main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Academy: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by OnlyOneKenobi, Dec 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    i wish they'd make another jedi knight game, but one that follows the PT or the OT stories.

2. Jole

Jole Jedi Master star 3

Dec 12, 1998
    For the multiplayer, is there a way to determine who is on your team for Team FFA or CTF? I tried changing the order of players on the setup page but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

When I change teams it puts three on one team and one on the other. We want to play two of us against a team of bots.

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Don't you just pick "red or blue" from the character screen?

4. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    I noticed there aren't nearly as many mods and maps for JA as there are for JO. Will JO maps and mods work on JA?

5. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    One more question about JA. If Alora could find out that Luke went to Dagobah using the Echo Base Computers, how is it that Vader did not find this same information when he and his snowtroopers invaded the base?

6. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Vader was lazy?

7. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Or Vader didn't care, or knew Yoda was on Dagobah, and didn't care to face him?

8. chrispotts

chrispotts Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2004
    does anyone have a homemade software programme to make levels and skins? i've been struggling to find one, something similar to that levelcreator that came with tomb raider chronicles if any one is familiar with that.

9. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    For mapping you are looking for JARadient or Q3Radient. For skinning you pretty much need Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. Modelling would require Milkshape 3d or GMax/3D Studio Max.

10. J_Kode

J_Kode Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2004
    anyone know how to do attack kata for 2 sabers? i'm not talking the one where you create a saber barrier, but when you spin the sabers super fast that it creats a trail behind them (like attack kata with single and dual-sided sabers....not the one you do when you crouch and hit forward + attack). allura does it when you fight her the 2nd time, and so do some of the evil jedi guys with 2 sabers. if you know, please share. thanks.

11. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    There's a graphics problem I'm running into and just if you were wondering, I installed the update.

2 words...BLOCKS EVERYWHERE!! Everywhere I look except for a few select places, there's gray boxes with a white outline. I see them in the sky (everywhere in the sky) and on the ground. It was fine before but now it's just total chaos.

Just thought someone here would know, so any help would be appreciated :).

12. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    Ooh, yay...just ran into something else [face_plain]. On the Correlia and Hoth missions the scenery is pitch red. I can only see something when I'm almost touching it. It it supposed to be like this or is another graphics glitch?

13. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Mine's like that two, except on Correllia it's gray, and on Hoth it's white. And is there a skip mission code?

14. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Finally finished the game today. I thoroughly enjoyed the game but I enjoyed Jedi Outcast more. The only dissapointment I had with Jedi Academy was the end boss. He was too easy even on the hardest setting.

15. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I just have a question about multiplayer on the X-Box version. Can you do a seige game on a bot match? I have it, but can't see to find a way to play seige on bot.

wolf

16. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I think the game is fantastic I'd say the Darkside is better because you can have a great battle with Kyle at the end bit like Obi Wan and Anakin will do in Episode III a specially when I recently played it at Jedi Master level and I had this really long duel with Kyle were we fought with lightsabers and hand to hand combat as well it was brilliant, I want a sequel called Star Wars Jedi Knight: The Darkside were you pickup from the Darkside ending and you try and wipe out the Jedi and take control of the Republic that would be great just imagine it, anyway great game better then Outcast.

17. Darth_Kermit

Darth_Kermit Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2003
    Hey Guys. I don't usually post in this forum. I'm a native of the 3SA.

I'm curious, what news is there of a new Jedi Knight Game? Something to follow up after Jedi Academy? Or another Kyle Katarn Game?

Please PM me if you have some info.

Thanks!

18. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Nothing yet. There are three other FPS's in the works (Battlefront, Republic Commando & Imperial Commando (rumoured)), and so it's unlikely any more Kyle Katarn games will be announced until those other FPS's are done & released.

If there is another Dark Forces game, it'll be announced here;

Why Jedi knight 4: Jedi Council [the sad but inevitable truth]

19. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I prefered Acedemy to outcast, it's just to cool and so ace, i must have completed it over 20 times and im still no where near bored of it, i enjoy it so much.

How do you open up the console, (if you can on pc)

20. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Shift ~

¤Night

21. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
  22. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    That doesnt work.
    let me get it straight, shift then ~?

23. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    If you're on a UK keyboard, I think it's ` (top left corner)

24. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    thank you, ill see if that works

EDIT: I've opened up the console, but none of the cheats work, does anyone have any codes that will work on an english keyboard? My most wanted are, Boba Fett skin and X-wing.

thanks

25. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    Hey I was just playing some multiplayer online on Jedi Academy and the people playing on the servers seem to whine and complain a lot. Do you guys think so too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.