main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~ Jeanny ~ Oder 66 Songfic; two part; OC Jedi ; completed 8/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Title: Jeanny
    Author: MsLanna
    Timeframe: RotS
    Characters: OCs: Zoran, Jeanny
    Genre: Sonfic, drama
    Keywords: Oder 66,
    Summary: Jeanny and her Master Zoran try to survive Order 66. But that is not easy when the clone troopers know where to find you.
    Notes: The song is Jeanny from Falco. Watch the video, very creepy.[face_worried]

Jeanny

Jeanny komm, komm doch, steh auf, bitte!

The words of her Master reached her through the mist of misery. But she did not want to get up, did not want to move on, not ever. Curled up on the ground, still panting as well as she could in this position, Jeanny tried to forget the world. Forget the running, the endless flight through wind and rain. Or had it been tears? She did not know. It could have been molten lava for all she knew, everything seemed possible after the world had tilted and thrown everything she believed, everything she had know, to trash.

Ranja, her best friend Ranja - dead. She still saw it, like a holoflick in slow motion, the red blaster bolt hitting his chest, and a red fountain spurting out in return. Slowly, his body had fallen, so slowly and when it thudded onto the ground, the galaxy had jolted sideways and bowled over everything. No, Jeanny did not want to get up.

du bist ganz nass,

Wet, what did it matter? It was no proof that the rain had not been tears. Jeanny felt her eyes burn. Burn with the pain of what she had seen. She had not been fond of Ranja's Master, a strict Twi'lek, but he had fought valiantly. And long. She did not know how many clones he had killed in the process, very many most likely, Master Dwaren had been an excellent fighter. But the troopers had kept coming, like ants from all sides. Jeanny wrapped her arm around her head as if that would keep the pictures away. Too many clones, too many blasters and Dwaren had gone down in a blaze.

If Ranja and Dwaren had not been able to stop them, how could she even hope for escape? Jeanny did not like fighting much. She wanted to be a healer and mediator when she grew up and Zoran was a wonderful and gentle Master, but also not a fighter, too. He could work miracles on other people's minds, but that was it. He could not lift a rock if his life depended on it. Jeanny remembered the teasing when she had to spend another lesson with a Jedi not her Master.

"Why do they give him an apprentice at all?" Ranja had asked. "The only way he can really use the Force in a directed way is manipulating others."

Jeanny had not known what to answer. How to explain that being a Jedi was not only about using the Force? It was also about who you were as a person, and Zoran had a lot to give there. Jeanny knew who she was and what she wanted from her life. And also, Zoran had taught her how not to use the Force. She could do back flips all on her own, she knew how life was more tedious without the Force. But she believed that this would help her to be a better mediator. When talking to people who only knew the Force from hearsay, wouldn't it be a great help to know how they lived and felt? She hadn't known how to tell Ranja, and now she would never get a second chance.

es ist schon spät

Late? Too late! Much too late! Jeanny wanted to cry. Who had done that to them? Who could possibly want them all dead and why? Ranja had never done anything worse than the usual pranks in the Temple. She remembered them, Ranja always had something planned. The day he smuggled itching powder into the council chamber. The day he had pretended to be allergic to gimer and sneezed in violent bursts whenever Master Yoda came close. The day he poured glow-in-the-dark colouring into the water supply.

All that had been great fun, practical jokes that hurt nobody. Except for yourself, Jeanny remembered holding her hurting sides, because she had laughed too hard. She remembered whacking him over the head because he had cheated in sparring again. She wanted to remember, there was nothing else left of Ranja

2. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    [face_worried]:_|

Poor Jeanny. It would be hard to collect yourself after seeing something like that. And I seriously doubt you would ever get over it.

Excellent job. Very, very sad, but very good too!=D=

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    That was very poignant. Well done =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely writing and that song so fitting for her thoughts.

5. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thank you angry_bendu. Let's hope Jeanny will get over her trauma one day and live a normal life anyway. It won't be easy, though.[face_worried]

Poignant, Alexis? I always thought that implied 'short'? This is far from short...;)

Ah, yes, you might even understand the German parts, earlybird. I considered translating them, but - naw. It's good to hear that the whole bending of thoughts to fit the lyrics doesn't show.:)

[i]Es ist kalt hier, wir müssen weg hier, komm![/i]

Night closed in on them, bringing a cold that seemed to burn on her hot skin. Her breath formed little clouds that were torn from her lips as she ran. Even Zoran was slowing down by now, and Jeanny knew they would soon halt. Stay for the night, prepare for an assault; she didn't want to die, even if living hurt like that. She saw Ranja's body fall in her mind again.

It hurt. Just as Master Zoran had predicted, losing a friend was the worst that could happen to you. It hurt even worse than the incident with Warren.

[i]"Dein Lippenstift ist verwischt."[/i]

Jeanny remembered the words as if it had been yesterday. She had taken such care with the make-up, trying to apply not too much, but still enhancing her face. She had been watching Warren from the distance for some time, and he definitely was a sucker for girls with make-up. So she had applied some. It seemed a logical step to take.

It turned out that logic was not always applicable to people. Warren had not noticed her any more than before. She had put herself in his way more than once, trying to get his attention, but it never worked. Only once, and that one time, what did he tell her, 'your make-up's askew'. She had felt like crying. He had been laughing as he said it.

Zoran had not laughed at her, he had just said that attachment was forbidden for reasons, but she would have to fins out herself. Her Master slowed down to a trot, turning into the underbrush suddenly. Following through the scratching branches, they came on a small opening in the rock. Zoran smiled lopsidedly, beckoning her in. It was almost like back then, when she had been too hurt and too ashamed and hidden in the small retreat she and Ranja had woven into the bushes. It had been just a remark, a perfunctory sentence to a girl of no importance, but she had felt like being on fire. Curled up in the small space, it had not taken long for Ranja to turn up. He was always there.

"Lipstick, huh?" he had commented as he crept through the opening, snatching the item from her hand and scrutinizing it.

[i]"Du hast ihn gekauft ...und ich hab es gesehen," [/i]

he had simply said. "I suspected why you did it, but I didn't believe Warren would be such a bumpkin." Ranja settled down next to her. "He's a lump, forget about him."

Jeanny had stared straight ahead, pretending to ignore him. But Ranja knew her. Poking her side he took the red colour, waving it through the air.

"I know! I'll draw you a gashing would on the throat with it. We'll have them all completely shocked!" He grinned, shoving the lipstick at her. "And I will tell everybody it was Warren."

"Aw, Ranja! Grow up."

A fight over the lipstick had ensued, ending with red colour everywhere except in the lipstick itself. Some branches still showed traces of it days later. But she had felt better afterwards, returning to her rooms in a good mood. She had looked in her smeared face, red lines crisscrossing her features and robes, it looked most ridiculous.

[i]Zu viel rot auf deinen Lippen, [/i]

She had wiped it away with a deft movement. Jeanny had never used make-up again after that, trying to convince herself that it mattered more who you are than how you looked. Zoran had supported her. She watched as he removed any signs of their passing. If you couldn't rely on the Force to manage everything for you, you learned to handle things yourself.

"Never be dependent on just one thing," Zoran had lectured her. "If you should ever lose it, you will be lost."

Jeanny did not feel

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I just found this and loved it! Beautiful work!

"Never be dependent on just one thing," Zoran had lectured her. "If you should ever lose it, you will be lost."

=D=

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice work so fitting to that song=D==D=

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Mel, love, you are amazing. I am speechless here!

[:D]

What you did to that Falco song... wowowow! Please find the time to use more gorgeous songs. What about "Out of the dark"?

9. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thank you Vadey. :D I just remembered this and decided to do the long overdue replies. Sorry for that. [face_blush] And Zoran is right there, if you ask me.

I always wanted the song to be connected to something good, earlybird, it got such bad publicity. :( Glad you liked it.

Am not, Azure.[face_not_talking] Or maybe just a little bit...
    I don't think I'll do songfics so often. They're fun but song and story really have to become one; that's difficult. And 'Out of the Dark' is a Vampire-song in my book.[face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.