main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Challenge

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Lizardmonkey, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    I don't know if this was done by another UK forum, but the West Virginia forum has indulged it. The premise is this. Every week a challenge is issued to Star Wars fans. Photographs/anecdotes of the act are then put up on the forum. Allow me to illustrate:

1) Sell all your Star Wars stuff on ebay (a grim, pain-ridden task, not for the feint of heart!)

2) eat a Burger King whopper meal in Macdonalds, or vice versa.

3) Sit on a bus with a toy reek or rancor/ Tauntaun etc and stroke it as if it were a pet. Naturally.

4) Post an inflammatory message on one of the main boards, for example 'Lucas should ban all celibate people from seeing Episode III', somethingh like that.

5) Kill anyone who says that Glasgow is the home of the deep-fried Mars Bar and/or Salt and sauce on your chips (as a recent travelogue of the city said), not Edinburgh which originated both.

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    1)Its not a good idea to promote breaking the TOS (ie posting flames).
    2)Its not a good idea to promote murder on the JC either.
    3)Everyone knows deep fried Mars bars originated in Stonehaven, in the North East of Scotland.

edit

4)West Virignia has not indulged any such challenge. Infact, you saying they did violates the TOS (User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate

a full retraction on your part is probably a good idea.

3. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    I believe the definition of the words 'humour' and 'irony' can be found in any dictionary, Mr Malkie, purchaseable from any good book stockist. A dictionary might only cost you a couple of quid, but its a worthy investment. The word 'imagination' is in there too, I believe.
    I won't spoil your fun by explaining to you what they mean here.

4. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    1) I fail to see any humour in your post.
    2) I fail to see any examples of irony in your post.

(perhaps *you* need to be purchasing a dictionary)

3) You also clearly miss the obvious comedy in my post.
    4) Its Dr Malkie to you thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.