main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Academy: Jedi Knight 3 will you get it.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthNeil, Sep 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthNeil

DarthNeil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2003
    I have now got the game, it is like 1000 time's better than outcast this game rules.

2. Branthoris

Branthoris Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2002
    I will definitely get it.

I loved both Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith all those years ago. Funnily enough, despite the far superior graphics, Jedi Outcast didn't really engage me (although I'm forcing myself to complete it once on Medium before I get Jedi Academy on Monday). JK2 is excellent for gameplay, but the storyline no way matches up to the original Jedi Knight.

I hope Jedi Academy is as good as I expect it to be. It does seem to be coming too short a time after Jedi Outcast, though. As pointed out at the beginning of this thread, JK was without a sequel from 1997 to 2002. A MOTS-style expansion for JO would have been more appropriate.

3. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    I think that you will like this game then Branthoris it rocks.

4. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    Well I just got it today from HMV for £34.99
    popped into Virgin afterwards to find it on offer for £29.99 and you can another game half price.

Damn

5. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    I hate it when that happens.

6. Frraksurred

Frraksurred Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2003
    Well, I bought JA the day it released.

I'm playing it on a 900mhz T-Bird, 256RAM with Audigy/5.1 Promedia's and Radeon 9700 Pro.

I've owned and played all the DF/JK games, each good in their own right.

I have to agree JA felt like an expansion pack to JO (although a long one). The saber fighting is definately it's highlight, but I didn't think the story was as good as JO. Still, making puree of Sith with a double ended saber makes up for a whole lot. :D A lot of missions got built around wanting to have this cameo or that cameo. All in all I think it was worth the $. It will keep me entertained until Dues Ex 2 and Half-Life 2 come out. :eek:

7. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    There where not that many cameos in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.