main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Jedi Costume HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TarikJanis, May 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarikJanis

TarikJanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Hey guys, I'm making a Jedi Costume for Comic-Con 2004 and I'm having a little bit of trouble. First, sorry to post on your boards but the Fan Force that I'm a member of, well doesn't really exsist anymore. So I'm asking you guys. First I'm having trouble finding boots, does anyone know where to get good looking Jedi boots, I don't wanna order online, I'd like to try them on before I buy them you know. Second, does anyone know where to buy leather at. I need plain undyed leather for making my belt out of. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Thanks guys, and May the Force Be With You.

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    There are a couple of places you can start, but they all depend on where you live. There's Tandy Leather in Fountain Valley as well as a shop in Long Beach that I don't know the name of. As for boots, Boot Barn or anywhere else that sells some kind of motorcycle boot should be fine. You'll have to remove most of the straps, but after that, they'll look fine. There's also a shop somewhere that'll make you custom boots, but I don't know what that'll cost you.

Let us know, in general, where you live and we can try to help you out more. Also, remember that unless you're trying for an exact costume, like Mace, Luke, Obi-Wan, you don't need anything exact. As we've seen in the prequels, each Jedi wears slightly different clothes, so nothing needs to be done exactly a certain way.

Good luck!

3. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    I live in Rialto, which is in San Bernardino County, but I'm willing to drive at the most 2 hours if there's a place that I can get good costume stuff. Also I'm not doing an exact character so nothing needs to look like a characters. :)

4. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
  5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    I know you don't want to order online, but I've seen the MotorCowboy Anakin, Obi-Wan, AND Qui-Gonn boots and they are wonderful. The people I know that have had them done absolutely love them. Another place is a bootmaker that usually does RenFaires. It is Native Earth. I don't know his exact email address, but I'm sure a Google search will get you his info. His boots usually have a lifetime guarantee and, again, exquisite workmanship. However, he quoted me $500 for replacement Kenobi boots.

I had my Kenobi boots custome made a couple of years ago, and unfortunately the bootmaker passed away just before they were finished. (Most of the custom boots you see on film were made by this gentleman.. he was magic) So while they are good, they don't fit like the should have as his workers finished them off. So, I am going with MotorCowboy to get ones that fit a bit better.

Anyways, hope this helps

6. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    I just finished making my Jedi belt....It is SO COOL! I can't believe I made it....Its so SWEET!!!!

7. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    if you decide to order online, museum replicas has very nice looking boots that only cost about $160 or so and even have a zipper up the side. nicest and most resonable i have ever seen.

8. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    You can also find some boots similar to Obi-Wan's ep1 boot here. With some modifications available here, this is a very cheap alternative.

The boots in the link above are about $40. I don't know how much the strips of leather or the belt keepers are, but I can't imagine them costing $100.

9. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Strips of leather and the loops aren't much, but it's the sewing them on that takes time. You need a machine that will sew thick leather or you can destroy it fairly fast. Our Anakin and Master Ash made Ani's boots. And while they were cheap to make, the sewing involved was incredibly teadious and hard VERY HARD on a machine that was made to sew leather. But the results were worth it..they look great. Also, if you find leather that works, but is the wrong color, you can always dye it. That's what we did.

Master K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.