main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Belt Workshop

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Theyrenotdolls, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theyrenotdolls

Theyrenotdolls Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    awesome link....those obi buckles look sweet

2. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I'm very interested in seeing this meeting come to life. I'll stay posted.

3. Poseidon11

Poseidon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    TND, about when do you plan on having the workshop? I'm still excited about doing this. We need to try and plan it before summer. By then, it'll be too hot in my shop. If there is anything I can do to help get things together, let me know.

Tony

4. Theyrenotdolls

Jan 31, 2005
    how does march 25/26 sound? or april 8/9? I'm going to new orleans this saturday morning to pick up some supplies... i'll pick up a few extra belts, but i dont want to spend a bunch of money without knowing if people can attend. i guess this is late notice....but let me know what you would like me to pick up. feel free to IM me at densonnier on AIM .

5. Poseidon11

Jul 15, 2002
    That weekend of March sounds perfect. Gives a couple of weeks to get organized and I'm not on call at work. Regarding the amount of material I would suggest at least enough to make 5. I'm sure we will have at least that much interest. If not, any extra can be made and sold on ebay so you won't loose your money.

6. Theyrenotdolls

Jan 31, 2005
    ok.....sounds good...

so who else is in????

I'll probably dye the belts beforehand...that way we can do it in one day...otherwise we'll have to meet for two days.
    also, like i said...it's going to cost around 45 - 50 bucks per belt, which considering ebay prices...isnt a bad deal. but at least you all will be able to take advantage of my tools, etc. i'll have a definite price later...it'll be more if anyone wants an "accurate" anakin buckle...of which i have a few. otherwise...get to goodwill and find yourself a buckle...i've found several on pairs of women's shoes...i'll post a pic of some in a minute.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/theyrenotdolls/Photo_030206_001.jpg]

the top two are "found" buckles from ladies shoes at goodwill.
    the bottom one is the accurate anakin buckle.

Another issue is which rivets you want to use....cheaper, less accurate or more expensive movie accurate ones.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/theyrenotdolls/jedikairivets.jpg]
    the ones on the left are movie accurate...they're also screwback..in silver, gold and antiqued brass colors. they run about 11 bucks per set of 8....the other ones are about 7 bucks per set of 8..not screwback...come in silver and gold colored.. i have to order the movie accurate ones, so let me know. the others i can pick up at the tandy store.

---Den

7. Theyrenotdolls

Jan 31, 2005
    actually, i dont think i'll dye them in advance....it'll be part of our fun...might take a little longer...what do you guys think?

--Den

8. Theyrenotdolls

Jan 31, 2005
    ok...went to the leather store in N.O. today.....i actually saved quite a bit of money compared to what the leather pouch here in town would have charged.....I bought enough for 5 belts....if it looks like we need more that that we'll improvise.

Jedi Belt, with Rivets, provide your own buckle = 41 credits
    Jedi Belt, with Rivets,with Anakin Buckle = 47 credits

I bought Med. Brown and Dark Brown dyes. I have a little "tan" here at the house also. If you want black, then you'll have to bring your own dye...this is a jedi belt workshop...NOT SITH!!!!! heh.

Some of you might think this is expensive, but it's less than half of what leather jedi belts are going for on ebay. Plus it'll be a fun outing for the group.
    Like I said earlier, i'm not making any profit from this, in fact, i'm eating some of the shipping charges.(rivets) Also, i'm not charging for the 3 "belt keeps" or the "snaps", as i have several around the house.

any thoughts?

9. Theyrenotdolls

Jan 31, 2005
    anybody interested????????????

10. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Me. I'm interested. Please eMail me so I don't miss it. Swampsurfer@fanforce.net.

11. Poseidon11

Jul 15, 2002
    Hey guys. My computer crashed on me and it's been exactly a week since i was able to check the internet. I thought for sure there would be more interest in this project. :confused:
    Still some time though. If anyone wants to come but can't afford the belt you are still welcome to hang out.
    I think this will make a very interesting meeting.

Tony

12. Theyrenotdolls

Jan 31, 2005
    yeah.....i've already put a good bit of work into all of this....the rivets came in today...they look sweet. I hope several people come out, at least, like tony said, to watch and hang out....
    anything else we should add to the adgenda? can ya rig up up tv in the shop to play the trilogies while we work? if not i can bring my laptop and play 'em on there.

Tony, we'll need you to post directions to your place in Cecilia.

Andre, (or whoever is in charge of sending emails and scheduling meetings) we could really use your help in announcing this to everyone. I've sent you multiple emails. please reply.

13. Theyrenotdolls

Jan 31, 2005
    Directions to Jedi Belt Workshop on Saturday

From Lafayette, merge onto I-10 E toward BATON ROUGE. 11.5 miles Map

1: Take the LA-347 exit- EXIT 115- toward CECILIA / HENDERSON. 0.3 miles

2: Turn LEFT onto GRANDPOINT HWY / LA-347. 1.1 miles

3: Turn RIGHT onto GRAND ANSE HWY / LA-678. 0.9 miles

4: Stay STRAIGHT at R & S Seafood to go onto PR-600 / SAM CHAMPAGNE RD. 0.3
    miles

5: End at 1092 Sam Champagne Rd
    Breaux Bridge, LA 70517-7137, US

Follow gravel road to end grey house with grey workshop behind it.

Phone 337-257-4515

Tony

14. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    what time is the workshop? i work until 8pm

15. Theyrenotdolls

Jan 31, 2005
    we will be starting at about 9 or 930 am...probably lasting until early afternoon.

16. Theyrenotdolls

Jan 31, 2005
    we had a good time the other day....there were 6 of us there....tony has pics if he can ever get TFN forums to work again. have a couple of extra belts if anyone's interested. if not, they'll be on ebay soon.

--Den

17. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I agree. The time we spent crafting our own prop replica belts was fun. I took my time and enjoyed everyone's company. I hope to finish my project someday soon.

I am about finished with our eMail list reconstruction and will send out a Newsletter soon announcing our next event. I hope we do this again sometime.

18. Poseidon11

Jul 15, 2002
    I want to thank Dennis for taking the time show us how to make belts. I had a good time. Here are a few pics for everyone.

[image=http://members.cox.net/tbeebe99/workshop1.jpg][image=http://members.cox.net/tbeebe99/group.jpg]
    [image=http://members.cox.net/tbeebe99/dennis.jpg]
    [image=http://members.cox.net/tbeebe99/props1.jpg]
    [image=http://members.cox.net/tbeebe99/belt1.jpg]
    [image=http://members.cox.net/tbeebe99/belt3.jpg]

Tony

19. Theyrenotdolls

Jan 31, 2005
    hey...no problem...and thanks to Tony for the use of his awesome workshop....hope we can put together another prop day or something....anybody have any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.