main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Jedi costume donate to local charity ideas

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by PadmeLeia, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeia

PadmeLeia Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2005

I Thought of a good idea for our fan force....Hopefully it will get us some new members. I made darthskymark (donnie) a Jedi costume. I thought about donating the costume to Lucky's Attic..They have a non-profit organisation to help rescue homeless animals..

They also have a thrift store in the mountaineer Mall in Morgantown. So they can raffle the costume off...and all the money will go to help the animals. I am a frequent shopper there(every thursday).Just was wondering about what you guys thought and we could discuss this at the next meeting.

Check out their web site.
    http://www.animalfriendswv.org

@};- Lisa and ]-} Donnie

2. Zoomer

Zoomer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Although I'm not familiar with Lucky's Attic, I think the idea of doing something for a local charity is a good idea. One of the best things to promote the growth of any club such as this one is recognition, and charity work can accomplish that. The model RR club I'm in does work with the boy scouts for merit badges and we take small train displays to schools for the kids to see.

I think its a great idea. I'll be interested to hear more details about the idea.

Lee

3. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Sounds like a cool plan. The Clarksburg mission is one of our favorite groups to donate to, but we are not limited to just them. Ithorian or myself can help make any cards, papers, etc. that you might need. We can put this up for vote next meeting :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.