main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Jedi and counseling needs

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Invictus, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Looking at Legends major Jedi it seems from a psychological standpoint their just about all needing counseling.

Jacen is tortured and goes through a major philosophical/religious change/crisis. Tahiri loses her boyfriend and apparently never comes to terms with it.

Not to mention the post-NJO with lots more people probably needing intense counseling sessions.

What do you all think? Do all Jedi need counsellors on hand?

2. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    I'm not familiar enough with the NJO era stuff, but the OJO actually did have counselors readily available. From Shatterpoint:

Many survivors of Geonosis suffer from nightmares. I have heard tale after tale from the Jedi healers who have counseled them. Nightmares are inevitable; there has not been such a slaughter of Jedi since the Sith War, four thousand years ago. None of them could have imagined how it would feel to stand in that arena, surrounded by the corpses of their friends, in the blazing orange noon and the stench and the blood-soaked sand. I may be the only veteran of Geonosis who doesn’t have nightmares of that place.

It's a shame Anakin obviously wasn't fully honest with any of them either.