main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Jedi Council meeting holograms

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Feb 21, 2013.

1. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    This has been bugging me for a while but I've only just thought to post it on here!

When the Jedi Council are having meetings and some of the members are there in hologram form, there obviously isn't a full scale hologram of the council in front of the member that isn't there in person, SO why do they turn their head so much when talking to someone.

Do you get me?! lol

Like, when Yoda is on Kashyyyke and he's at a council meeting (or something) in hologram form, and on Kashyyyk the hologram is right there in front of him and all he has to do is move his eyes, but in the council chamber back on Courscant he's turning his head right to the side to take to Mace or Ki Adi.

You know what I mean! lol Just bugs me a little!

Still doesn't take anything away from the awsomeness of the movie! :)

2. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Must just be me that notices this [face_laugh]:)

3. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    GL isn't exactly a stickler for details. These movies are full of errors like that. I'm actually getting ready to do a blog about the hundreds (thousands?) of technical errors just like that in the PT. PM me if you would like the address.

4. aepawlik87

aepawlik87 Jedi Knight

Feb 21, 2013
    I wondered that too. But you never know. Yoda might have a private council room or some weird stuff.

5. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Isn't there some EU retcon that suggests that the absent members actually projected the other council members wherever they were in the proper locations mathematically so that their head turning interaction would be explained?

6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    It's just a stylistic choice, like sound in space or what have you. It's done so that it looks good on screen.

7. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Lets hope JJ doesn't have as much "style"

8. SoWizard

SoWizard Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    **** off, hipster.

KilroyMcFadden and Vthuil like this.
  9. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Hologram technology and how it behaves makes no sense, and it's not supposed to. This isn't Star Trek - the tech is not the center of the story. Rather, it is a tool for the plot and characters. Because of this, certain things about it aren't going to line up.

10. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    can't honestly say it bothers me

although whenever i see them I can't help but think of old 3SA days when a thread was made:

FORCE GHOSTS IN EP 3!!

*a pic of Ki-Adi as a hologram in the council chamber*

:oops:

11. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

J.J. is even worse. I've seen "STAR TREK".

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    As much time as they all sat on their duffs in the same spot listening to the same people prattle on and on and on about the same tiresome crap... they know exactly where the others are without seeing them. I don't even have to look up to know who said what about "style" even though the post above mine doesn't list the name of the quoted person. How? Because I recognize Killroy McFadden's "style". This site is like the Jedi Council chamber. The same conversation goes around in circles and you don't have to be physically present to know who is saying what.

SoWizard likes this.
  13. Darth_Monkey_Boy

Darth_Monkey_Boy Jedi Knight

Oct 11, 2008
    Admittedly, when I first saw Ki as a hologram, I actually thought he was indeed a Force Ghost.[face_blush] It was because I had only caught the first season of "The [Original] Clone Wars" 'toon, and that final image of the fight made it seem he met his demise at the lightsaber-equipped hands (and foot) of Grievous.