main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Armor

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey, no prob :) I bought about 8lbs of it and ended up using about 3 max, so who feels dumb now?? :p

2. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, now I know why they say get 50lbs, you can't reuse it! I finally got to the first plaster mould of my shin guard, and when I removed the clay it was so sodden with vaseline and plaster that it wasn't any good :(

But on a lighter note my vac-table works!!! I did a vac of a rocket stand and it worked great! The plastic didn't tear or anything. It was a pretty complex shape for vac-forming, so it didn't turn out perfect, and I missed a spot of vaseline, so the thing is trashed, but I'm happy that the table worked :D It was so cool. The plastic formed around the top of the mould and I turned on the vac and it sucked it all down, it was too amazing for words. Yeah, I'm a dork. So what???

I also have a major setback. Taking the plaster mould off of my shin cast, I accidently broke part of it, so I am in the works of trying to repair it now. If I can't, I have to start all over :_| Looking at my calendar, I see that I was supposed to paint the shin guards and shoulder guards tomorrow. Ha! Looks like I'll be luck to get the shin guards done by the end of the week. Jayna, I hope you are learning from my mistakes :p

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    okie, new pics on the website!!!

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Jayna, I posted the pic over at the FL 501st and this is what one of the members had to say:

Cool pic!
    The chest,shoulder and cod piece look somewhat like Snowtrooper armor. And the shin, forearm pieces look somewhat like Captian Typho's costume at the begining of AOTC when the ship explodes. You could probably use some old motor cross or baseball catchers shin guards for that, painted of course. And the helmet resembeles Skaughts Rebel helmet he made.Not the X-wing but the white colored helmet.The belt and pouches look like Boba Fett stuff,from the tread showing on the side of the boot it looks like brown leather work boots, or something like what was used to make the ROTJ bikerscout boots(not the white rubber cement boots). There! hows that?

I know Jack has a set of snowtrooper armor. Wanna do that next? ;)

5. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Is Jack the guy we saw at the Halloween party on campus? Q99, can you ask him to pose on a surfboard for some images for the website?

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, I'll shoot him an e-mail. If I could ever get the lighting for my bluescreen to work we could have blasty loads of fun ;)

7. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey, you weren't lying, your apartment really *is* a mess!

The shinguards remind me of cricket shinguards, they have the little piece over the knee too...

heehee!

PS- If you have any pix of Jayna and yourself at MegaCon we could get those on the website too, I have a few of myself I can send ya if you think that would be a good idea.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I told ya! It's a little cleaner now, just because I have moved my operation to the dining room table :p

9. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    The chest peice is definitly snowtrooper, but I think that's the only "actual" piece on it. Check out this link:

http://www.monkeyinadryer.com/snow/andy8.html

-Jack

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    You have your Snowtrooper armor, right? Or is it up in PA?

A list of my costume projects:

Jedi Armor
    NJO Jedi Special Forces
    Grand Admiral
    Rebel Pilot
    Imperial Bridge Officer
    Stormtrooper
    Snowtrooper
    Traditional Jedi Garb

So, I think with a lot of money and a lot of time I may get the first 3 done :p

11. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    It's all up in PA. I was only able to trim the major flashing off before I had to head down here.

-Jack

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    You're going home for the summer, right? Oh man, Jack without internet access! I plan on getting a job in the library over the summer, but I should still have ample time for armor work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.