main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Costume! I need input!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Cerebral-Rent, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerebral-Rent

Cerebral-Rent Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    [image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/evilauren/Camera1095.jpg]

So that's my design; I'm leaning more towards the small ones on the right.

I know it's elaborate, but I have a lot of fun designing costumes... and your average Jedi-Joe garb can seem a little drab to the artistically inclined.

So what I want to know is... do you like it? Could it pass for a Jedi costume? I got inspiration from Serra Keto from the ep. III game, and various other characters.

Tell me what you think.

--Lauren

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    That's great! I really like your color choices and the longer tabbards with the interesting collar/yoke. The repeating triangular points on the skirt echo the yoke very nicely too. I think it's excellent and your illustration is wonderful.

You should post it over in our costume design challenge thread as well. It's here: July's Design Challenge

Thanks for posting your ideas. :)

3. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    It looks great. A good take on an alternate Jedi costume. :)

4. Drakonnen

Drakonnen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I like it. Its very Knights of the Old Republic, which I like even more than the PT Jedi since there was so much more variety in the Jedi look.

5. Cerebral-Rent

Jul 20, 2005
    Thanks! I'll put up pictures when I finish it (though that may be in a few months).

6. setra

setra Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2005
    that is cool :D

7. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I do like it..
    it is beautiful
    ..but not so sure that it would be recognized as Jedi to the non Star Wars folks....so a great deal would depend on what you would want to DO with the costume once you make it....
    It would probably not be accepted by The Jedi Assembly or the Rebel Legion....certainly not as canon.
    Even in canon Jedi garb I have been asked by John Q. Public if I was a "monk", Robin Hood....and the ever popular "so....what is your costume?"

We, as Star Wars geeks tend to think that everyone recognizes our costumes...but when I have been out doing exhibits, parades, etc....a lot of folks just don't have a clue...
    So....if it is for your enjoyment....
    do it.....
    it looks marvelous...
    but...
    if being recognized as Jedi at functions...well...sadly...that probably won't happen.

8. Cerebral-Rent

Jul 20, 2005
    I know that If I included that monk-ish style cloak... thing, (I'm sorry... I don't know the term. XD, it would be more recognizable, but I live in So Cal, and it gets extremely hot here, and I plan on wearing this next summer to a convention, so I'm trying to keep the textiles as light as I can. There's no way I can personally wear heavy, multi-layered typical Jedi attire without overheating. Even at Halloween.

So... there are reasons for the extreme deviation in style.

9. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    awsome concept!! can't wait to see what it looks like in real life, lol.

10. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    That is very cool, very KOTOR. I like it alot.

11. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    It might make it into the Rebel Legion under formal Original Trilogy/ New Republic standards for Jedi costumes:

Required Items:

Outer Tunic/Jacket, Utility Belt, High Boots (above ankle), Lightsaber (no toys), Pants or skirt

Formal Requirements: You must have at least three items from the list to be formal.

Robe or Cape (Recommended), Pouches, D-Ring clip, Vest or tabards, Obi/Sash, Belt tools-- droid caller, battery packs, etc., Blaster with holster

It'd need one or two more things from the ala-carte list. Maybe a cape and something extra on the belt.

Granted you might not even be trying to make it for admission into the Rebel Legion, but we always like to recruit new members ;)

It's really awesome though!

12. Cerebral-Rent

Jul 20, 2005
    Let's see. Pants/skirt, utility belt, high boots. Well, I've got three down.

I might have four if I decide to make a trip to Home Depot or something to make a realish-looking saber hilt for show.

Tabards, check; Obi, check; belt stuff: food capsules, pouches... I'll do s'more research.

And if I decided on looking into the Rebel Legion, I'll drop you an email.

But yeah... this is really just for Comic Con '06 and Halloween if I can get it done by then.

Thanks for the compliments, peoples!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.