Jedi Apprentice Discussion Board

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cerassi, Nov 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerassi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, i was browsing throught the message boards and couldn't find a lot on Obi-Wan Kenobi's life stories that were written by Jude Watson and Dave Wolverton. I just wanted to open discussion about the books and ask if anyone knew if there were a 9th book?

-Cerasi
  2. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    In the US, there are currently 11.
  3. Master_Tahl Jedi Knight

star 2
    Theres actually about three threads, but this is a good idea. Have one thread for all of it. :)

And yeah theres 11, 12's coming out in Jan.01
  4. Cerassi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Tuesday the 21st of November:

There are aprox. 546 days left till episode one. Woopie! I was wondering which is everyone's favorite book out of the 11 onces made for Jedi Apprentice...

Also i was wondering what THREADS are..i am new to discussion boards and was just wondering what they are..i'm guessing chat lines????
  5. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Actually, this is a thread. A topic of conversation within a message board. Not as immediate as chat, but that's how it turns out.

Welcome, Cerassi! I don't think I really have a favorite...well, maybe #2, when they're on Bandomeer & QG finally comes around. The last one (#10) really disappointed me, and I haven't found #11 at the bookstore yet.

Apart from OW & QJ, I guess my fave character is Bant. Anyone know if she's been chosen yet, & who her Master is?

--Renata
  6. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well....I really liked 11.
  7. Master_Tahl Jedi Knight

star 2
    Welcome Cerassi =)
    I have two fav. #1 & #11, there both intresting to read and I can't wait till #12 comes out.
  8. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Me neither! I really like Jedi Apprentice books. I think Jude Watson is a great writer.
  9. The Obi-Wan and Only Jedi Master

star 4
    This sucks. I still haven't been able to find #11 yet. :(
  10. Cerassi Jedi Knight

star 1
    keep looking..it'll pop up..use the force.
    hehehe
    -Cerassi
  11. The Obi-Wan and Only Jedi Master

star 4
    It's the stupid city I live in. Our Barnes and Noble might not be getting them in anymore.
  12. Julie Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    I have to order them online myself. The local stores don't order enough of them to keep it in stock. I liked #2 best myself.
  13. Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Master

star 4
    11 was cool! BUT- Obi should have been the one that got captured, IMHO. #2, #3 & #8 were the best. #2 rocked the best!
  14. Master Chbel Jedi Master

star 4
    I've really enjoyed the series. Ten and eleven I found disappointing, but still okay. The next one sounds pretty good though.

I liked Xanatos. Too bad he acidified himself.
  15. Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't like #9 (grrr! Die, Siri, die!) and #10. They dragged along. YES! Another Xani lover! Xanatos was one of the best parts of the books!
  16. The Obi-Wan and Only Jedi Master

star 4
    I got #11 the same day I complained I didn't. :)

Anyway, I think it's good that Qui-Gon got captured for a change. So far it's always been Obi-Wan who seems to be in trouble. My favorite books were the ones where Obi-Wan was on Melida/Daan. I loved those. I liked #9 as well. I can't understand why a lot of people don't like Siri. I found her rather funny at times.
  17. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree - the Melinda/Daan books were very well done. Jude Watson is adept at keeping the reader's interest level high -- i.e., watching Obi-Wan grow as a Jedi, yet remembering to include a bit of teenage "angst." Now that she has taken over the series (#1 and #2 were by Dave), she's establishing a true continuity, ensuring that the characters are kept true to the storyline that we've come to know and love in the JA series. I've read #11, and am very glad to see that Qui-Gon has come into some trouble, and it will be interesting to see how Obi-Wan "rescues" him.
    To keep to the thread, I thought the book with the "swapping heirs" story a little weak (was that #10? I should be able to keep them straight...what can I say). I didn't see much of a Jedi challenge in that one, IMHO.
    The only problem I have with #11 is the atrocious cover (not Jude Watson's doing, obviously -- authors have little if any control over their covers). Other than that, I thought it was A+ -- lots of action and a real plot line.

18. Cerassi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh and by the way..when is number 12 coming out????
    -Cerassi
  19. Jarik Force Ghost

star 4
    Cerassi....
    "There are aprox. 546 days left till episode one."

Uh, do you mean Episode two?

And anyway welcome to the boards. I'm not sure when #12 is coming out, but I think it's some time in December.
  20. Cerassi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Eek! i gotta read #9, 10 and 11 quickly because everyone is giving stuff away about them...i hope they are good but i am getting the idea that they are kinda stinky. We shall see..
    -Cerassi
  21. Ob-Ewan McNobi Jedi Youngling

I believe #12 is coming out in January. And ValedaKor, Dave only wrote #1. :)
  22. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    You are absolutely right, Obi-Ewan McNobi. For some reason I thought that Dave W. had written the first one. Shoulda checked my facts, eh?

Dave set up the series, certainly but Jude Watson has definitely run with it. The scene (was it #2 or #3 - somebody refresh my lame memory here), where Obi-Wan is ready to give up his life, saying "it's my time" -- I just thought that was a magical moment.

Any other scenes stick out in anyone's mind?

23. Cerassi Jedi Knight

star 1
    hehe yea i meant episode two...does anyone know the actualy DATE though? ( no way am i going to do the math on that one...well let me get a calendar...hmmm carry the one...add the five..damnit!!!!!!)

I can't wait to read the 12th book!
  24. Master Chbel Jedi Master

star 4
    I just read #11 and really enjoyed it.

Is anyone else hoping that there is a *darker* force aka a powerful sponser backing the scientist? (And paying for the bounty hunter?)

Finally, some hints at the political intrigue on Coruscant.

(Is Valorum chancellor or do we know?)
  25. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree, Master Chbel, nice to see a little of the prequel background make it into the story.

I don't believe that Valorum has been mentioned as being the Chancellor in any of the previous books, but my memory may be failing me here, so if anyone recalls, I hope they'll report it.

It does seem that the author is trying to build up a little more intrigue with the issues brought up in #11. There's definitely more of a "back story" here than in any of the other books in the series. Up to this point the stories have been rather straightforward -- righting wrongs and fighting for justice, etcetera. Now, with the addition of the "evil" scientist, there are forces at work here that are just being alluded to. Jude Watson can take this in a lot of different directions. It will be very interesting to read the new book, to see what she does with them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.