main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Academy: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by OnlyOneKenobi, Dec 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet-Eye-Blah

Jet-Eye-Blah Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    I've only "beated" it once with a Rodian lightsider. Now I'm working on it with a male Human darksider. I was just about to beat the (extemely stressful) Chandrilla mission when I accidentally deleted the game and must now do the entire level over again.

That Rift Sanctuary was one of the most impressive places in the GFFA. A disruptor rifle is your best friend in that level.

2. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    One thing I actually found is you can kill Cultists with the missle launcher. Don't shoot it at them or they'll push it back at you. Shoot it at their feet and they'll jump back and (hopefully) go flying off a cliff. Try it with the first cultist, but not the reborns.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

3. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I was hoping someone could help me out. I was playing multiplayer early and I noticed that other players where doing some cool things little things like sitting down and bowing before a duel.

Could someone tell me how to do a few of these things?

4. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    I think those are just commands. I don't have Jedi Academy so can anyone tell me about the multiplayer play? Good? Ok? Bad?

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    OK what would they be??

As for MP it's great :D

6. DrowsEvagus

DrowsEvagus Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2003
    I just received Jedi Academy for PC in the mail. I won it on ebay without realizing it's the Asian version (it said it was the English version on the page). So far, it's all in English, but I'm wondering if I can expect any differences before I leave positive feedback for the seller.

What are the non-aesthetic differences between light sabers?

7. Frank1212

Dec 16, 2001
    Is CD1 or CD2 used for install?

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Tell you what. Put in CD1, and see if the game installs. If not, put in CD2.

9. Frank1212

Dec 16, 2001
    Oh alright, thanks. Can both cds be used to play the game?

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    These are mighty weird questions. Per chance do you have a copy you've burned / downloaded / pirated?

11. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm suspecting using one purchased game on two computers.

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Ahh. The old multiplayer with a friend conundrum...

13. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I liked this game a lot. Using two lightsabers at a single time was awesome. However, I am dissapointed in the final battle. It was way too easy. I was expecting something much more challenging than that.

By the way, I've played the game two times now, playing both as a lightside character and a darkside character. Playing as a darkside character is definately harder because not only do you have to kill the Reborn Jedi, you also have to kill the regular Jedi. Simply put, if you play as a darkside character, you must kill everything that moves. It's fun though :D

14. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I rented it this weekend to give it a try before I purchased it (when shelling out $50 bucks per XBox game, I like to be selective ;) ), and, as of now, I have yet to be very impressed. I'm still in the training missions so I hope the levels get a bit more challenging. It just seems a little to easy to get through the levels. The "secret areas" are more obvious than Ana Nicole's boobs. If you've played JKI, II and Mysteries of the Sith, this game isn't anything new and different.

Although the cut scenes are cool, the rest of the game just feels like the game developers were asleep at the wheel. I hope in the later levels it gets a bit more interesting.

15. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    I still haven't finished single player... and multiplayer's pretty much dead already. This game was something of a disappointment. :(

16. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    *sigh*

Well, it hasn't gotten any better, IMO. Dual lightsaber action is cool, but the programming is just boring. Fight the single lightsabered Sith, move to the dual lightsabered one, then to the double-bladed, etc, etc. Maybe this games sole appeal is the multiplayer option.

17. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    "I still haven't finished single player... and multiplayer's pretty much dead already. This game was something of a disappointment."

Which is really sad IMO because I have really enjoyed the power duel servers. Unfortunately I have a really hard time finding a good server to join now days. I'm about ready to uninstall the game because I rarely play it anymore.

The SP was good but I have little interest in playing through it again. Oh well. :(

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I really like the SP mission plotlines. I thought the missions were varied & fun.

Never realy bothered with MP, but that's because I'm on dialup at the end of the Earth.

But there are some spiffing mods being made, so I think there's life in the old game yet!

19. Ben-GaSovan

Ben-GaSovan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2003
    Ive got some questions hopefully someone can answer. there is a rumor on the net that you can unlock Yoda for multiplayer if you beat the game in Jedi master mode.

Is this true?

Can he be played online?

Do you just have to beat the game, light side and/or dark, or do you have to get all those secret areas too?

Anyone with info. would be my new best friend.

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, in the PC version of the game, there's no Yoda model, so I highly doubt it. If you're talking x-box, I dunno.

There are user made mods of a Yoda model you can add in the PC version, and it wouldn't bee too difficult to tweak the game so he's the playable character.

21. Ben-GaSovan

Ben-GaSovan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2003
    Yeah Im sorry, for x-box.

22. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Maybe this game's sole appeal is the multiplayer option.

Yup, you pretty much guessed it. You win the Kewpie doll (old TV show reference).

Another appealing facet of this game (whether intentional or not) is that it's supposedly more mod friendly than Jedi Outcast.

23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I for one preferred the Single Player missions of Academy to Outcast.

24. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yeah, I like the Academy missions. They are not as long as the ones in Outcast (at least the first three or four that I've played).

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I like the variation of mission goals, and not being stuck on the same planet for mission after mission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.