main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi costume completed!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Q99213, Jul 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I've finally finished my costume. Well, no costume is ever truly completed, but you know what I mean. I decided to take an Anakin and sort of modify it. It looks like most Jedi Knights or Masters have a tanish color costume, but I really liked the dark brown tabbards and boots idea (and I got a great deal on dark brown boots) so here it is. Lemme know what you think :)

[image=http://www.rebellegion.com/images/cos/518-A.jpg]

2. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    The picture is a tad fuzzy, but it looks great! Total funk. When did you start this bad boy?

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That's my pic from the Rebel Legion so don't blame me for the quality :)

I started this thing about 3 or 4 months ago. I still have some detail work to do on the belt, but other than that I'm pleased. I can't wait for Mega Con!

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    looks great, Q!

5. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Cool costume, Q99213. I'm right next to you on the Rebel Legion site (Anakin Skywalker on the right). Leather, or fake leather, tabbards rock!

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Thanks for the comments guys. And yes, vinyl is the best! :D

7. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Q99,
    That is NICE, very nice indeed. :) Well done.

8. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Quite nicely done.

9. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    I'm putting the final touches on a new tabbard for mine. Going with (fake) leather one this time.

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Thanks for the awesome feeback everyone :D

Scruff, do you have any pics of your current costume? I was thinking about going with cloth tabbards, but I really liked the contrast I was able to get with the vinyl. I may do a pair of cloth ones anyway, just for varity. Maybe a nice blue...

11. -LadyVader-

-LadyVader- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    I have to agree with contrasting fabrics...Obi-Wan's just blended to much to me...Nothing stood out. Excellent work, Q99213!

12. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    ah looks mighty cool! I am inspired to finish mine now, and post pics. Although I am afraid I wont have the awesome lightsaber effect in em...:p

Forcebewitya!

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey forcebewitya, if you hold some sort of broom or something and e-mail me your pic, I wouldn't mind adding the effect for ya. It looks like the person at the Rebel Legion that posted my pic even whent over my original effect, so they may be able to do something if you submit it to them.

14. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I do the pics for Rebel Legion, and I do have to go over the effects of other people's sabres since there is no way to transfer the sabre glow into the new background. Sometimes I just try to redo the part that is over the background and not cover up the effect that is in front of the person.

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I thought about that when looking at some of the other member pics, but figured I'd roto my own just in case.

I would just like to say that you do an awesome job with the RL pics! *thumbs up*

16. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Thanks.

17. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "Hey forcebewitya, if you hold some sort of broom or something and e-mail me your pic, I wouldn't mind adding the effect for ya. "

awesome! that would be great! although it will be awhile before I send you the pic. I have just recently completed most of my costume (all I need now is the belt) so it will be sometime after august 10th before I have pics (Wizard world) thanks a lot though!

Forcebewitya!

18. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    no problem :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.