main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Apprentice Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Master_Domtis, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    I guess I should probably read the rest of them... bah I'll just let yall tell me what happens. How does Tahl die?

2. jEdI_kEnObI80

jEdI_kEnObI80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2003
    Oh she died a painful death...some evil guy named Balog (Chief Security Controller of a planet named New Apsolon) drained her slowly out of life. And then (sigh, this is so sweet), Qui-Gon gets into berserk mode and kinda got closer to the dark side until Tahl's spirity voice stops him.

3. BecJedi

BecJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    Dev_Binks, READ THE BOOKS! YOU HAVE TO READ THE REST OF THEM! *uses jedi mind trick to get Dev_Binks to read rest of the books* You HAVE to read them. I mean, Tahl died, Qui goes nuts! It doesn't matter if you know what happens, YOU STILL HAVE TO READ THEM!

No pressure of course... ;)

4. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I didn't read the books where Tahl died because I can't find JA anywhere and I am not allowed to buy stuff of the internet so I am in a jam.

5. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Oh well in that case Tahl didn't die she just went on a trip we can be in eternal denial who's up for it?

6. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    Seems like a good idea to me.

7. Skywalker_Vader2be

Skywalker_Vader2be Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
  8. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003

I just had a thought (I know that's scary) but I was thinking is there a Tahl/Qui fanlisting? I mean they almost have every other person from the trilogy I think there should be a Tahl/Qui Gon fanlisting

9. jEdI_kEnObI80

Jul 24, 2003
    Hmmm...i don't really know...by the way, has anybody seen a picture of Tahl? I still don't know what she really looks like...i only know she has gold and green-striped eyes, and dark honey skin but her hair colour...? I wonder why the Jedi Apprentice #14: The Ties that Bind didn't show Qui-Gon and Tahl pledging their lives to each other on the title cover... :confused:

That would have been sweet. Anyone agree with me?

10. BecJedi

Jul 27, 2003
    Agree all the way!

11. BecJedi

Jul 27, 2003
    I mean, let's face it, the covers at the end were REALLY lacking imagination in any shape or form. I think its a real shame that we never got to 'see' Tahl. jEdI_kEnObI80, your idea sounds really cool. I would have loved to have seen #14 with a more...Qui/Tahl 'approach'. Heaps of people have said that the ghost like figure on the cover of #15 is Tahl but I mean...it doesn't show you anything! Wait a minute...I'm talking about the covers of books...is this just a little crazy? ;) Well, it is JA... ;) :D

12. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    I figure because it was aimed at a young audience who would prefer action over angst.

I am still thinking they should make a female Jedi apprentice books (It won't happen but it would be very cool)

13. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Yah focus on Siri or Bant. Okay so we're all agreed Tahl never died she just went on a trip for the next century or so.

14. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
    The ghosty figure on the cover of JA #15: The Death of Hope is Balog. Yeah, he looks girly, but it's him.

Good idea, jEdI_kEnObI80! Lol, imagine the two of them (Qui-Gon & Tahl) kissing on the cover? Now that would attract lots of teenagers' attention! :D 8-}

BTW, i don't know what tahl looks like either...

15. Leigh-S-Durron

Leigh-S-Durron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003
    This is the 2nd star wars book series I ever read and I have most of the books.

Just wondering... did anyone else cry in Defenders of the Dead or was it just me?

16. Shint_Sattare

Shint_Sattare Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    w00t!! JA rockz0rz!!! Ok, now that I got that out of my system...

JA rocks, I've got 'em all (not like all the people in here don't have at least most of them)!!! These are definately some of my FAVORITE books!

Lol, yes Leigh-S-Durron, you're not alone (or at least, I almost did).

17. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
    I didn't cry...but I sure did feel sad!

18. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    As I said before I still cry when I read defenders of the dead but more so in the uncertain path

19. BecJedi

Jul 27, 2003
    Oh, I cried too! Was torn between who was right? Obi or Qui...it was so sad! :(

20. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003

The trouble was they were both to a degree right but I did think it was funny when Qui Gon got a talking too in the uncertain path by Tahl and Yoda

21. SuperVader

SuperVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2002
    My favourite book was captive temple and yes I did cry in defenders of the dead.

22. jEdI_kEnObI80

Jul 24, 2003
    Tears come to my eyes everytime I read the scene where Tahl dies.

23. mad4dos

mad4dos Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    bit o/t but can any one give me a guide price for the full set of ja books in the uk ?
    mad4dos

24. BecJedi

Jul 27, 2003
    Sorry, wouldn't have a clue (living in Oz and all that), but you would find a price range on the UK amazon site.

And, jEdI_kEnObI80, I know exactly what you mean about...that scene. :_| Poor Tahl...

25. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
    You know what? I just reread the Ties that Bind and I find that during the pledging scene, if you listen to "Across the Stars" at the same time, it's so romantic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.