main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Academy: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by OnlyOneKenobi, Dec 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Listen. Obiwankenoibi-ben KYLE IS IN THE GAME. OK. Understand? Good.

As for whether the game is a hoax, as I said I'm 80/20 thinking it's real, but I'll just wait for a press release on lucasarts.com before I get too excited.

The real odd thing for me is that the release of this game will conflict with the marketing for Galaxies and KOTOR, which is mighty strange.

2. _Darth_Vega_

_Darth_Vega_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    http://forums.ravensoft.com/ib/ikonboard.pl?;act=ST;f=7;t=19292;hl=jedi+knight+3
    It has been confirmed.

3. obi-wankenobiben

obi-wankenobiben Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    JP, I still don't get it is Kyle in the game? :D

4. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I won't belive anything about this till the 2nd.

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Can Raven comment on this?

It is real - not an April Fools joke...
    "

That last comment was made by a Raven Senior Staff Member over at the link that _Darth_Vega_ provided! :D Looks like this thing is real! w00000h00000000! :D

P.S. Though JP's right, it's weird of them to release it at the same time as Galaxies and KOTOR. I guess the floodgates of goodwill and good games at LucasArts have broken loose for this fall. :D (even though I'm only getting KOTOR and JKIII. :D )

6. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    I dont know, kind of suspicious.

"-not an april Fool's Joke..."
    What could be at the end of that ?[face_plain]

7. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    It'd be great if JK3 would have manual defense that the user would need to do, not the automatic ones in JK2.

8. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Raven would not go along with this if it were a joke. That would be terrible business practice.

9. jlprime

jlprime Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    I too don't believe this is a joke, IGN ran a story on it today:

Jedi Knight III

The whole create-your-own character with non-linear gameplay thing sounds promising...

10. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    what EU Era will this be in? New Jedi Order maybe? That'd rule...

11. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Pre-NJO. Post-Outcast.

12. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I quoted Jeff and jp in the latest TFN article :)

¤Night

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Where's my cheque?

:p

14. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    You guys should really check out this thread at JKII.net's LucasForum for the lowdown on the game. ChangKhan[RAVEN] (Mike Gummelt, lead gameplay designer - great guy) is answering questions in the thread. Go right to his post.

-It is indeed a full game, not an expansion. May not be JKIII, as the DF series follows Kyle Katarn.

We are planning on adding one entirely new MP game type, but we're not discussing it right now...

THE SUSPENSE IS GOING TO KILL ME.

15. jawaclone

jawaclone Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2003
    I think this is a hoax and this is why. Seems a little odd to me.

16. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    The lead gameplay designer is posting on JKII.net. It is not a hoax, for heaven's sake. He CONFIRMED beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are making it.

17. Chandler

Chandler Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2003
    jawaclone
    I think this is a hoax and this is why. Seems a little odd to me.

I don't believe that is proof of a hoax... it just means the people who run the site are lazy. If you look at the X-Men game on there, it says the same thing. They probably just used it as a template and forgot to remove the X-Men stuff.

18. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "We are planning on adding one entirely new MP game type, but we're not discussing it right now..."

W000000000000000H000000000000! But I also agree with Dane. [face_suspenseiskillingme]

But, I dunno, there were two "new Multiplayer gameplay modes" announced for Jedi Outcast. They were the oh-so-fun-and-original, Jedi Holocron and Jedi Master. [sarcasm] woohoo. [/sarcasm]

So, my point is, this "entirely new MP mode" will probably not be what we're hoping for (Co-Op and/or Team-Based stuff). :(

19. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Jedi Master is actually a pretty fun game mode, but no one plays it.

20. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Like, w00t.

21. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The link was activated, if you have the right code you can win Jedi Outcast plus the newest issue of Gamestar.
    Nothing about JK3.

I know the code, but I already own it.

22. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Well I'm totally excited about this game. As far as it interfering with KTOR or Galaxies, I seriously doubt that JK3 will really be out this year. More likely it will be out next spring so it wont interefere with the other two. Of course this is all just MHO.

23. Mistress Qui-Gon

Mistress Qui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 1999
    This is amusing to read, my boyfriend is an artist at Raven working on the game in question and it definitely exists. I have been seeing art for it for the past 6 months. I guess some people can't believe a thing till it shows up in the AMERICAN gaming magazines, even if Raven confirms it. The premise as I understand it is that you are a student of Kyle Katarn at a Jedi academy and you go through various training missions. You get to pick your character's gender, species, skin color, separate elements of clothing, etc, with a huge number of possible combinations. At least one level takes place on Tatooine fighting sand people and Jawas. In another you fight a rancor. In another you fight Boba Fett. There are some fighting innovations but I don't know a lot about that. There was initially a question about whether this would be marketed as an "expansion pack" to JK2 or its own game, but fortunately once Lucasarts (which still controls the direction of the marketing) saw the most recent build they were convinced that it was different enough and cool enough to succeed as its own thing. I haven't even read the information that is out there so I have no idea if any of this is news. This is more or less all I know about it, I'm not a gaming person.

24. Mistress Qui-Gon

Mistress Qui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 1999
    To the person who doubted it would be out this year, I think it's supposed to be out some time this summer. Definitely not next spring.

25. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Yeah, I know that's what they said (and I hope that it really happens, believe me!) but just from past experience with Raven (and about every other gaming company out there) projected release dates just don't mean much. Usually the games just don't come out on the projected release date. That's why I think it will be out next year and not this. But, let's hope I'm wrong! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.