main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Jedi Academy

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by udm, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. udm

udm Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2006
    Anyone still have it? There's this great mod called Movie Battles, that really changes the original gameplay of Jedi Academy multiplayer. Duels really replicate the movies' styles of fighting (well almost, it is suicide to run around in circles and spamming with staff or red single saber)

I play it online now and then, but end up with over 200 ping in populated servers. So I was thinking if any Singaporeans here are interested in hosting our own server and playing

For those who are interested, check out the website for more features of the mod. I'll try and elaborate on some here

Essentially, the gameplay is more akin to CS than Quake-FFA. There are 2 possible gameplays in MBII: Duel and Movie Battles. Duel is basically the same in Jedi Academy, except that the whole saber combat has been revamped. You no longer just run around in circles and blindly mash the directional keys while holding down the attack button. It's all based on skill and accuracy. Blocking requires the block button to be held, and your saber needs to touch the other guy's to successfully block

Movie Battles game mode is a team based mode where you have two different teams with their own unique classes. After selecting the team/class you want, you're given the option to allocate points to skills eg. wookies can increase strength and stamina, or use the points to upgrade their bowcasters; rebels can spend points on having more lives ie. re-spawn when they die, or they can spend points on having better weapons. It's very cool, and in Authentic mode, you really feel like you're watching another variation of the movie that the scene takes place in. The classes are also very well balanced out, so you get those "omg" moments where Jedi and Sith duke it out in a corridor, while the stormtroopers and madalorians are swapping fire with the rebels and heroes

For those of you who have Jedi Academy and wish to try this out, send me a PM. I've been looking for people to play this with these few days heh, I like Star Wars and really, this mod is a gift from above. Too bad not many Singaporeans around still holding on to Jedi Academy. Anyone? :)

2. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    That would be interesting to watch... Unfortunately I play (or used to play) Jedi Acad on Xbox, and not PC.

3. udm

udm Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2006
    Man that's too bad. Jedi Academy isn't a bad game on its own, but as a Star Wars game, or even a sword fighting game, it can't really distinguish itself much from the others of the same genre out there

On the sidenote, I've uploaded a video of MB2 on youtube.com, so you guys can check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccLg7qdJRoI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.