main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Academy: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by OnlyOneKenobi, Dec 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EMRYS_FARSEER

EMRYS_FARSEER Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2001

Hi. I'm new on these boards. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a sequel to Jedi Academy in the works, and if so, any details. Thanks!

2. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    why does the x_wing cheat never work.

love how boba can get more cut up then normal.

3. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    Ok, I'm having a little problem with one of the MP maps I have, but it's not the problem I'm having trouble with. It's how to fix it. There's a few textures missing in the map and I want to put some textures in. Yes, I've gotten to the point where I've extracted everything in WinZip but I have a bunch of files sitting in front of me and I have no clue what to do next :p. Any help would really be appreciated; I'm a bit of a perfectionist and these gray boxes are starting to irritate me.

4. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    Well I just got off of JA multiplayer(I played for over 6 hours). I roleplayed this time around, it was actually pretty cool. If anyone wants to ask me questions about it they can...

5. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I love lameing at thoughs dumb duel servers!

my name is han_solo_321 and I play onlie all the time lameing and annoying thoses servers!

If they really make me mad I spam and lag the server :)

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You rock.

7. cal31

cal31 Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2004
    Ok can someone answer a question for me that I've had about this game for awhile. Why is Bobba Fett even in the game? I mean wasn't he killed in ROTJ, or did I miss something. Otherwise this was a kick ass game, not as good as KOTOR, but still good.

8. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    "Ok can someone answer a question for me that I've had about this game for awhile. Why is Bobba Fett even in the game? I mean wasn't he killed in ROTJ, or did I miss something."

Yes you did miss something. First of, the Sarlaac pit doesnt kill people, it slowly digests them. According to the Expanded Universe, Boba Fett survives in the Sarlaac pit for a couple years(think it was 4) till he finds a new jetpack in the throat of the Sarlaac and escapes. Hence why he appears in Jedi Academy alive and well.

9. cal31

cal31 Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2004
    Ok, thanks that helps a lot, that was just really bugging me. But how did he live for 4 years in the Sarlaac, I mean what did he eat, drink, etc.?

10. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    He blasted his way out of the sarlacc a relatively short while after he fell in. A matter of days I beleive.

¤Night

11. cal31

cal31 Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2004
    Did he just find a gun in the Sarlaac or did he have another one, since Luke slashed the gun he had with his saber.

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    He probably found a gun from one of Jabba's minions who also ended up in the pit. Or he used his flamethrower. Or jetpack. Or swiss army knife.

13. pgoodyea

pgoodyea Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2004
    I love KOTOR and most things Star Wars. Is this game worth renting or should I just play through KOTOR another time? Is the game like KOTOR or is it a FPS?

14. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ..well, this is more of an FPS...

Though, as you'll be using your lightsaber fort he majority of the game, it's more like a 3rd person shooter..

Still, lotsa fun. A bit more freedom in combat then you have in KOTOR..

KOTOR has more story to it, and will take you longer to play, but JEDI ACADEMY is fun enough that i actually played thru it a couple times (i rarely do that with games, anymore, so that's saying something)

15. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    Hope someone around here can help me. I uninstalled JA a while ago and yesturday I decided to reinstall and get back into the game. Enter the problem: Multiplayer does not work.

I open multiplayer from the menu screen or in safe mode, and either way, a message pops up telling me that the game encountered a problem and needs to close. Before I uninstalled it, I did download skins and levels and the like, but I never had any problem with any of it. I think I even deleted most if not all of the downloads before I uninstalled.

I've checked the troubleshoot guide and numerous other things but I just can't get multiplayer to work. It isn't just the online part eiter as I can't play against bots or even start up multiplayer. Anyone think they can help me?

16. Jedi_Master_Scou

Jedi_Master_Scou Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2005
    Did he just find a gun in the Sarlaac or did he have another one, since Luke slashed the gun he had with his saber.

He used a farly large thermal detonator to heavly injure (and possibly kill) the sarlacc so he could go back up the throat. The explosion badly injured him and desroyed most of his armor (he did get new stuff later). That answer all the questions?

17. ExarKunundrum

ExarKunundrum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    I love KOTOR and most things Star Wars. Is this game worth renting or should I just play through KOTOR another time? Is the game like KOTOR or is it a FPS?

It depends on what you love about KOTOR. JA has, IMHO, the finest lightsabre combat system around. It's very frantic and fluid. All in all, it depends much more on your own personal skill rather than what sort of modifiers and feats your character has. It's a blast. And the force powers rock. :D

18. MasterJedi101

MasterJedi101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    Hey which saber style on JA do u guys think is the best. My opinion is the fast style.

19. ExarKunundrum

ExarKunundrum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    Hey which saber style on JA do u guys think is the best. My opinion is the fast style.

I don't often use the single saber, but I'm with you on the fast style being the best. It's indefinate chaining is far more forgiving than the other styles, and it's far better for fighting multiple opponents.

20. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    I prefer the saber, but I think that's because I'm a n00b.

21. Az_Lionheart

Az_Lionheart Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    i am guessing the one player version of this is good but is the multiplayer?

i and thinking of getting this game but i want it to have a really good MP. does it allow bots? and can you do two player on xbox?

22. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    Multiplayer is better. The one player storyline is pretty lame. The problem is that there aren't that many people playing, and the ones who are seem to have been playing for a loooong time!

23. Az_Lionheart

Az_Lionheart Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    is it possible to do none olnine multiplay on xbox.

1/2p vs bots?

24. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
  25. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.