main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Costuming

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by RichardLillard1, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichardLillard1

RichardLillard1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2005
    Hello,
    I am new to all of this, but I had a few questions about costuming.

I'm interested in putting together my own Jedi costume, and I am curious as to where I could get a nice movie quality robe. The main website I am looking at right now is www.mystikmerchant.com they have a nice cotton robe of fair weight, and it all looks nice, is completely custom, and seems to be about perfect. The only problem is that I would like one in a lighter brown than what they offer. They are asking around $130 for this robe, and what I would like to know is if that is fair, and if there are any other places I should check out that perhaps make better robes.

I am also looking at a company called Star Fortress Productions, I would like to know if anyone has done business with them, if they were pleased with the products offered, and if they are worth my time.

I am also interested in finding an Episode I and II Obi Wan Kenobi lightsaber that I could either convert to El, or purchase as an EL setup. I know Larbel made one, but his are harder to find now, and I would like to know if there are any other ones out there for a fair price.

Also, where can I find the tunics, belts, boots, pants, etc. for a Jedi costume?

Any help would be very greatly appreciated, thank you.

S_S edit: please post your questions in the appropriate threads across0the0stars linked to. Thanks! :)

2. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    hello!
    welcome to the costuming boards =P

did you take a look at the sticky up at the top *points to it*, it is kept nice and organized with all of the prominent existing threads on this board. Your question would fall into a thread or a few that is already listed. try these:

The Complete Jedi Costume Guide
    Your Lightsaber

and of course you can look through that sticky for any other threads that you might find useful. =)

3. RichardLillard1

RichardLillard1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2005
    Hey thanks a lot, you've been a big help.

4. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    And follow the magic link in my signature for everything Jedi..
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.