main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Jedi Boots

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Cerebral-Rent, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerebral-Rent

Cerebral-Rent Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    I've been seeing plenty of threads asking where to get Jedi boots.
    I need soem myself, so I decided to investigate what came to mind first: Boot Barn!

They have every style of boot imaginable, and for pretty decent prices too. And I know you're probably thinking: "But I don't want to look like a cowboy!"

And trust me: Neither do I.

But if you just go to the site and look up the "Roper" style boots, I found those to be the nicest and least-coyboy looking for the style I was going for.

If you're willing to spend a tad more money, you can do what I plan on doing: modifying them. I'm going to buy a yard or so of pleather, or real leather, depending on how low my funds are for the costume by the time I get to the feet, and am going to make a sort of... shell/brace thing that will completely hide the form and pattern of the boot that reads as "COWBOY".

Any other suggestions for boots? I'm welcome to ideas! :D

Here are three boots that I found (sorry, they're womens!):

http://www.bootbarn.com/itemview/women/bootsshoes/view/view/4612/popular/All/All/All

http://www.bootbarn.com/itemview/women/bootsshoes/view/view/5438/popular/All/All/All

http://www.bootbarn.com/itemview/women/bootsshoes/view/view/2604/price/All/All/All

2. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Well, for my Jedi attire, I decided to go completely outside the box and went with black knee-high moccassans. They are the most comfortable boots I own, and work really well with the rest of the costume. They add a bit of a rustic and almost archaic feel to the costume.

3. Cerebral-Rent

Jul 20, 2005
    Oooh, awesome! You got a picture?

4. DARTH_SILLYNOUS

DARTH_SILLYNOUS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    I wold love to see a picture as well! I had the same idea for my sons costume but was not sure how it would look.

5. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Sure do, Here, take a look:
    [image=http://pstr-d01.ygpweb.aol.com:80/data/015/63/97/17/33/i5WMKArrTJQMDuctgaLGrtH+UZGML8nZ0180.jpg]

You'll have to cut and paste the URL, for some reason the link won't take.

6. nathan_sith

nathan_sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2004
    equestrian boots are the way to go, the mountain horse winter range has some nice ones

7. Cerebral-Rent

Jul 20, 2005
    Hey, Tramp, that looks really cool!

8. Cerebral-Rent

Jul 20, 2005
    I wonder if I can find equestrian boots at Pet Co... some of them have major horse supplies.

9. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Do you have any local Tack shops? They have some great hoices and selections. Ebay has also produced great results :)

10. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Well suead boots up to the knees work. Kai Adi Mundi has them. German or other types or riding boots work. all the on screen Jedi have those. And even motorcross boots will work Sasee Tin's figure is wearing those.
    I've seen from the visual dictionary's boots as short has mid calf to as high as the knee, with material ranging from suead to oiled leather. COlors from tan to dark chocoalte brown.
    LOTS of latitude.

11. Darth_Cronus278

Darth_Cronus278 Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2005
    Great call on the Moto-X boots. Been looking for something unique for my costume. Checked out a few sites that sell moto-x boots, and they look great, very SW. Best suggestion I've heard yet.

12. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    The biggest problem I've had with finding boots is finding boots with sheaths big enough for my calves! D= I have 19" calves, which I've never thought were that ginormous but apparently boot makers think all women have slender little legs or something. =\ And then there's the thing where I can't find a women's 10.5, it's like the missing link of shoe sizes..

13. Cerebral-Rent

Jul 20, 2005
    Darth_Cronus278 I went looking up moto-X boots... they aren't cheap. :\ I did find a pair that looked really cool though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jedi_junkie I totally agree! It's hard for me to find my 9.5 at quite a few vendors. But I have virtually no calf. (It looks odd with my thunder thighs [face_laugh].)

14. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I've had riding boots for the last couple of years, but while waiting in line for ROTS I realized something... They hurt! I'm seriously thinking of something like a ninja tabi boot(hella cheap) or a taller biker boot (hella expensive).

15. electrakitty

electrakitty Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    I was just searching around on ebay the other day, and I found that silhouettes.com was selling a bunch of returned knee-length boots for crazy cheap. I'm planning to buy my Jedi boots from them, 'cause they had an array of sizes and 2-3 styles. The ones I'm currently winning are brown suede and knee-length and right now the bid is at $3.50. Have a look, but please leave my auction alone :)
    Mods, sorry if this violates the forum rule about promoting sales.

16. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Are you guys suggesting the shorter padock boots or the tall boots? (in reference to the equestrian boots) Because I have both from my riding days and I'm currently working on a Jedi costume and have no clue for footwear.

17. NEMES1S

NEMES1S Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    If you have the $$$, www.Motorcowboy.com. But then, everyone here probably already knew about this site... Nice stuff they have. Being a sith-man myself, I wear a pair of black Frank Thomas boots - just like the one Darth Maul has with the double "V" on it ( besides, I don't like the feel of the regular jedi riding boots reaching up near my knees).

18. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I just received the Jedi boots from Caboots.com, and wow, I am impresed! They are only 40.00 because they are vinyl, but durable, and comfortable! I also bought a pair of black rubber riding boots for a Sith costume that are awesome for only 40.00 from state tack.com

19. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    For the ladies out there, Target has two suede almost knee-high boots, in tan and also in black. They have some crossed straps around them (for that cross-gaithered look :) ) which I don't know if will come off or not, not yet having purchased a pair. At the moment, they're $40, but I am hoping they will be on sale soon. The heel is low, perhaps a wedge heel. Not really Jedi boots, but they felt comfortable when I tried on the 8.5 the other day, and the inside zipper was fine over my socks and calves. Tucking in a pair of pants might not work, however.

English knee-high riding boots look the closest to what Obi's wearing in RotS, at any rate, as has been mentioned in the thread. Once the stores start getting in boots for the fall season, the ladies might be able to find the usual knock-offs in this style, and cheaper than a tack shop's real riding boots, but probably not as well-constructed.

20. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I found my boots on ebay, they are actually equestrian boots from the 1940's and they look almost identical to obi-wans boots in Episode II. They were a great find a little too small for me but I took them to a boot shop and they stretched them for me. It still takes another person to pull them off, and I have to get in touch with my feminine side seeing as nylons work the best while wearing them but they look perfect. And the boots are what really tops off the costume in my opinion. While I was at CIII I mainly looked at everyones boots to see who actually got the real deal, not just combat boots or tennis shoes because that can really ruin the costume. So if you have to spend extra to get them I would say its worth it people will notice them. My boots ran me 95 dollars off ebay. good luck finding some (it is a challenge but satisfying once you find a good pair).

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.