main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Jedi council meeting scene

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Anakin's Daddy, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    There is one scene that I have been imagining for a long time that I would love to see probably more than any other scene I can think of. I spent a while thinking about if I should start a thread on it, and I feel that there are enough characters and ideas to bounce around that it could work.

Picture this: Luke leads Rey to a special area on the island on Ahch-To one evening for part of her training. They sit down and not one, but THREE Jedi appear around them. It is the force ghosts of Anakin (Hayden), Obi-Wan (Ewan) and Yoda. Even Qui-Gon's voice chimes in now and then. Yoda would lead the meeting and others would each provide their unique insight. They talk about past events and the future challenges that await Luke and Rey.

The scene would sort of mirror the Jedi council scenes from episodes 1-3. I can't think of a better way to bring back these characters and bridge the entire saga. Would this work? What could they talk about? Do you like the idea?

2. Kyberfreak

Kyberfreak Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 3, 2017
    "What could they talk about?"

> WTF DO WE DO GUYS! SRSLY <

"Do you like the idea?"

Sure, I mean, they're ghosts so they can probably show up whenever. But I thought the main rumor was that they'd have these discussions with trees and birds, as they'd be more neutral and pure access points to the Force and to ultimately intepret its intentions for them.

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Qui Gon necessary? I'd love to see other three though!

4. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    In addition some meanwhile very old survivors of the o66
    Yes!, Yes!, Yes! Absolutely love it

They discuss to bring the Jedi thing back on track!!!!!! YES!

Not going to happen

5. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003
    Is there a force ghost thread? Besides the Hayden thread? If not, there should be. In the meantime, I don't mind chatting about force ghosts. I've been wondering myself. When they announced the ST would feature Luke, I immediately assumed this meant Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda would follow. And maybe more! Unless, LFL goes back to the old idea that force ghosts can't retain their ghosts indefinitely.

Either way, Luke has probably been in contact with them. That's 30+ years of Jedi chats. I, too, wonder what they talked about. I assume their discussions led to Luke's Jedi "research." Man, imagine how much there is to mine for future stories...

6. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Anakin may sit on the council but he shouldnt be granted the rank of master.

whostheBossk, Kole, oncafar and 2 others like this.
  7. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    Qui-Gon was the first Jedi who was able to retain his identity after death but not in a visual form, so technically he's the only other Jedi that could be there as well... but no, he's not really necessary.

8. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    So the Force Ghost Council meets with Luke and is introduced to Rey.
    Yoda tells Luke Rey is too old to begin training. He mentions that he resisted Anakin's training also. When he trained Luke it was because they were desperate and had no one else. He reminds everyone that he initially told Obi-wan that he could not train Luke due to lack of patience.
    Qui-gon chips in that Yoda was initially right about Anakin, and that he agrees they need to find a really really young kid, while Luke needs to quit hanging out and talking with birds and get busy handling the New Order.
    Obi-wan points out that he initially thought Anakin was dangerous, but went ahead anyway because of Qui-gon's dying wish. He points out that he needed to rectify this on Mustafar. He adds that actually he did not go far enough, and when he went to retrieve the light saber he should have given Anakin the coup de grâce.
    Anakin laughs from the other side of the chamber (where he is shape shifting between old and young Anakin), and suggests to Obi-wan that having the higher ground was not a guarantee of of total success, and that follow-through was as important.
    Yoda rubs his chin and says, "Mmmmm. Deja vu all over again, this is."
    Luke looks up, frowns, and says, "I don't even know what I'm doing here! We're wasting our time!"
    Yoda sighs.

9. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    A force ghost council would be very weird in my opinion--it wouldn't be much different than the PT holograph council meetings. Luke was alone without anyone to guide him in the force when Ben died. His Force ghost led him to Yoda, and filled in some valuable details that would have otherwise been lost after his death. To have a Jedi council of ghosts would dilute the gravity of Luke being the Last Jedi and left to make his own decisions.

It would be nice on a certain level to see Yoda, Obi-Wan, and a redeemed Anakin communing with Luke, but an all out Jedi FG council would be way too much.

Sarge likes this.
  10. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    A sort of ghost council sounds cool. Why not?

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    No thanks, too much fanservice for my taste.

12. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    yoda: train rey you must
    Luke: but I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!

Darth Geezy and Darth Smurf like this.
  13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Imagine: 4 episodes, from being a nobody to the last Jedi master and those bloody power converters still there!

14. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    Not sure if the Lars moisture farm needs them anymore, since the day Owen and Beru were incinerated. Anyway Luke would just go there and goof off with his old (literally) friends. Best he focus on what is important like scowling and conversing with the native fauna.

15. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Within my own canon, Rey has never met those other figures and can't interact with the fallen Jedi. If she does meet up with a Force Ghost, we can probably figure out why (Episode IX).

I know what she heard in the vision and it's all over the place. They weren't Ghosts because she heard Palpatine too.

It doesn't mean that Luke can't have that scene with them (and that rule would dismiss Qui-Gon appearing to Luke).

16. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i would really not want to see the jedi council; i feel like i've seen enough of them in the PT and TCW.

i thought you were on his side and didn't wanna put him in that position.

17. Avalanche19

Avalanche19 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 3, 2016
    I would like to see the Jedi council, including Qui-Gon

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  18. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Let's break this down further. What bothers you more? The idea of seeing Force ghosts (which are part of the canon) at the first Jedi Temple speaking to the last living Jedi master? Or, that you personally can't shake the notion that you're only seeing characters you know and love in the movie because you think the filmmakers want to give you characters you'll enjoy?

I find this whole notion of fans categorizing things they used to like as a negative fan service very confusing. It's like being mad at a waitress for bringing you a free desert because you think he's trying to get a solid tip. So long as the rest of the food is good (the heart of the movie) I can't bring myself to overanalyze the intent of entertainers trying to entertain me.

So, it's a yes from me to the idea of Force Ghosts interacting with the last Jedi master alive since they used to previously.

Martoto77 and Anakin's Daddy like this.
  19. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    In short:

No Thanks.

Yoda or Obi-wan (Ewan-one) voice overs to Luke and Rey are ok, if not overdone. But a full on host of Jedi ghosts hanging around and discussing things, hopefully not.

20. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Would be interesting, but never going to happen. We might get more voices of Obi-Wan and Yoda if anything. That's it.

21. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    I never thought of force ghosts that way before... that they only show themselves to Jedi they have known in the past. It's interesting, and possibly could be, however it makes the young Anakin appearing to Luke at the end of ROTJ more awkward. Luke didn't know his young father. Also, Rey hears both Yoda and Obi-Wan's voice in TFA and I doubt she has a clue who they were.

JediLight likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

I'm guessing that such a scene would not be necessary as part of the story being told. To me, it seems like old familiar characters are being shoe-horned into places where they don't belong just to be seen. If they have a real part to play in the story, that's great, but SW has not done a good job with such scenes. Jabba & 3P0 & Chewie didn't add anything to the PT and their inclusion only diminished their characters and confused the overall story in my eyes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.