main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Jedi and Sith Council Chat room

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JediLeia21, Mar 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLeia21

JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    hi, as i mention at the last meet, i don't know if any one heard me ( ok, u can all stop laughing now ) LD wanted to know if there was a chat room that the outer rimmers can chat in , i just wanted to let u know that if u ever need to make a chat room avaliable then by all means u can use mine chat room .

Because , i'm just making a point here , as most of us are regular users of the net, if u are a beginner or have used the net not as often (if u don't have your own computer ) then i don't know if u felt the same way , but i felt a little intimated by writing on a msg board , because i had never written on one before , but cause everyone is so used to chat rooms on the net , maybe cause some ppl are too shy to post in a msg board system , now i'm not saying to move away from the msg board system , why would i , it brings us more ppl for outer rim and more ppl to hopefully become friends with , but i'm just saying that if the need ever arises for the chat room , it's there for u to use .
    Anyway enough of me going on and on
    here's the link if u want it
    http://communities.msn.com/JediSithCouncil

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm the other way round as far as past experience goes. I've used the Internet for years but I've barely ever used chat rooms. I've always been more into thing like this (mostly usenet). They just don't appeal to me. I'd rather have a discussion in a place like this where everyone can think about their posts before posting them. Chat forums are way too chaotic and un-productive for my liking. If you want to set up a chat forum though, then go for it. I might even drop in from time to tome.

3. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm the same as Soneil, Chat never really appealed to me. The FF is about as Chatty as I get Internet wise, I had ICQ once but that just racked me off so I find peace and tranquility here on the boards. :)

4. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    I feel very much the same as the last two. I have been using the net for quite some time now and have barely used a chat room. You need to be sitting there typing away for most of the day until someone actually listen to you. I like the boards because it enables me to post what I want to say and then everyone can read it with out it scrolling off the screen.

HOWEVER, chat rooms are still a good idea and I thought about one for the Outer Rim website. Only because if new people start coming in these people MAY have used chat rooms like MIRC before and they would be more use to it then setting up something like this.

I was thinking we could have BOTH. That way we cover a wider range of people. We shall also need a instructions or help page on the site to cater for people who need HELP! :) And then a final option to email one of us for extra help. If we offer this sort of support we are more then likely to keep our members. Just something I thought I might throw at you all, see what you think.

5. JediLeia21

Dec 7, 2000
    but that was the point that i was making , that if u need to use a temp chat room for outer rim then u can use that one :mad:

6. JediLeia21

Dec 7, 2000
    look i'm not saying that it's a must that use the chat room , but all i'm saying if that u want to expand in time and u wanna use that as temp chat room by all means.

i have no intentions of replacing that with the msg board system , as we all like the msg boards and have formed good friendships becuase of them , i'm just saying that if u wish to use it , it's there and i'm not forcing anyone to use it

7. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    I think we understand now...

but can you please untwist my arm, it hurts!! :D

8. JediLeia21

Dec 7, 2000
    ok, i'll let go of your arm

9. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    So how is this thing going JL? [face_devil]

10. JediLeia21

Dec 7, 2000
    i don't know i keep forgetting thechat room is there have the time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.