Congratulations JD! [face_dancing]

17. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Good Job JD=D=[face_dancing]

18. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Congratulations. Now you can go two different ways (always good to be prepared). Also shows that you do know what you are talking about. :) At the time of budget cuts and all, it is nice to have different options available.

If you do decide to do the teacher thing, I can help you out down in my district and can keep a sub working daily. :) Plus we are pretty close to Rancho. :D

Did LDV pass his, I never heard or I missed it. :)

19. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Who knows what I'll do with it...but I am glad to have it. Thanks for the congrats.

20. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    So uh whats going on?

21. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Around here? NOTHING is going on anymore. Sheesh.[face_worried]

How about some useless information, Marric? Tell me something I don't know...:)

22. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    That's because you are working too hard like the rest of us. :) How is it going? Is the commuting and child transporting going okay? Things are definately improving at work and my principal now wants to meet with me bacuse she has been a problem.. Basically, she admitted she is a problem. :) Always nice when life finally goes your way in a situation. :)

23. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Eh, Nasus, the job is fine. Training continues to be slow, and I am ready to just get in there and start the work. It'll be a really interesting job once I'm actually doing it. I'm so glad to hear things are good for you at work. You stuck to your guns, and were proved right. It's nice to be validated once in a while! How's your health situation? Keep us updated.

What, Marric, you couldn't come up with any new "did you know" information?:confused: I hardly believe it!

24. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    Well did you know-

Bagpipes weren?t invented in Scotland, but in ancient Persia.

25. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Shucks, I didn't know that! You are full of knowledge. Smart men are such a turn on.:-B = [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.