main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Jedi 80 fanfilm...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Yiddle_ja, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yiddle_ja

Yiddle_ja Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Hey there first time poster but have been here quite a while. I should probably be posting this in the fanfilm section however i am looking for any help for a fanfilm that is being worked on. The script is nearly complete and we plan on starting to shoot soon (hopefully). For those that are interested in the Ottawa Region, feel free to contact me at Jedi.80.fanfilm@gmail.com I will try to answer the questions as best i can. Thank you for your interest.

2. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Any way we could get a script summary? :D

3. Yiddle_ja

Aug 17, 2005
    sure thing...Basically the idea is to have Star Wars in the 80's.

There are 2 jedis going against the evil Rap-pire. The Rap-pire are out to destroy Rock&Roll forever by creating a superweapon that will take over the airwaves and play Rap and only Rap. It's up to our heros to infiltrate their base and destroy the superweapon. However the Sith will get in the way. Will our heroes arrive in time to destroy the superweapon....?

Only time will tell........

4. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    If you need any help with image editing I can help, but that's the only thing I'm really good at.

5. Yiddle_ja

Aug 17, 2005
    as in special FX?

6. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    I can do really basic special effects, but I'm more of a 2D graphics kinda guy. I can rotoscope lightsabers and do basic 3D stuff though.

7. Yiddle_ja

Aug 17, 2005
    we actually got an FX guy now (thank god) and the script is coming along nicely...a few rewrites going on. The usual adding and removing of certain elements. As for the 2d stuff...perhaps I can get you to make us a poster when we have some material filmed...

8. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    Cool, just send off a PM if you need anything :)

9. Hudson1138

Hudson1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2005
    i talked with Yiddle_ja and sent him a picture of myself and he said maybe i could play a SITH! :):)

10. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
  11. Yiddle_ja

Aug 17, 2005
    well here is the latest... I just received Version 2 of the script. Now I have to go throu it again and doctor it up make sure that everything is kosher. From the looks of it...we are talking about filming all the interior shots over the winter and when the weather permits in the spring the exterior shots. I'll keep you updated on the situation. However i am short of actors....any suggestions?

12. Kryst_Niteflame

Kryst_Niteflame Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    That's right. It's actually the 3rd copy of the script I've written so far, Ver 2.0.
    I am currently working on character/costume concept design, thing. After I run them thru Yidd, I'll see about possibly posting them here. This is our first project, and we're very excited about it. So excited that I'm already thinking ideas for a sequel....but I'll listen to Yidd and not get ahead of myself. We're still looking for more people. Mainly for members of the Evil Galactic Rap-pire. And a few others, which I won't go into detail. Other than the script nearing completion (I hope), the "offical" (so far) movie crwal is done. Oh yeah, and as for the title, it's quite simple. Hawaii Five-0......Jedi Eight-0. Eight-0, for the glorious 80's.
    Oh, and one last thing. This one's got some nice Canadian content...hehehe...
    Rock on dudes!

13. Yiddle_ja

Aug 17, 2005
    yeah thanx for the conceptual pics by the way...I'll try to post a few here within the next few days...

14. Kryst_Niteflame

Aug 25, 2005
    Well, script 3.0 is now being reviewed by Yiddle. So far things look promising. Still need actors to fill minor rolls. 80's dress code is essential, but I can always take a visit to value village for any costume requirements. As Yidd mentionned, I've done a few conceptual drawings, and a few more he hasn't seen yet. Mainly of starships and a character or two. Plans for a blue room are in the process. Things are moving somewhat slowly but steadily, so that is alright. I feel the script is nearing a final green light. Hopefully we can get a website up and running with updates, conceptual pics and maybe even the opening crawl.
    Give us a shout if you're interested. Remember, we are in the Ottawa/Gatineau region. Most of the shooting will happen in Ottawa.
    Let the 80's live! Join Jedi Eight-0 for a fanfilm to remember!

Kryst Niteflame

jedi.80.fanfilm@gmail.com to reach Yiddle and myself.

15. Kryst_Niteflame

Aug 25, 2005
    Still looking for people. Upcoming events will probably delay production and such, but this project is definetely still got the green light.

Contact me personally via email, niteflame@gmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.