main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Jedi costume

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jedijason330, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I don't know if anybody has discussed this, but how would you go about obtaining a Jedi costume. I would like to get one before EP. 3 releases on DVD so I could wear it if they have a midnight release party for it here in Los Lunas.

2. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    most of the ones here have been made by the costumer themselves, they are somewhat easy to make. Do you sew?

3. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Do you have boat loads of money and do you eBay?

4. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Jedi costumes can actually be made rather reasonably as cost goes! Cyndi, David or Roman.....any suggestions?

5. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Simplicity has a pattern that can be altered fairly easy to make it. I will get the patter # and post it.

6. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I could sew if I had to, which in this case means I probably have to.

7. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    Hardest part of the costume is the boots and belt. Depending on what you want....I dropped about $300 for mine (PM me for the source). I got my robe and tunic from a Jedi Master in El Paso.

8. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    i made mine, and it's ok i used a pattern for the robe-- but i hate using patterns-- they never work exactly right so i just end up modifying them. i just kind of winged the rest from pictures. the robe material i found some dark dark brown from hancock for 3 or 4 dollars a yard-- you need a lot of it-- so cheaper is always better!!
    for the other material wal-mart has this great stuff for a dollar a yard that when doubled looks pretty close-- they had it in dk brown, almost khaki, and dk green...

but i second the notion that the boots and the belt are the hardest-- i made my belt from scrap leather-- but it's by no means perfect. as for boots there's a website that has not too expensive boots, 50 or 60 bucks i think.

i found the pan caps for the belt at staples, and some of the other stuff at REI & tandy leather...

pm me for my phone number if you want more details...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.