main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Jedi a Proper religion in our society???

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, Apr 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I would sign that census for 'JEDI' to become a proper religion. I think that it would be excellent fun.

Who would sign it here?

2. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    Daniel,
    That is a great question!! I'm not religious and I intend no offence to those that are.

Religion or you right to believe is a very personal thing. For me, born Anglican(C of E) I did not have the choice, it was assumed for me. Although I now do not follow it.

Can I see some "Jedi" thing-YES, I believe in a higher "thing" I do believe that everything is connected. I would like to believe that people can offer others greater than themselves.

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. The principles used by GL for the Jedi code are principles he's taken from existing religions. Most religions teach those same principles even if their members don't always follow them. People turn from established religion because of the hypocricy of people who say they follow it and don't. Would it really be that different if people said they follow the jedi code and still treat others like dirt? It's a nice fantasy based in a supurb story but that's all it is.
    I don't think the person who originally came up with the jedi on census idea was really serious.
    As much as I like starwars, I take the census seriously because of the useful information it provides and I also take my faith seriously.

4. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    As I take mine, however it has no name and has no place of worship to go into. It requires no donations and does not ask or advise people how to live.

My religion is simple-I believe in the good of everyone regardless of race, colour, thought, or the belief they have in other religions.

My belief does not stand above any other's, for me it just is. Everyone needs some source, some idea of a higher thing if your's is God than so be it, there is nothing wrong with that.

5. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I think that's great. I just think it's a little silly the way people are taking the whole jedi as a religion thing so seriously. I think it's good for a laugh to speculate about putting somehitng like that on a census form but actually doing it is very different. Doing that would pretty much make a mockery of religion IMHO, which is something a lot of people take very seriously.
    Starwars was never intended to be taken seriously. I certainly don't think that the census folks will take it seriously if anyone lists 'jedi'. There is such a thing as going too far.

6. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't think "Jedi" should be a religion but some of the things make sence(just as other points of view in religion make sense)
    On the day when it asks for religion I'll answer:
    None.
    Other.
    Atheist.
    Which ever hits me first..Because although I do believe in something higher, I don't think it's God(NO-offence meant)

7. Darth_Mayhem

Darth_Mayhem Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2001
    None taken.. but next time I shall smite thee... [face_devil]

8. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
  9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    A Sith God? That would explain Billy Graham. ;)

10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah well I don't believe in god. My father was religious but I haven't been brought up in a religious family. I believe in the theory of evolution. I'm a science person not a religious person. :)

11. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Moving back on topic before this becomes something that has no place being discussed here,
    Who is putting Jedi on there form? I am.

12. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Well I am to :)
    I hope ALL Star Wars fans do

13. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    I believe in the principle of it, but not the word as a belief. :)

14. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    hhhhmmmmmmmmm let me think it over.....NO!!
    now sith is some thing to think about none of this namby pamby goody goody two shoes crud if you have a light saber and some one is pissing you off you dont awww gee can we talk about this
    no you whip it out and go alright scum bag bring it on :p

15. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    Geez, Sith Star where were you when I needed my EX-Boss to get a hit!!!!

16. Risa

Risa Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2001
    Well I might as well put Jedi on my form
    If there is a god, I dont think he likes me

17. Princess_Lego

Princess_Lego Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    If I didn't already have a religion I believed in, then I would do it. But I do, so I won't.

I'm sure there are a lot of religions that are just made up anyway, so one more won't make that much difference.

18. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Well I'm not religious so I believe in it then :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.